Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know LordSkeletor...  
Full Name  
Nickname LordSkeletor 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.lordskeletor.de 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/11/2003 4:25:59 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Abutroid Abutroid is my current project which I'm going to use for application at Games Academy in Germany. Abutroid will be 
Posted April 5, 2007 10:13:21 PM
Buschfunk 112 Hello all, today I'd like to introduce my current student project. I've been developing it for 4 months, together with my team. In the whole we are one producer, two coders, two artists and two sound designers. In our game "Buschfunk 112"... 
Posted February 14, 2008 11:10:36 AM
.X-Animation looks different from 3ds Max 8 Hello all, in 3ds Max 8 I created a skinned mesh with some animation. After adjusting the bipeds envelopes etc. the animation finally looks nice and smooth in the studio. So I exported it with "Pandasoft's DirectX Exporter 4.8.63.0" for final us... 
Posted March 28, 2007 11:42:17 AM
"Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Texture not created with this device. SetTexture failed." Hi community, I've got a problem with skinned meshes on Managed DirectX 9.0c SDK Feb 07. Whenever I try drawing a skinned mesh I get the following D3D error: Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Texture not created with this device. SetTexture failed. ... 
Posted March 27, 2007 7:05:22 AM
Handling multiple instances of the same mesh Hi all, I am using meshes in my application by loading them with Mesh.LoadHierarchyFromFile(...) This loads the whole mesh with all its bones, skin and animation, which works all fine. My problem is, that I often need many (10-200) instance... 
Posted January 18, 2007 5:29:46 PM
OpenRT: Calling .so from Managed C++ Hi all, what I am trying to do is using the OpenRT Raytracer with Managed C++. OpenRT does not provide an interface to .NET, so I need to import the functions manually. What I expected was that OpenRT provides me with .lib- or .dll-files th... 
Posted December 2, 2006 4:17:57 AM
Tiled textures in Direct3D 9. How? Hi there! I’m currently trying to get my old OpenGl-based NES-Emulation running on DirectX 9. What I previously did was copying all my tiles (of what NES games consist) on an OpenGl texture and putting this texture on a 3d... 
Posted March 31, 2003 9:38:51 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Knights OMG, I love that game :D The world needs more of those! 
Posted February 27, 2010 9:41:20 AM
Buschfunk 112 Quote:Original post by Marmin It's a nice simple game. However, you haven't provided an uninstaller for it. I had to do it manually . Hi, you can always uninstall software by use of Start\Settings\Control Panel\Software cu  
Posted February 24, 2008 9:47:42 AM
Buschfunk 112 Hello A-E, thank you so much for your report! That's a real neckbreaker. The game will in fact be sent to the GDC in San Francisco early tomorrow. This gives me just enough time to clean out the file names, rebuild the setup, burn another "gold"... 
Posted February 14, 2008 8:38:19 PM
Abutroid Yes indeed, it's Mr. Biped ;D After having serious trouble getting vertex blending to run properly (see my posts on DirectX-board) I worked around by only using the biped for my application. The true main character will be in as soon as I... 
Posted April 7, 2007 6:59:45 AM
.X-Animation looks different from 3ds Max 8 Indeed, it was! So'n Mist..! Uploaded it again, help yourself!  
Posted March 29, 2007 7:26:23 AM
.X-Animation looks different from 3ds Max 8 Thanks for your help, guys. dgreen02, if you found those screenshots it would be very much appreciated! If you want to have a look at my files, get them at http://www.lordskeletor.de/gamedev/musclechar.zip The mesh is one I found in a... 
Posted March 28, 2007 6:48:55 PM
.X-Animation looks different from 3ds Max 8 Thanks Stowelly! Well, my mesh isn't that complex and I checked the number of influences which is returned by my call to ConvertToIndexedBlendedMesh(,,,,out influences,). None of my containers exceed 4 influences. But - another fact just "pop... 
Posted March 28, 2007 5:18:11 PM
.X-Animation looks different from 3ds Max 8 Hi xissburg, you mentioned a vertex shader, doesn't DirectX support skinned meshes without use of vertex shaders? I don't use a shader, might that be the problem? Why does tiny.x work, if so? Greets 
Posted March 28, 2007 3:44:37 PM
"Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Texture not created with this device. SetTexture failed." SOLVED! I finally found the spot where the texture actually disposes: This part within my earlier posted Allocator snippet does the bad thing: ... // Use ConvertToBlendedMesh to generate a drawable mesh ... data.Mesh = mesh.SkinInformatio... 
Posted March 27, 2007 9:04:17 AM
"Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Texture not created with this device. SetTexture failed." Hi jpetrie, thanks for your answer. I'm only using one single device. The texture is allocated by my custom Allocator class: /// <summary>Create a new mesh container</summary> public override MeshContainer CreateMeshCo... 
Posted March 27, 2007 8:26:09 AM
View All Replies Made By This User