Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know chaosgame...  
Full Name  
Nickname chaosgame 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1031  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/28/2004 9:13:14 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Programming Epigrams I just found these quotes. They are all so true. 
Posted March 3, 2006 9:13:44 PM
using gcc and gprof for windows I am using the MinGW GCC. How do I use gprof to profile my programs? I have looked for the comand line arguments online, but they do not seem to be supported in MinGW. I am unsure how I need to go about compiling the program 
Posted February 13, 2006 3:50:38 PM
casting pointers of derived classes I have a class in C++: class foo{ foo* next; Type type; }; and the derived class: class foo_child:public foo{ std::string something; } I create a pointer to foo and initialize it to new foo_child. Then I return it from the fun... 
Posted February 13, 2006 1:28:25 PM
My Sad Story Today in physics, I was doing my lab, when I accidentally erased something I needed. I immediately became distressed, because I was thinking "control-z, control-z" and nothing was happening. It took me a few seconds to realize why it wasn't working... 
Posted February 10, 2006 4:31:08 PM
GCC Compiler Error I am getting really odd errors when I try to compile my project. Namely an error after a token that doesnt exist, and an error that a function is not defined, when it is. Here is the code... main.cpp #include <iostream> #include "tokeniz... 
Posted January 29, 2006 4:41:04 PM
A Better Dictionary Why cant gamedev have a lookup feature like gettextbooks.com where multiple sites are searched. There are other good computing dictionary sites such as The Free Online Dictionary of Computing that should at least be linked along with the GameDev... 
Posted January 19, 2006 9:57:42 PM
inline assembly with GCC I am using GCC and I am trying to write a simple swap function using inline assembly but I cant seem to get the syntax correct. Right now the function reads: void ASMSwap(int& arg1, int& arg2){ asm{ movl _arg1, %eax //<-Line 60 mov... 
Posted January 15, 2006 6:08:10 PM
Function Templates I want a function to take a template parameter of a subclass of Token, create a variable of the inputed type, initialize it and then return it. The function looks like: template<Token T> Token cut(){ T newToken(someString); return T;... 
Posted January 7, 2006 10:44:38 PM
The C++ programming language I am a high school programmer with no income. Is there a major differance in content between versions 2 and 3 of Bjarne Stroustrup's The C++ Programming Language because theres a major difference in price. Thanks 
Posted December 27, 2005 10:37:10 PM
Gamedev Blocked My school blocked Gamedev, so I was wondering if there was some way to get around it. I can get to nehe.gamedev.net, but not the main site. It was automatically blocked under the catagory of 'Games'. It also blocks proxy sites. I was wondering if... 
Posted December 22, 2005 10:09:13 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GameDev member of the week (idea)... whoever is rated up the most in the past week becomes the member of the week 
Posted March 25, 2006 1:04:30 PM
Vector Math To find a vector from coordinates is easy. When you add the vectors using y=a*sin(dir) and x=a*cos(dir), you get a resultant x and y: length=square_root(x^2+y^2); dir=tan(y/x); Annother way of doing this is writing a function that adds two vect... 
Posted March 14, 2006 8:50:06 PM
Is Only Dating Your Race Racism? is only dating girls sexist? 
Posted March 13, 2006 9:56:14 PM
GoTo: is it really evil? I use GOTO every time I program my TI-83+ graphing calculator. The alternative is creating a new program for each subroutine which makes the program menu very messy. There are no built-in subroutines and functions. 
Posted March 10, 2006 8:11:13 PM
Bad Jokes I wrote this for my school paper, it was deemed innapropriate. GetHead(): The Wonderful World of ADTs As any programmer will tell you, Abstract Data Types or ADTs are the foundation of everything. ADTs store the data that a program uses. Some A... 
Posted March 9, 2006 10:19:00 PM
Returning char* Quote:Original post by SiCrane std::string::c_str() returns a pointer to memory owned by the string object. The string object takes care of deleting the memory when appropriate. Other functions may have different conventions. For example the strdup(... 
Posted February 14, 2006 9:11:20 PM
using gcc and gprof for windows Ok, I was able to get the compiler to create the file gmon.out. However when I try to run gprof, it says that the file isnt in the a.out format. I am using the following command:gprof gmon.outDo I need to add anything else? 
Posted February 14, 2006 8:48:33 PM
using gcc and gprof for windows I have tried this. I cannot compile with gcc outside of my code::blocks IDE because the compiler cannot find the #include directories. I have tried to enable the -pg option inside of code::blocks, but it seems to not activate it because no profilin... 
Posted February 14, 2006 4:56:49 PM
Book recommendations for high-level math refreshment? I use Mathworld.Wolfram.com. 
Posted February 13, 2006 5:27:33 PM
dev-c++ not opening Does it give you an error when you try to run it? If dev C++ doesnt work, try Code::Blocks. Its also free. 
Posted February 13, 2006 3:55:13 PM
View All Replies Made By This User