Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Metorical...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname Metorical 
State/Province, Country Greater London   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Consultant 
Job Description Technology Consultant for Leading Financial Software Company 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1302  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/1/2002 1:49:45 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/metorical/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
C# Designer Serialization problem Hi All, I've been building some new .NET components and their associated designers and have ran in to some problems with serialization. Unfortunately after extensive googling I haven't been able to find an answer. I've reduced the code to the... 
Posted March 2, 2009 10:41:36 AM
Dwarf Fortress roll call So who's currently playing Dwarf Fortress and what are they up to? I'm spending most of my time on: 1. Trying to generate interesting worlds so that I can... 2. Find interesting embark locations with waterfalls and cliffs. 3. Creating lots... 
Posted November 13, 2008 8:28:04 AM
Viral Memes I've noticed, across a number of websites, an increasing uses of the memes that are prevalent on Slashdot. I think these help to define a forums personality/culture. The more popular ones seem to spread to other websites. This week I... 
Posted June 5, 2008 7:27:23 AM
Eclipse Project set-up Hi, Perhaps someone can help me set-up my Eclipse workspace. I have: 1. Multiple jar files coresponding to different product versions of an API. 2. One source folder containing source code that I cannot change. 3. One folder of con... 
Posted June 5, 2008 9:34:18 AM
Do different programming languages suit different sexes? I work with a range of languages at work but the one that I can't stand is SQL. Interestingly I've noticed that there's a lot more women doing SQL than men and it made me wonder if different languages suit different sexes better? To me when... 
Posted May 29, 2008 6:19:47 AM
IRC Clients Could anyone recommend a good free IRC client? I've recently picked up a new computer and I've been trying out new software on it rather than installing the same old programs as I've grown accustomed to. So far: Zone-alarm --> Comodo Nor... 
Posted May 27, 2008 4:12:36 PM
Block get focus calls Hi, I'd like to write a mini application that stops applications from grabbing focus. The plan is to monitor the windows message pump and then either kick out these messages somehow or immediately post another message to return focus to the curre... 
Posted May 23, 2008 9:18:27 AM
Creating a knowledgebase Hi, In my work I implement software on top of a standard framework. I'd like to build up a knowledgebase that contains howtos, important information, code snippets etc much like the MSDN. Can anyone suggest a good way of organising this?... 
Posted May 16, 2008 11:07:19 AM
How to introduce Internet friends? Has anyone else noticed the social stigmata of making real life friends over the internet? A few months ago I invited someone to my house warming party that I knew through IRC. I'd met them before out clubbing so knew they weren't a total nutcase... 
Posted May 9, 2008 11:15:43 AM
Home - the place where I do nothing Like so many people experience at some point in their lives, I've been suffering a lack of motivation recently. What's strange though is that it only affects me when I'm at home! In work, out drinking or at a friend's house I can think of a... 
Posted May 6, 2008 9:13:11 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
C# Designer Serialization problem Sorry to do this but I need to ressurect my old question. It seems that randomly, when I build my code, the serialization for some object will stop working. I can fix it everytime just by restarting VS but this is getting to be quite painful. Th... 
Posted March 3, 2009 4:33:32 AM
C# Designer Serialization problem Hi All, I've solved this problem, turns out it was a bug in Visual Studio and after hunting for a solution for 4 hours it was fixed by restarting VS! Oh how I long for Eclipse. Cheers, Meto 
Posted March 2, 2009 1:02:42 PM
Sitting Places Website - Feedback I like the design and it seems like a great concept. I don't think the search is working yet though e.g. I tried typing in "city" and I'm from the UK so that means City of London 99% of the time, I ended up with some result in Redmond. 
Posted February 17, 2009 9:19:30 AM
"Victory" function. Your opinion wanted. If this was an xkcd.com strip then it would be profound. I think there's merit in your concept of a victory equation but I don't think it's something you could actually create. It's in the same vein as a function such as: public String get... 
Posted July 11, 2008 8:01:33 AM
Dear Scottish Friends Yeah equally I found when visiting New York that it was impossible to get good quality food even if you were paying top dollar. Wasn't hard to get quantity though. Not trolling here but this is my genuine observation from staying for a week. Fact. 
Posted June 20, 2008 11:44:43 AM
At last! Something the British are good at! We're already the masters of sarcasm ;) Shame not many people get it though. 
Posted June 20, 2008 6:52:39 AM
UEFA Euro Cup 2008 Italy are doing rubbish... Holland or Germany ftw. 
Posted June 20, 2008 6:50:39 AM
UEFA Euro Cup 2008 Holland! 
Posted June 17, 2008 5:06:52 PM
The Red Team always triumphs! I remember people saying this when the TFC Lan party demo was out. The result? All the best players rush to be on red and hence red always won. 
Posted June 15, 2008 4:14:06 PM
Played Battlezone? Isn't there a Scientologist movie by the same name starring John Travolta? O_o 
Posted June 15, 2008 8:36:54 AM
View All Replies Made By This User