Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Kaze...  
Full Name  
Nickname Kaze 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1337  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/16/2004 2:58:28 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
CentOs remote desktop help I have a server running CentOs thats hosted remotely so I would like to be able to connect with a remote desktop from a windows machine, right now I can only use a ssh console. I used [yum groupinstall "X Window System" "GNOME Desktop Environmen... 
Posted July 12, 2010 1:03:27 PM
XNA Model reseting BasicEffect matrix When I grab a model multiple times from the content manager it seems to return the exact same model including the same BasicEffect class. This means that if I take two copys from the content manager and alter BasicEffect settings both will be affecte... 
Posted February 7, 2010 6:07:50 PM
Improving flash draw speed? So I knew the draw speed of flash vector shapes wasn't very good but I didn't know it was this bad. Does anyone have any tips for how to get better performance out of a flash game without recoding it from scratch. The worst part is that it seems to h... 
Posted January 25, 2010 5:18:45 PM
Flash/AS3 compile speed Is their any way to improve the compile time for Flash/AS3, specifically it seems like it doesn't cache any compiled code even if you put it all in classes in external .as files. As the amount of code grows the compile times keeps increasing even if... 
Posted January 11, 2010 12:34:59 PM
Fog of war in 3D What are some good ways to implement a fog of war in 3D, or more specifically to be able to define regions in 3d space to either draw differently or not at all. I was thinking something like the stencil buffer but able to take depth values into accou... 
Posted January 6, 2010 1:53:18 PM
Physics based character movment Does anyone have a sample algorithm or tutorial for how much force to apply to a physics body in one axis to make it move given a desired velocity along said axis and a maximum force to apply to achieve said velocity. Its for a 2d platformer a... 
Posted November 25, 2009 5:47:19 PM
iPhone error, Failed to launch simulated application: Unknown error. Anybody know what this means, it seems to pop up randomly. I already googled it but can't find any strait answers. 
Posted July 10, 2009 2:06:35 PM
getting a list of movieclip constructors in actionscript 3 In actionscript 3 is their anyway I can get a list of constructors for all movie clips exported to actionscript 
Posted April 14, 2009 12:44:13 PM
XNA matrix or quanterion from 2 vector3's Basically I have a starting position and a target and want to create a line(that's actually a cylindrical mesh) connecting the two. I need some way to take a direction vector and turn it into a rotation matrix or quaternion. So far its been fairly fr... 
Posted February 18, 2009 6:06:23 PM
Two XNA content manager questions 1: Can I use it to load generic text, binary or xml files? 2: Can I save back to it or otherwise edit its contents without recompiling? 
Posted February 15, 2009 11:34:37 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Programming changed? Forever? Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care Quote:Original post by Kaze Couldn't memristors be used to create a artificial neural network that would rival the complexity of the human brain? They seem very well suited since they could calculate floating po... 
Posted January 5, 2011 7:30:30 PM
Programming changed? Forever? Couldn't memristors be used to create a artificial neural network that would rival the complexity of the human brain? They seem very well suited since they could calculate floating point values using variable current in real time instead of binary ca... 
Posted January 5, 2011 6:52:50 PM
Can the C# keyword 'this' affect performance? Quote:Original post by lougv22 Can it make the program run slower? Slow as oppose to what? If you take all the code out of your application it will run faster. 
Posted January 2, 2011 9:49:24 PM
Why did Microsoft release Kinect only for Video Games? Quote:Original post by SteveDeFacto Quote:Original post by Plasmana There's no better mass market than the games industry to push the limits of hardware. I expect to see Kinect (or it's spinoffs) in other markets in the near future. I personally... 
Posted December 26, 2010 1:40:53 AM
Why did Microsoft release Kinect only for Video Games? I have already seen some videos of kinect being used with the hacked drivers as a surprisingly effective motion capture system. 
Posted December 23, 2010 1:10:04 PM
Technology, intelligence, and unemployment The only other possibility I see is a transhumanist future where humans can compete with machines by becoming bioengineered cybernetic supermen. 
Posted December 20, 2010 7:41:50 PM
native americans... would they have ever advanced to tech? Quote:Original post by Grimunlock Quote:Original post by GMuser Europe didn't advance on it's own, it was a combination of Europe, Asia and Africa that got us where we are (for the most part). right, but the combined Americas are big. reall... 
Posted December 12, 2010 11:39:26 PM
native americans... would they have ever advanced to tech? watch this: Guns Germs and Steel 
Posted December 12, 2010 11:22:00 PM
Marijuana legalization... Quote:Original post by alnite I am against marijuana legalization. I have nothing against pot, or smoking pot. What I am against is government bureaucracy and spending. We need smaller government. Pretty sure the current situation with pot also r... 
Posted December 3, 2010 1:28:46 AM
Marijuana legalization... I'm for legalization because: 1: Drug prohibition is expensive and I feel the money would do society more good if funneled into medicine and anti-poverty measures. 2: Drug prohibition doesn't seem like it benefits anyone except organized crime 3... 
Posted December 2, 2010 3:15:28 PM
View All Replies Made By This User