Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dali...  
Full Name  
Nickname dali 
State/Province, Country Vorarlberg   Austria
GD Gathering City Bregenz, Vorarlberg, Austria
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1063  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/15/2005 11:47:55 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Lost Emotions Hello! I have finally created the first chapter of my game Lost Emotions. Lost Emotions is about discovering, experiencing and exploring deep emotions and feelings by interacting with unique, fantastic, lovely animals with very unique character an... 
Posted October 24, 2010 2:54:04 PM
HLSL Output Semantics Color4 Hello! I have a problem using with a hlsl shader. If i write struct PS_OUTPUT { float4 color0 : COLOR0; float4 color1 : COLOR1; float4 color2 : COLOR2; float4 color3 : COLOR3; }; the shader works fine. But if i add a COLOR4 the sh... 
Posted April 1, 2010 10:29:29 AM
Using ODE? Hi guys! I am currently thinking about using the Open Dynamics Engine in my game which will use physics lot. Normally I try to stay away from 3rd party products as much as I can but i had to integrated ODE into my engine for a university project a... 
Posted June 25, 2009 9:06:28 AM
Threading - Access simple variable in c++ Hello! Do i need to lock access to a simple int or float if i have two threads one thread is readind and writing and the other thread is only reading the variable? I have written a simple test and it seems to work with ints and floats. O... 
Posted August 21, 2008 1:24:41 PM
C++ Pipe Hello! I have many threads which create tasks and send these tasks to a pipe. My question is how to efficiently create this pipe that no lock occurs when more threads simultaneusly add a task. Should the threads assemble more tasks and send this b... 
Posted August 23, 2008 2:00:35 PM
Terrain Hi! I have been working on my game engine for quite some time now maybe one year or so. It is written in C++ and uses DirectX. My problem is that I only have an antique ATI Radion 7000 so I cant use any shaders and not really many t... 
Posted April 25, 2006 11:21:16 PM
Replacing Windows Desktop Hello! I have written a directx application and now i wanted to replace the windows desktop with this program. I use WindowsXP. How could i do this? Thank you a lot! 
Posted December 9, 2007 9:07:51 AM
Image Sculpturer Hello! I have been working on this program for nearly one year now. I use my own 3d engine, it is written in C++ and uses DirectX. Image Sculpturer is a new application for creating 3d objects from ordinary 2d images. The main differe... 
Posted October 15, 2007 12:32:56 AM
Get icon of file? Hello! I have a strange problem. I just want to read the icon of a file but somehow it does not give me the pixels of the icon. Everything else works fine I can even draw the icon... What could be the problem? SHFILEINFOA sfi; SHGetFileInfoA... 
Posted November 21, 2007 10:46:05 AM
Image Sculpturer v1.0 Released Image Sculpturer v1.0 ReleasedPosted by: Sturning Software at October 14, 2007 8:52:54 PMImage Sculpturer is a new application for creating 3d objects from ordinary 2d images. The main difference to other image based modeling tools is that Image... 
Posted October 14, 2007 2:52:54 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Lost Emotions Thank you all veryvery much! Quote:Original post by swiftcoder Quote:Original post by swiftcoder That looks absolutely fantastic! I would be interested to find out how you go about rendering the breaking waves along the shoreline - they look inc... 
Posted November 7, 2010 7:13:11 AM
Lost Emotions Thank you! I am making the bluring as minimal as possible that the gameplay is not affected. The painting strokes should just add mood. I have not known Trespasser but it looks like a cool game :) 
Posted October 25, 2010 7:58:55 PM
HLSL Output Semantics Color4 Ok thank you problem solved! :) NumSimultaneousRTs: 4... 
Posted April 1, 2010 10:42:04 AM
Threading - Access simple variable in c++ Thank you a lot! 
Posted August 28, 2008 5:46:02 PM
Threading - Access simple variable in c++ Thank you for your good answer! Another question. Do I need to use locks if threads only read variables? 
Posted August 28, 2008 5:33:20 PM
C++ Pipe Thank you all very much! 
Posted August 24, 2008 8:53:02 AM
Replacing Windows Desktop Thank you very much for the very informative posts! I just want to play around with some new desktop ideas. I think instead of replacing the shell etc I will just overdraw the desktop with a fullscreen window which is always on the background. B... 
Posted December 10, 2007 8:54:15 PM
Replacing Windows Desktop Another question. Were it also possible to only replace the desktop not the whole shell with the taskbar? Thank you a lot! 
Posted December 10, 2007 9:13:42 AM
Replacing Windows Desktop @shotgunnutter: Thank you a lot! This is what i wanted! @ Trenki: Thank you for the tipp but i really want to replace the desktop not just overdraw it. Normally the program works fine but if I make it as you suggested the program crashes. What c... 
Posted December 9, 2007 3:29:26 PM
Get icon of file? But in the BITMAP struct you have the value bmBits which is normally pointing to pixels. For example with bitmaps GetObject works but with Icons the bmBits point to nothing... But thank you a lot I will check out GetDIBits. 
Posted November 21, 2007 4:03:57 PM
View All Replies Made By This User