Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know HugoSmits...  
Full Name  
Nickname HugoSmits 
State/Province, Country Noord-Brabant   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Helmond, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.hugodenkt.nl/tutorial/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/21/2009 9:41:06 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
my 3d next-gen engine for Nintendo DS This are some screenshots from my latest 3D engine for Nintendo DS. The engine features things like bumpmapping,lighting,environment mapping, and color layers. It runs at around 30 FPS. Which is good enough for a commercial game. The engine i... 
Posted September 10, 2010 12:36:10 AM
true 3D voxel engine for Nintendo DS This is the first realtime true 3D voxel engine for Nintendo DS (and probably any other handheld). The above example is a Mario-cube consisting of a volumetric data set of 64x64x64. The outside is textured mapped, while the inside is generated fro... 
Posted April 10, 2009 3:30:35 AM
Polygon Essentials - Please proof read It’s a series of tutorials about polygon filling routines. I wrote this because in the Netherlands, the game industry mainly consists out of handheld game development studios. So it’s still common practice to write your own polygon fillers. ... 
Posted February 21, 2009 10:04:29 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
my 3d next-gen engine for Nintendo DS Quote:Original post by phresnel Quote:Original post by HugoSmits As it happens to be, I'm running my own company making NDS and Wii games. I own the IP and graphics of all the games we create. honestly, I wouldn't care less if somebody took some... 
Posted September 13, 2010 8:14:30 AM
my 3d next-gen engine for Nintendo DS Quote:Original post by phresnel Quote:Original post by HugoSmits I doubt I get in trouble for using them in a little prototype demo that holds no commercial purpose. Whether they get you or not is less of my point. It is primarily that you don't a... 
Posted September 13, 2010 4:22:23 AM
Nintendo Wii if your coming from Flash, homebrew SDK might not be the best option. Since it requires alot of technical/programming skills to create game. Plus you risk the change that you need to re-write your game once you become a official licensed deve... 
Posted September 12, 2010 12:47:06 PM
How to create j2me game with size not more than 500kb and level more than 5? Mostly it's bitmaps/audio that makes life hard for a mobile programmer. When I started making mobile games, everything had to be under 64kb, so 500kb sounds like heaven for me :) Things I did to compress everything : 1.) be clever about... 
Posted September 12, 2010 7:03:35 AM
my 3d next-gen engine for Nintendo DS Quote:Original post by Geometrian Quote:The engine is a software rendered, this way I can do kewl tricks without having to wait for the GPU vblank. With the GPU out of the picture and some cool optimize tricks, it can also handle more polygons at... 
Posted September 11, 2010 5:45:46 PM
my 3d next-gen engine for Nintendo DS Quote:Original post by phresnel I love truly handmade 3d graphics, awesome :) Quote:The textures and weapons are from the internet or ripped from screenshots of other games. This is not so nice ... and legally dangerous for you. You should switc... 
Posted September 10, 2010 8:45:59 AM
true 3D voxel engine for Nintendo DS Quote:Original post by _SergeyK_ Quote:Original post by _SergeyK_ My framerate heavily depends on the scene (how many voxels are visible) and on which machine (DS/DSi) you run it. But on average I get between 30 and 50 FPS. The re... 
Posted April 10, 2009 4:20:36 PM
true 3D voxel engine for Nintendo DS Quote:Original post by _SergeyK_ Quote:Original post by HugoSmits I can render the same amount of data (models of 256x256x256) on my Nintendo DS using less than 4 MB RAM, no GPU and a ARM9 (67MHz) processor. But 256x256x256 gives 16 Mb...W... 
Posted April 10, 2009 2:50:43 PM
true 3D voxel engine for Nintendo DS Quote:Original post by _SergeyK_ On current-gen GPUs with decent pixel shading pipeline you can do a raycasting in a pixel shader. That is pretty straightforward and gives impressive results compared to what can be done in software. Well, define... 
Posted April 10, 2009 1:28:41 PM
true 3D voxel engine for Nintendo DS Quote:Original post by _SergeyK_ Nice work. I am not sure, does Nintendo DS have hw accelaration for 3D graphics? Do you plan to implement any hardware acceleration features in your demo? Do you have something for PC? Anyway, voxel rendering does... 
Posted April 10, 2009 9:31:57 AM
View All Replies Made By This User