Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Shawn Myers...  
Full Name Clinton Myers
Nickname Shawn Myers 
State/Province, Country OH   United States
GD Gathering City Columbus, OH, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://enigmaticfish.blogspot.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/29/2009 6:50:17 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Didgery Hey guys. I'd like to proudly announce that our latest creation, a casual card/puzzler titled Didgery, has gone gold and is now available on Xbox Live Indie. Didgery was carefully crafted with an artistic vision in mind, and was created over the... 
Posted September 23, 2010 2:42:17 PM
Didgery Hey all, I’ve been working on a puzzle/card game for quite some time now. It is getting close to being finished, so I thought I would start a little bit of publicity amongst the ‘nerds’ before taking it hardcore with the ‘public’. Premise: A... 
Posted July 16, 2010 1:05:50 AM
What are multiple Vertex Streams used for? What are the practical uses of using multiple vertex streams? Does it reduce bandwidth to the GPU or something else entirely? I just don’t really understand what they can be used for. 
Posted May 30, 2010 4:16:04 PM
A faster alpha-blended particle method? I was reading on Christer Ericson’s blog that a performance increase may be had for heavy particle systems by rendering front to back with premultiplied alpha and using the stencil buffer to clip nearly solid pixels. Blog in question I’m a... 
Posted February 6, 2010 4:47:26 PM
Didgery Enjoy the teaser for my up and coming game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNr9fwHdMm4 
Posted November 2, 2009 7:08:48 PM
Implementing a float based Radix Sort in C# I’ve recently set myself on the task of creating a Radix Sort for use in XNA/C#. So far it has been a pretty pleasant and rewarding venture, but I’ve finally hit a snag. I can’t figure out how to correctly sort floating point values in C#. I’ve... 
Posted July 9, 2009 10:03:06 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Didgery Oops! It's fixed now, thanks for letting me know :) 
Posted September 23, 2010 10:08:33 PM
[XNA] Creating multiple textures from the same File Kunos is right, the performance of your solution is very poor. Using GetData and SetData are very slow operations (I hope this isn't running every frame?) Are you drawing your game as 2D or 3D? If you are drawing as 2D than you could just use the... 
Posted August 5, 2010 5:44:43 AM
Didgery Thanks for the compliments Drillfoot! 
Posted July 19, 2010 2:46:25 AM
Didgery Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Any feedback on the site/screens/trailer is all welcome if any of you guys feel like it. 
Posted July 18, 2010 1:14:39 PM
What are multiple Vertex Streams used for? Thanks marcjulian, your description made the concept 'click' in my head. So basically, one of their uses could be to reduce duplicate data sent per vertex, by splitting the data into two or more streams? 
Posted May 31, 2010 2:26:22 PM
What are multiple Vertex Streams used for? Thanks guys! I've seen it around several times and always wondered what sort of benefit or purpose it had. Now I need to go dig into instancing :D 
Posted May 30, 2010 11:20:03 PM
A faster alpha-blended particle method? Yeah, I'm doing the premul equation at the end of my pixel shader (finalColor.rgb *= finalColor.a). Is that a bad idea? Thanks MJP, changing the state from Less to Greater got it working, but I got no speed boost :( I'm sure I'm fillrate limit... 
Posted February 7, 2010 9:42:16 AM
A faster alpha-blended particle method? Thank you for the reply MJP. I did what you suggested, but for some reason nothing is rendering. Here are my states (XNA): RenderState rs = Game.GraphicsDevice.RenderState; rs.PointSpriteEnable = true; rs.AlphaBlend... 
Posted February 6, 2010 8:35:52 PM
Didgery It's coming, just getting everything a bit more polished (: 
Posted November 2, 2009 7:30:37 PM
Implementing a float based Radix Sort in C# Thanks Nypyren, using an unsafe code block got the radix working. I tried using the BitConverter as well, and, while it does function, it’s a bit too much on the slow side compared to pointers to really use. Thanks for the help guys. 
Posted July 11, 2009 12:48:55 PM
View All Replies Made By This User