Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know popcorn...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname popcorn 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1032  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/16/2002 5:40:09 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/gdevWebSpace/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Designing an interface with guichan I looking for some ideas about how to design the interface for the rpg project in this part of the forum. It was easy enough to do just using the win32 console but trying to do a graphical user interface seems a bit harder.. I'm using guichan along w... 
Posted March 18, 2010 7:40:45 PM
Sprite Rotation I am looking at how I could possibly rotate the following sprite by about 20 degrees. The width is 60 pixels and the height is 50 pixels. I am using SDL. The following apply. 1. I cannot use openGL. 2. I cannot use SDL_gfx. 3. I cannot u... 
Posted July 7, 2010 7:14:21 PM
Making an enemy move in a sine wave pattern This post is related to this post. How do I make an enemy move in the sine/cos wave pattern? As before I'm using VC++ 2008 express and SDL. I would be grateful if someone could explain the maths to me as I'm not very good at this stuff. 
Posted July 5, 2010 6:55:37 PM
creating a 2d scrolling shooter I'm looking at creating a very simple top down 2d scrolling shooter and in order to help create one I've built a very simple map editor. I'm using visual C++ express 2008 along with SDL and the guichan api to create the editor. This is what the... 
Posted June 28, 2010 8:44:34 PM
Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight Despite having some reservations after reading some reviews about this game I decided to give it a chance and just recently purchased this game. Most of the gripes about the game are understandable such as the DRM/constant internet connection needed... 
Posted April 12, 2010 11:12:35 PM
OpenGL Texture mapping help I'm looking into OpenGL at the moment and am using Glut version 3.7. Overall it seems pretty easy to use however I'm having a few problems with texture mapping. I trying to use this as a texture map for a quad. and this too however... 
Posted April 16, 2010 8:19:10 PM
Help with guichan and SDL I downloaded the newest version of guichan and then tried to follow the instructions on the guichan wiki on how to use it, but I've found it quite difficult. I think I've got it working but it's not clear to me if I've done the right thing.... 
Posted March 4, 2010 10:30:26 AM
Making Menus with SDL I was thinking about creating a rpg type battle system based on some code I had wrote before in cpp workshop on these forums. I would like to make it a graphical application though rather than a console text based one like before. I un... 
Posted February 9, 2010 10:33:16 PM
Feedback for space invaders game This is a continuation of this post. I've more or less completed this now so would like some feedback on the project. Heres the executable for the project. and heres the project files. I'd appreciate it if someone would have a look a... 
Posted February 3, 2010 5:32:30 AM
Debugging an SDL application Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but as you can see from the picture I'm currently trying to make a space invaders clone in SDL and am finding it quite difficult to debug the application when I discover bugs. At this curre... 
Posted January 4, 2010 9:36:08 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Help with GUIchan in Visual C++ Express 2008 Hi, I've used guichan before and managed to get it working in Visual C++ Express 2008. I've even managed to use it to create a very simple editor for a 2d scrolling shooter. Since you have all the source code for guichan it's possible for you to simp... 
Posted September 18, 2010 11:23:15 PM
SDL Framerate Capping Issue [Solved] Quote:Original post by DragonicZero I'm glad I could help. Thanks for the suggestion, actually I am now using the technique I talked about on my earlier post for regulating my framerate (the one where I check if a frame took the time it... 
Posted July 13, 2010 10:07:03 PM
Map editor running very slowly (Visual C#) rafehi when you draw your grid are you drawing a grid image on top of your map, if you are then this is probably the reason why it is so slow, I think it would be easier if you just drew lines. So if your mapEditor picture is 640 * 640 say an... 
Posted July 12, 2010 1:18:37 AM
help with lazy foo tutorial one... If thats the case then what nhatkthanh posted should work, that is putting the bmp file in the project folder where the code is, this is what I do and it works all the time so I'm puzzled why it doesn't work for you. 
Posted July 12, 2010 12:44:28 AM
SDL Framerate Capping Issue [Solved] Thanks DragonicZero, it was your second option that was correct, I started the timer before entering the game loop, I've changed the code so that the timer starts when 's' is pressed and it calculates at 29 - 30fps straight away. I can understand... 
Posted July 12, 2010 12:39:06 AM
SDL Framerate Capping Issue [Solved] Hi, I don't want to hijack the thread but I tried this too and was also wondering whether I had implemented the code correctly too. It is exactly the same code that DragonicZero has posted up. DragonicZero - When you start the game does the framer... 
Posted July 11, 2010 8:22:35 PM
help with lazy foo tutorial one... Quote:Original post by jyk So I guess my main question would be, why, during development, do you need to run your application from the debug/release/whatever folder? Why can't you just run it from the IDE? I don't usually run the program from the... 
Posted July 8, 2010 10:11:29 PM
help with lazy foo tutorial one... Quote:Original post by jyk I don't put the dll's in my release and debug folders, and the executables run just fine. Are you running the app from the IDE? Or using some other method? How does that happen, if I don't put the dll's in the release... 
Posted July 8, 2010 8:15:24 PM
help with lazy foo tutorial one... Quote:Original post by jyk Quote:Original post by popcorn I use VC++ 2008 express and whenever I create an SDL project I put all the files I need in the folder where my code is as well as putting those files(dll's, bitmaps etc) in the debug and rel... 
Posted July 8, 2010 1:33:51 AM
Question about code structure mrhodes, it's hard to give advice without seeing examples of the work you have done so far. When I make programs in SDL I usually just use the same game loop code all the time, that is: #include "SDL.h" #include "SDL_ttf.h" const int SCRE... 
Posted July 7, 2010 11:54:41 PM
View All Replies Made By This User