Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know BoSoft...  
Full Name  
Nickname BoSoft 
State/Province, Country Hessen   Germany
GD Gathering City Altheim, Hessen, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.bonzaisoftware.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/18/2005 12:29:31 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
OctaCore Game OctaCore is a fun game which combines proven elements from Match-3, Puzzle and Logic games with new ideas for a new kind of gameplay. Help a scientist to find a new medicine by collecting bacteria. Create groups of three or more bacteria of the same... 
Posted October 4, 2010 5:16:28 PM
Image Based Lighting using Deferred Shading Hello, this is my latest demo, it shows real time high dynamic range image based lighting using deferred shading. The environment is approximated by 64 directional light sources, which are extracted from an HDR environment map using Paul Debevec'... 
Posted January 3, 2010 7:38:13 PM
The Garden OpenGL Demo Hello GameDev.net Community! I just released my latest OpenGL demo: The Garden. Description: This demo shows a garden scene with a depth-of-field effect for the camera, trees and grass, water, lighting and shadows and an animated sykbox. For... 
Posted January 1, 2007 1:56:14 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
OctaCore Game Thanks, the engine was custom-build, almost everything was written from scratch. The game was written in C/C++, OpenGL is used for rendering and OpenAL for the sound/music. OctaCore on IndieDB/ModDB OctaCore on GreatGamesExperiment 
Posted October 7, 2010 7:07:18 AM
Image Based Lighting using Deferred Shading Quote:Original post by Viik My first thought about 64 shadow maps was like - it should be really slow, but it's damn fast. How did you achive such performance with so much render to texture? Basically your whole scene is rasterized 68 times or so. I... 
Posted January 8, 2010 3:06:05 PM
Image Based Lighting using Deferred Shading Quote:Original post by mokaschitta that looks really great! Couldnt you use only one shadow map (and reuse it for each light) though and accumulate the shading results in another rendertarget? 64 seems te be way too much for practical use.... 
Posted January 6, 2010 2:26:12 PM
Image Based Lighting using Deferred Shading Quote:Original post by nicmenz great work and it looks very nice! do you have to create 64 render targets in the memory? how do you accumulate the shadowed results in the final pass (to achieve a soft shadow look). nick Thanks! Yes, I create... 
Posted January 5, 2010 11:34:58 AM
The Garden OpenGL Demo Quote:Original post by V-man This is a 1.5 year old thread But I'm still reading the comments : ) So if anyone has anything to criticize, let me know.  
Posted May 6, 2008 3:12:40 PM
How do you know if your game code is bad design or not??? "Software metrics" can tell you how well designed your code is. There are a lot of metrics, but not all of them are useful. Unfortunately I don't know of any free tools to measure them. 
Posted January 7, 2007 2:26:54 PM
The Garden OpenGL Demo Quote:Original post by Schrompf No light here, everything has the same brightness. WinXP, Geforce7800 GT, present Forceware drivers. And to be honest: the Depth Of Field looks crappy. Took me a while to figure out that it focuses on the point u... 
Posted January 4, 2007 3:59:00 PM
The Garden OpenGL Demo Quote:Original post by delta user I'm having some problems. *** Source Snippet Removed *** I have a GeForce 7800 GS and ForceWare 91.31 Please try downloading the fix again, I think I found the error. Latest ForceWare version is 93.71 btw. ... 
Posted January 3, 2007 5:15:19 PM
The Garden OpenGL Demo Thanks for the comments! Quote:Original post by Dom_152 Looks nice but I only get 1 FPS at 800 x 600. My card is a Radeon 9800 SE Overclocked to Radeon 9800 Pro power. Sounds like shaders falling back to software mode. As Ezbez said, try... 
Posted January 3, 2007 4:55:54 PM
The Garden OpenGL Demo Sorry, omega drivers aren't supported since I can't test them. However, you can try to download the fix again and see if anything has changed. Any GeForce users here having problems running this demo?  
Posted January 2, 2007 11:05:24 AM
View All Replies Made By This User