Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know PunaProgrammer chris...  
Full Name Chris 
Nickname PunaProgrammer chris 
State/Province, Country HI   United States
GD Gathering City Keaau, HI, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1033  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/6/2005 10:25:54 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
C# pass array elements by reference I am trying to figure out how to pass an element of an array in C# by reference. As a simplified example I am looking to do something like this: static void Main(string[] args) { List<int> myList = new List<int>(); myList.Ad... 
Posted June 30, 2009 3:07:45 PM
MSVC 2005 Physics Library Linker Error While following the very simple tutorial for PAL (Physics Abstraction Layer) found here I found myself unable to build my project, getting the strange linker error: Quote: fatal error C1047: The object or library file 'Z:\Code\lib\libpal.lib' was c... 
Posted November 27, 2007 3:23:10 PM
3D Model Rotations My friend and I are working on a game (in C++), and I am currently making a "GameObject" class. The game object has an oriented bounding-box, an MD2, and some other stuff. I have pretty much everything integrated into the class except the MD2, w... 
Posted July 27, 2006 9:07:09 PM
Checking if a point is on a line in 3D space Hi. I would like to know how to check if a point (which is represnted by a Vector containing the x, y, and z coordiantes) is directly between two other points in 3D space. Google doesn't seem to be coming up with any real helpful results, and I know... 
Posted July 1, 2006 10:31:11 PM
Roatating a 3d box Edit 2: If you haven't read any of this thread yet, you should just skip all the posts (including this one) until the 6th reply. Read that one. Edit: Oh yeah, my source code example is in C++ . Keep in mind as you read this that I am conf... 
Posted June 27, 2006 7:05:21 AM
RakNet : Please Explain Okay, I'm trying to figure out how to use RakNet, but the documentation is not so good, IMO. Question 1: In all of the examples where I see bitstreams used, the variables are "encoded" seperatley. Could you just write an entire object to a bitstre... 
Posted June 10, 2006 6:21:44 PM
3D Camera Rotation I recentley whippped up a first person style camera class, lightly based off of other various 3D cameras online. However, it doesn't really work all that well. There is one line in specific that I think is causing the problem, which is... 
Posted June 19, 2006 8:26:05 PM
Number of bytes in an object (C++) I'm trying to figure out how I can check the amount of bytes in an object. Since the object is of a templated class, I cannot just use the sizeof operator on the class. Here is the function where I am trying to do this: template <class Cl... 
Posted June 16, 2006 2:16:46 AM
Casting from templated class to char* (C++) Is this possible? When I try, I get the errror: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'IdentifiedPacket<Class>' to 'char *' If it is possible, then I will post source code to try to narrow the problem, otherwise, I have to completly re-code som... 
Posted June 17, 2006 6:51:31 AM
Linker Error: Unresolved External Symbol I get a linker error when I try to compile my program. Here is the revelant code: From Network.h: class Client { public: template <class Class> void SendPacket(Class object, unsigned char packetID, int packetStream); //other... 
Posted June 17, 2006 6:32:42 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
C# pass array elements by reference Quote:Original post by dmatter That's possible (imagine passing the Count property of the list to your function - would you seriously expect to be able to modify the count that way?). In this case however the indexer (which is really just a special... 
Posted July 1, 2009 1:55:58 PM
C# pass array elements by reference Quote:Original post by Telastyn Quote:Original post by PunaProgrammer chris Also, after doing a bit more searching about C#, it appears that there is no way to pass objects as a read only reference (const & in C++). Doing this is useful for pa... 
Posted June 30, 2009 5:01:38 PM
help!!!! I would recommend that you don't make separate posts minutes apart when their topics are so similar. On a more helpful note, check this out if you haven't already. Also, google is your friend. 
Posted June 30, 2009 4:28:11 PM
C# pass array elements by reference Okay, I think I get it now. When I am trying to pass the element of the list by reference, I am not passing the actual element, but rather the thing returned by the getter for that element, so trying to do this doesn't make much sense. Right? Also... 
Posted June 30, 2009 4:18:08 PM
Open a window without winmain Another alternative for creating a window with out having to use the Windows API is SDL. There are a several tutorials you can find on that site, as well as lots of documentation including a wiki. I haven't used it myself in a while, but I remem... 
Posted June 30, 2009 3:37:24 PM
Good Way to Store Game Objects My best guess is that you are still trying to draw soldier after inserting it into the vector and moving it, when you should be trying to draw unitVec[0]. 
Posted June 30, 2009 3:28:21 PM
MSVC 2005 Physics Library Linker Error Alright thanks. Needing to compile it is kind of lame, especially since it says it is already for MSVC 8 (which I think is 2005 version). 
Posted November 27, 2007 3:58:02 PM
Ok, I'm ashamed after making a STUPID mistake... Wow, I can't believe so many people made that same mistake. I guess thats why everyone is switching over to the 20 + 4 pin connector. 
Posted August 15, 2006 12:45:54 AM
Spider-Man 3 footage at Comic Con Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes Quote:Original post by SirSmokey Quote:Original post by deavik Topher Grace looks *awesome* as Brock, BTW Are you kidding? He's the last person to who should play Eddie Brook. He's suppose to be gigantic e... 
Posted August 15, 2006 12:41:33 AM
What's the big deal about consoles? Alot of the reasons here are not real reasons (it's really not hard to set up a network for LAN games if you have a switch/router and your computer works correctly, it's pretty much just plug n' play for most games) but there are a few good reasons,... 
Posted August 15, 2006 12:37:13 AM
View All Replies Made By This User