Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ukdeveloper...  
Full Name  
Nickname ukdeveloper 
State/Province, Country City of Edinburgh   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1108  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/6/2004 8:06:45 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Monitoring changes in ArrayList Hi folks, Is it possible to monitor an ArrayList to determine whether an item has been added or removed, using some kind of PropertyChangeListener, Observable or some other event handler? I am using a Java graphics library and need to be able to... 
Posted February 28, 2010 8:43:20 PM
SVN support in Eclipse Galileo Hi folks, Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I am tearing out clumps of my hair right now. Essentially, I'm trying to get SVN support from within Eclipse Galileo so that I can connect to an offsite SVN server. The problem is, no... 
Posted January 17, 2010 6:42:25 PM
[SOLVED] Evenly spacing groups of GL_QUADS around edge of gluDisk Hi folks, I'm working on something in OpenGL as part of one of my course modules and I've got stuck, I'm afraid. It's more of a general logical question as opposed to OpenGL specifically but I think it's relevant. I've got a group of... 
Posted October 25, 2009 7:26:03 PM
XNA - handling mouse clicks Hi, My head is in a flat spin on this one. Essentially, the issue is thus: I have a custom class for a collapsible panel inside an XNA app I'm writing, and here is the code. It's in a separate file called CollapsiblePanel.cs: usin... 
Posted September 24, 2009 11:40:11 AM
Considering my future (long post) Hi, and apologies in advance for the somewhat lengthy nature of this post. I originally intended it to include a lot of anecdotes and asides, but these were bloating the length of the thing so I mostly cut them out. You may remember last week or... 
Posted July 4, 2009 7:49:36 PM
Browser identification issues Hi, Not a major issue by any means but I've been browsing GDNet while logged in on Google Chrome, but the Active Users list tells me I'm using Safari. Same goes for Evolution web browser on Linux (because my Firefox broke spectacularly... 
Posted May 6, 2009 7:29:51 PM
When people miss [source] tags Hi, Just something very quick. Given the number of times people neglect to use the code or source tags, would it be possible for staff or moderators to be obliged to edit the post and add them in manually? It's annoying to see a post which str... 
Posted March 29, 2009 8:31:59 PM
Please help me diagnose this PC problem Hi, My mother phoned the other night to report a problem with her PC at home. It's kinda old, it's a desktop and it's got a P4 3.2Ghz, 512MB RAM and XP Pro SP2. It has a Belkin WiFi card which I put in about two years ago and it's been working... 
Posted March 19, 2009 3:21:53 PM
UK Xbox 360 repair process Hi all, Believe it or not I've been completely ignored on the official Xbox.com forums so I've come here to seek your guidance. My first 360 died on Wednesday night with one red light and error E73 on the screen. It was an... 
Posted February 6, 2009 7:21:02 AM
Developer logo splash animations I've been wondering about the animated splash animations you see for a developer when you start up one of their games. I'm thinking of stuff like this and this. My basic question is how are these made and what tools are used, similarly wha... 
Posted January 21, 2009 12:59:25 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
PS2 just fell into my lap... what do? Homebrew, definitely. The PS2 has good potential for that sort of thing, although the original Xbox is arguably better on that front. 
Posted January 3, 2011 2:21:25 PM
What version of Windows 7 should I buy? Quote:Original post by necreia Professional, I can't imagine not having "Windows XP Mode" when in Win 7 while I still use some of the software that I do. You don't really need anything beyond that, in my opinion. I've got W7 Professional x64 (... 
Posted January 1, 2011 8:16:20 PM
Build the most epic video game level ever by posting pictures.  
Posted December 27, 2010 5:16:58 PM
Here's a challenge (decryption) I'm curious as to what it is. Sadly, the password isn't hunter2 either. Is it all the unreleased cables so far? It says on Wikileaks.ch that 913/251287 diplomatic cables have been released, so I wonder if the encrypted archive contains the... 
Posted December 6, 2010 5:51:43 PM
Falcon 9 Nope, because it's been postponed. 
Posted December 6, 2010 1:48:44 PM
I think the original poster might have a point Quote:Original post by geo2004 Quote:Original post by Madhed Quote:Original post by owl Quote:Original post by GameCreator Quote:Original post by Hollower I think the original poster might have a point.You pressed the wrong button by accident. ... 
Posted December 3, 2010 7:39:45 PM
I think the original poster might have a point DRINK! FECK! ARSE! GIRLS! 
Posted December 1, 2010 8:53:03 AM
Quitting programming as a job! Tried professional programming. Hated it, and wouldn't do it again unless it was something really special/fun or a niche area. The politics and culture of professional software development really put me off in particular but the worst part was pe... 
Posted December 1, 2010 8:51:01 AM
Where is the File Sharing war headed? Quote:Original post by Antheus Wikileaks announces release of data US government is uncomfortable with. Wikileaks uses torrent to distribute leaks. About two days earlier, US government closes 70+ torrent sites. Let me give you a 1. Then have a... 
Posted November 30, 2010 3:19:58 PM
Stuxnet I think it was developed by a rather small, predominantly Jewish nation in the Middle East. It was designed to disrupt the nuclear program of a much larger Persian pariah state. It was definitely purpose built with a specific target in mind, knowle... 
Posted November 26, 2010 3:19:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User