Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know pinknation...  
Full Name  
Nickname pinknation 
State/Province, Country FL   United States
GD Gathering City Lundy, FL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL pinktofu.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/19/2007 12:25:36 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Nimbus Nimbus Copyright © 2010 UnityFx. All Rights Reserved. This is a little cloud system I'm working on in Unity3D, using the Indie(free) license.. It's been difficult to do considering a lot of the features one would use to improve & optim... 
Posted July 5, 2010 11:13:45 AM
GLSL Problems... Vertex Shader: // wave functions /////////////////////// struct Wave { float freq; // 2*PI / wavelength float amp; // amplitude float phase; // speed * 2*PI / wavelength vec2 dir; }; #define NWAVES 2 Wave wave[NWAVES] = { {... 
Posted January 26, 2010 8:27:14 PM
NN-Search Problems for Fluid Dynamics / Collision Hi there, I've been writing a "Particle Based Hydrodynamics" engine, in C++ using SSE for optimization.. SSE increased the speed a lot, but in the end things began to slow down do to O(N^N-1) collision detection, so I've decided to implement the kd-t... 
Posted October 9, 2009 12:33:35 AM
Optimized Collision Detection & Physics Hi, my simulation is slowing down @ 200 particles, this mainly was because of the collision detection at first, where every particle, checked for collision against every other particle, meaning 200 * 199 iterations were processed each frame(along sid... 
Posted August 17, 2009 10:54:21 PM
SDL/OpenGL Texture Distortion [ bug * ] I know that OpenGL prefers image that are a power of 2 in size, though none of the images are, they seem to be loaded, and rendered appropriately. The button texture, would be the one causing the problem. You can see for yourself in the scree... 
Posted April 1, 2009 2:25:43 PM
SDL GUI optimizations Curious questions.. I am interested in optimizing my GUI, not that it's slow, I get 60 frames per second(which I've got it manually capping @ 60fps.. to avoid consuming a lot of CPU); Currently I do not have much done with my GUI except dragging and dropping, but I'... 
Posted March 11, 2009 5:03:37 AM
SDL_Image related issues I am loading a bitmap from memory.. it seems to have 1 BytePerPixel, which I assume is referencing to some palette. If I were to save the file, and view it in Photoshop/Misc Image Viewing tools, it would appear fine(with color); however because it is... 
Posted March 8, 2009 1:53:34 AM
SDL & OpenGL: Ergent, please help! I am attempting to load a texture, and bind it to a quad. I am getting absolutely no compile errors. Though, when I try to run the api, I am getting a 'memory access violation error' on line 182, ie: 'SDL_GL_SwapBuffers();' http://pastebin.co... 
Posted October 12, 2008 9:22:46 AM
2D Color Interpolation I am currently trying to figure out how to interpolate between colors; I have read the Wikipedia page on Linear Interpolation, and learned how to draw lines.. Though, this of course hasn't helped me much. Doesn't seem to work to well with col... 
Posted May 24, 2008 2:49:59 AM
2D Graph to Isometric Projection I am currently trying to build an isometric map from information of a 2D array, ie X,Y I know a few methods for dual overlapping, though atm... I am really concerned about just getting the basic equation for X,Y based on Tile Width, Height, to s... 
Posted May 14, 2007 11:27:45 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Nimbus Anyone interested in purchasing this script, it is priced at $45 for the indie license, which means we expect some sort of credit, displayed somewhere within the project using it. You can purchase it, although it is intended for Unity3D, but simpl... 
Posted July 7, 2010 7:13:43 PM
GLSL Problems... I am using glGetUniformLocation(); This is the exact code I'm using as far as my shaders go; int filehash(char* fname) { unsigned int hash = 0; while(*fname) { hash = ((hash<<1) + (hash>>7)*9 + (unsigned int)tolower((unsigned... 
Posted January 27, 2010 7:06:25 PM
Optimized Collision Detection & Physics thanks again Flounder. <3 not 100% sure why I did that.. think I'm done w/ help for now, unless anyone can explain how to solve the collision issue.. 
Posted August 18, 2009 6:09:49 PM
Optimized Collision Detection & Physics It's all good, thanks.. I'm just having issues now with particles colliding with one another, after the collision tests have completed. :[ I've been reading up on more collision detection & response, though I'm not understanding how to reso... 
Posted August 18, 2009 4:03:22 PM
Optimized Collision Detection & Physics yeah, understandable, I went ahead and listened to you guys: void BroadPhaseCollision() { grid->Refresh(particles, particles_length); for(int i = 0; i < grid->Width * grid->Height; ++i) { for(unsigned int j = 0; j < gr... 
Posted August 18, 2009 3:15:40 PM
Optimized Collision Detection & Physics it shouldn't matter if I swept through cells, or particles.. because either way I'd loop through each particle, adding the cell loop, would simply add an extra loop. Edit: Would AABB method of collision detection be better? Currently I am using a... 
Posted August 18, 2009 11:54:54 AM
Optimized Collision Detection & Physics @Flounder, thanks! I've resolved that, actually a noticeable speed-boost! Thanks, much! @Felix, you're right... that is exactly why! That's why I've included the collision detection, to avoid them becoming super close, however, during the Collisio... 
Posted August 18, 2009 3:46:33 AM
Optimized Collision Detection & Physics @Flounder, thanks! I've resolved that, actually a noticeable speed-boost! Thanks, much! @Felix, you're right... that is exactly why! That's why I've included the collision detection, to avoid them becoming super close, however, during the Collisio... 
Posted August 18, 2009 3:45:06 AM
Optimized Collision Detection & Physics uhm, Felix, your optimizations only made things buggy.. >.> @flounder: thanks, uhm, about the multiplying by .5f, that was just a quick way for me to add friction, so nevermind that :P; as for what you said about the sqrt thing.. tha... 
Posted August 18, 2009 12:20:46 AM
SDL/OpenGL Texture Distortion [ bug * ] Interesting suggestion, though I've checked, and they all seem to match accordingly. :) That's along the lines of what I'm thinking is causing the problem. :P The images are loaded from memory like this: Texture2D::Texture2D(void* buffer, int s... 
Posted April 1, 2009 3:40:47 PM
View All Replies Made By This User