Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Extrarius...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname Extrarius 
State/Province, Country Psionic Ward
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.SkillHack.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Unknown 
Job Description Classified 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1870  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/1/2002 3:49:13 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/extrarius/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Still Broken Book Entry: Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools The page (and, presumably, the DB entries) for Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools is still broken after this and this. 
Posted December 6, 2010 10:13:50 PM
Broken Book Entry: Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools The page (and, presumably, the DB entries) for Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools is still broken after this. 
Posted July 1, 2010 1:03:06 PM
8GB (8192MB) shows up as 8184MB in BIOS I just purchased an ASUS P7P55 LX motherboard, which supposedly supports up to 16GB of RAM, but after installing 4x 2GB of DDR3 G.Skill RAM, the BIOS reports 8184MB of RAM instead of the 8192MB that it should see. After setting up my system, I not... 
Posted December 11, 2009 6:33:20 PM
Game-Friendly Virtualization Software? I've recently become interested in the hardware virtualization support that is present in modern processors, but I've hit what seems to be a rather large roadblock: relevant software seems almost entirely oriented towards server applications. This... 
Posted October 23, 2009 8:37:47 PM
Should corporations have rights? Lately, the issue of corporate political spending has come under scrutiny due to the "Hillary Documentary". In fact, it's made it all the way to the supreme court. [Google News] When I first heard the issue framed as a question of free speech, my... 
Posted September 10, 2009 2:21:27 PM
Genetic Programming with RedCode As I stated in my journal, I just recently discovered an awesome programming game titled Core Wars. I've been playing with the it for a week or two, and I've decided to write my own evolver for the game. Many different types of mutation are obviou... 
Posted June 27, 2009 10:21:09 AM
Nag (Broken Book - Retired Thread) This issue persists. 
Posted June 26, 2009 1:10:24 AM
Update "Resources" - "Books" Entry I think it'd be a good idea to update the entry for Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools in the Resources->Books section of Gamedev to mention and point to the second edition of the book that was recently published. 
Posted March 10, 2009 11:27:02 AM
Journal Bug - Can't Access Some Entries I was just going through my journal, reviewing my old posts, when I noticed that there are some posts I can't read. When I click on a month that doesn't have a post until the 25th or later, the post doesn't show up in the monthly view, and click... 
Posted February 3, 2009 10:35:16 AM
Happy Birthday to Lisp With all the other language threads that have been popping up lately (as if ever they didn't), I've been thinking about starting a thread on the wonderfully weird language Lisp. However, I haven't done much in the language lately, so I needed so... 
Posted November 6, 2008 1:10:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Where to buy eBooks? Depending on what kind of reading you enjoy, you might find some good books at E23. E23 is the e-store for the makers of the RPG called GURPS, but they've signed up many other producers of RPG materials. I really love their download system (unli... 
Posted December 30, 2010 10:01:12 AM
Internships at Lockheed Martin Personally, I stumbled into an internship after my first year of college. The first year was easy, because the internship only lasted for the summer and I wasn't planning on taking summer classes anyways. Starting with the second year, the... 
Posted December 27, 2010 11:35:51 PM
Why don't multiplex cinemas do this? I don't know if it is still open, but in my hometown, in a rather run-down mall, there was a "Dollar Theater" ($1 admission) that only showed older movies. Generally, they showed movies that were released 6 months to a few years ago. If such a m... 
Posted December 24, 2010 11:58:46 AM
Can someone help me name my API? APITITE Application Programming Interface Technology for Interactive Three-d Entertainment 
Posted December 23, 2010 8:08:41 PM
A Quick Thought on Research, or, Why Tech Trees Make No Sense I've always wondered how a 4x game with randomized conditions equal for and displayed to all players would work out. Imagine that on the loading screen, the game displays a graph showing a tech tree, building requirements, unit requirements a... 
Posted December 15, 2010 10:19:53 PM
volatile and consistency C and C++ make very few guarantees about things like the behavior of volatile, which is why I'd guess many people suggest against it. To be sure things will work as expected, you'll need to use whatever conventions your compiler and platform require.... 
Posted December 7, 2010 9:54:26 PM
stack corruption accessing external hardware through usb. What calling convention do the functions in the dll use? Are you calling them using the correct calling convention? Also, have you tried initializing all your variables to some value, even the ones you are not required to initialize? It's a g... 
Posted December 7, 2010 9:51:06 PM
Visual Studio 2010: Opinions? I haven't used VS 2010 extensively, but I _really_ don't like the number of things it installed and how much CPU it used. I was planning on using it on my laptop, but VS 2010 kept the CPU usage very high, whereas VS 2008 idled at the approp... 
Posted December 6, 2010 10:03:44 PM
Marijuana legalization... Quote:Original post by Talroth [...]I don't see how making it easier for a larger number of people to get stoned off their asses every weekend (or every day) is going help things.I would argue that putting people in overcrowded jails, giving them a... 
Posted December 2, 2010 9:48:11 PM
Is posting your full name online a bad idea? I have essentially four email addresses - a spam address on my own domain, a casual address on my own domain, a professional address on my own domain, and a gmail address that only my web host and domain host have (for use when my... 
Posted November 26, 2010 12:06:10 PM
View All Replies Made By This User