Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know alien3456...  
Full Name Mike Flynn
Nickname alien3456 
State/Province, Country PA   United States
GD Gathering City Clifton Heights, PA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.themerciless.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID alien3456 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1164  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/2/2004 12:01:45 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
What makes a game fun? I'm programming a game for a school project with an idea that I've never played before. It has a bit to do with learning, and music. My game might take a lot of practice to get the hang of, and afterwards, a very useful skill should be learned by the... 
Posted July 13, 2006 2:47:42 PM
[Python] Realtime midi sound play? I'm preparing for my new game project, and I'm most likely going to use Python + Pygame as I find it quite easy to do what I like. But I intend on using sound as a part of the gameplay, and have basically a freeplay piano within the game. I don'... 
Posted July 9, 2006 4:53:08 PM
[Java] Easiest to set up database? My head has been spinning because I've procrastinated way too much on a project due by 3pm tomorrow. I need some easy way of saving and loading information with Java. I've looked into ODBC or JDBC with little success as most of it has to do with... 
Posted June 8, 2006 9:00:51 PM
First Game. Advice required. Over the next year, I'll be working on my first game that I will complete, polish and let other people play. It's for school, but I'm doing it to help myself progress and learn with programming. I'm not a newbie; I know C, and am currently takin... 
Posted November 17, 2005 5:47:04 PM
[Java] Merge Sort I'm having trouble getting my merge sort to work. I get runtime errors. Not sure where I went wrong. // ****** // Merge // ****** static Data[] Merge(Data array[]) { int array_size = a... 
Posted October 27, 2005 10:22:20 PM
[Java] Unsure on an array of methods We're learning simple ways of doing a database, and as of now we are doing it using an array of methods. public static class Data { public String name; public int age; public String gender; Data(String... 
Posted October 18, 2005 6:25:23 PM
Forum Addiction I've read all of these articles which were posted here in the lounge before. After finishing those, I noticed that they were all or mostly written by Steve Pavlina. So I visited his site and he had some more articles to read. They are all just as hel... 
Posted July 29, 2005 8:58:01 PM
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome I've been constantly clicking my wrists in a way that everyone sees as insane for a few years now. It's felt normal and a big relief to my hands. Ever since I've been working heavier in any kind of development on the computer, it has been gettin... 
Posted June 30, 2005 12:40:12 AM
... so I got linux... ... When do hot chicks start knocking on my door? 
Posted June 9, 2005 8:30:46 PM
What to use instead of GLUT? I haven't used a computer much in the past month, and have instead been reading up on my OpenGL Redbook. Before I started, I didn't think I would use the AUX libraries, so I picked up some GLUT tutorials. I only soaked up the basics on... 
Posted May 24, 2005 9:01:49 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What makes a game fun? Well its an obscure talent that probably 1/500 people you'll meet will actually have. The games challenge will be in trying to achieve "Absolute Pitch", where you can identify the pitch of any tonal sound. So I'm not going to make it a violent game o... 
Posted July 13, 2006 3:06:21 PM
[Python] Realtime midi sound play? Thats a good idea. Hmm. Looking at some samples of how this works out, it looks easy enough. And of course I could get midi working in the way I want with C++. Thanks, I'll try this out for the day, and hopefully settle on it as it seems to be t... 
Posted July 9, 2006 5:54:16 PM
Would you like prison with your fries? The thing that I find to be the worst about this story is that there was an undercover officer watching a subway. I doubt he was looking for drug deals or bums pissing themselves. That guy had to have been there to enforce the new easy-collar arrest... 
Posted July 9, 2006 5:50:00 PM
[Python] Realtime midi sound play? The music module is only for streaming music. I need to be able to play two things at once, like pressing two keys on a piano, or three, or four or five. I could make recordings for each key in wav or Vorbis form... but then that compl... 
Posted July 9, 2006 5:35:23 PM
[Java] Easiest to set up database? The only java file operations I've used (or know of) are the FileOutputStream/FileInputStream classes in java.io. I know they're probably the most basic ones but they are a little annoying to setup. I don't have any of my past classes that... 
Posted June 9, 2006 1:17:12 AM
[Java] Easiest to set up database? Could you please elaborate janta, because I've been up for nearly 26 hours and will be up for another 9 in order to finish this and hand it in (I know its better to sleep, but this the only deciding factor: fail or pass). I think I've been terri... 
Posted June 9, 2006 12:55:17 AM
[Java] Easiest to set up database? Hrm, that seemed a little complicated for my time available, but thanks for the pennies. I found this little tutorial by searching some of your advice which hopefully will turn out to work easily. http://www.cs.wcupa.edu/~rkline/mysql-java-win.htm... 
Posted June 8, 2006 9:45:09 PM
Music that makes you feel CALM...... Music that you enjoy makes you calm. There is no master key. Grow some tastebuds. 
Posted December 23, 2005 6:19:15 PM
yet another girl-related problem Approach with a cocky smile, with your right hand thumb in your front right belt loop, left hand index finger holding a black leather jacket over your shoulder. Start with "Hey babe", and then flip your hair. If you dont have much hair, then just... 
Posted December 21, 2005 11:34:24 PM
Need Game designers for one of the best games ever! Sounds great! What is the game about? ... Or is that classified information? Privacy agreement? Sounds official. 
Posted December 12, 2005 10:28:53 PM
View All Replies Made By This User