Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know bladerunner627...  
Full Name Jonathan Bastnagel
Nickname bladerunner627 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Katy, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://mp3unsigned.com/blade.asp 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID bladerunner625 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1127  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/6/2006 3:23:31 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Ray-tracing - Primitive Shape Distortions I started writing a simple ray-tracer on Friday night but I've hit a snag. My short-term goal was to create a 100% reflective sphere more or less in the center of the scene and a "full bright" opaque colored plane below it to demonstrate the... 
Posted December 5, 2010 5:51:24 PM
Quaternion-based Camera problem I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not, but it's the closest one I could find. I'm using MDX(yea, so sue me). I'm trying to make a Quaternion-based camera based off of this tutorial: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/fea... 
Posted November 6, 2007 2:24:14 AM
GDNet account still not activated. I signed up for a GDNet+ account last week, don't recall the day. The GDNet+ subscription page said it would be activated as soon as my payment cleared, but according to the bank and paypal my payment cleared on 03-29-2007. I tried emailing Mell... 
Posted April 1, 2007 10:47:43 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Ray-tracing - Primitive Shape Distortions Thank you :) I better read up in one of my computer graphic books I believe the math is in there. I'll let you know how it works out, won't have anything for a few weeks due to finals. Thanks again! 
Posted December 7, 2010 9:05:46 PM
Inverse of 4x4 matrix I'll admit I've never implemented the routine you've mentioned but for the very same reason you make your suggestion over co-factors, it seems more difficult to implement. Here's my implementation, I've never thoroughly benchmarked but it's suffic... 
Posted December 6, 2010 12:24:52 PM
Inverse of 4x4 matrix Quote:Original post by sooner123 Solving by using the cofactors is actually much harder and laborious than solving it directly. Inverting a square matrix is the same as solving a system of four equations. This can be easily done by appending the... 
Posted December 6, 2010 12:44:17 AM
Inverse of 4x4 matrix mathworld has a really good article on this http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MatrixInverse.html This can be easily solved using Cramer's rule. Find the determinant of the matrix and invert the result then multiply that by the transposed matrix of... 
Posted December 6, 2010 12:04:03 AM
Ray-tracing - Primitive Shape Distortions Quote:Original post by _Sauce_The field of view is defined by the distance between the image plane and your camera origin. You may find it easier to specify the FOV directly in your calculations. Oh..oh...doooh! Well that would probably be it then... 
Posted December 5, 2010 9:27:58 PM
Ray-tracing - Primitive Shape Distortions Gere's a before and after. The first is before translation, the second is the sphere translated to units two the right. The third one is down one unit, left one unit. Looks like some really funky FOV. [Edited by - blad... 
Posted December 5, 2010 8:50:53 PM
Ray-tracing - Primitive Shape Distortions I should've mentioned that the w values for the Vec4 aren't being used here. I do need to go back and change that, anyways that's not the culprit with the bug. 
Posted December 5, 2010 7:30:48 PM
I love browser bars!!!!!1111111 Quote:Original post by Sirisian I've never installed any. I still find it odd how java asks if you want to install the yahoo one or something. So old school. *cough* I always loved this image: [snip] o_O I hope that's running on som... 
Posted December 5, 2010 6:06:46 PM
Ray-tracing - Primitive Shape Distortions I thought it might be helpful to show you the ray normals that are being generated Red color values for x, G for y. 
Posted December 5, 2010 6:02:29 PM
I'm struggling to create a good way to handle input... Well, in most of my projects I usually have a basic input class and within that I have a callback function and some arrays for the keys pressed as well as an array for the mouse buttons pressed. Basically, anytime there's a button pressed/unpresse... 
Posted January 25, 2008 9:04:16 AM
View All Replies Made By This User