Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know RobTheBloke...  
Full Name Rob Bateman
Nickname RobTheBloke 
State/Province, Country Oxfordshire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://robthebloke.org 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Lead Tools Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1425  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/22/2002 5:43:03 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
The Maya Exporter Factfile
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
merge two import libraries? Lets say I've got Foo.dll and Bar.dll. Those have the import libs Foo.lib and Bar.lib. Is there a tool that will let me merge those two libs together into a single FooBar.lib that will pull in both of those DLL's? (this is with Visual C++) Just a... 
Posted January 12, 2010 12:52:48 PM
WWH4: Properly Reordering Face Vertex Indices (y/z swap) Going out on a limb here, but i suspect it might be worth deleting this article... Quote:Some 3D modellers (3DS for example) swap the Y and Z components of the vertex locations. There are no 3D packages that do this. Every dcc package c... 
Posted March 31, 2009 5:50:24 AM
gcc compile error: ::div has not been declared so.... compiling this with g++ 4.2.3 on ubuntu... #include <string> .... i get: In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/stl_algobase.h:68, from /usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/char_traits.h:46, ... 
Posted October 28, 2008 2:09:09 PM
source/code tags the source tags to do not allow you to use \'s if you were going to write a macro example. i.e. try inserting a multi-line C-macro into the source tags, and it will expand the macro to a single line that can be very long indeed.... 
Posted January 2, 2008 9:07:18 AM
WindowsForms - Dynamic Controls hallo, just a quick bit of advice needed. I've got a Windows form based interface which allows me to inspect and modify all class data within my Game Engine. It consists of a TreeView on the Left listing the data objects, and on the right i... 
Posted November 27, 2006 9:33:15 PM
Win32 Rich Edit Control I'm creating a Win32 rich edit control, I can create the control, but i can only use return, delete and backspace. I can't actually type any letters or numbers into the control and I don't know why. Bound to be a silly question ;) DWORD Sty... 
Posted April 25, 2005 3:48:17 PM
Maya Exporter stuff yeah i know there is already a tutorial on the basics of writing a maya exporter, but i’m currently writing some exporter tutorials for my students and i’ve tried to cover the topics that the basic tutorial misses out. The link below is t... 
Posted May 23, 2004 6:39:42 PM
__if_exists in gcc (Linux) Just wandering if there is an equivalent to __if_exists in gcc? or, failing that, if anyone has some nice compile time solution that they can suggest...  
Posted September 21, 2002 12:51:06 PM
isctype.h in Vc.NET ... Just got Visual C .NET and it seems to be having a fit over the isalpha, isdigit type functions. Everytime any of them are called it gives me an assert in isctype.h of this : /*** * __chvalidator * * Purpose: * This function is calle... 
Posted August 19, 2002 9:55:03 PM
Creating Windows Controls Hi, I added a scripted UI creation element to my scripting language and all was going quite nicely. Creating windows, no problems, buttons? , no problems. Where I had trouble was creating things like sliders and other of the more funky ui elements. ... 
Posted August 3, 2002 11:48:49 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[c++] Find item position in a set Quote:Original post by Promethium Why not use the string containing the face indices as an index into a map of indices? The face index string is garanteed to be unique if the vertex is unique. It would work, but by god is that in-efficient! Let's... 
Posted January 7, 2011 7:55:09 AM
[c++] Find item position in a set You'll want something along the lines of.... struct VertexFaceIndex { inline VertexFaceIndex(uint32_t _v, uint32_t _n, uint32_t _t){ v=_v; n=_n; t=_t; newIndex=0; } inline VertexFaceIndex(const VertexFaceIndex& toCopy){ v=toCopy.v; n... 
Posted January 7, 2011 7:20:49 AM
[C] structures which depend on each others struct List; struct Node; struct List{ int length; struct Node* pBegin; struct Node* pEnd; }; typedef struct List List; struct Node { // Heap int priority; List* subTrees; // Queue int arrivalTime; int numberOfPag... 
Posted January 7, 2011 6:51:11 AM
How to calculate the local scale to make the global scale as (1,1,1) for rotated obj? Quote:Original post by jyou23 How to calculate the local scale to make the global scale as (1, 1, 1) for rotated object in 3D? The standard solution for computing transforms without propagating scale down the hierarchy: S = scale matrix ... 
Posted January 6, 2011 11:36:15 AM
Social Game Studio - What kind of developers should I hire? Quote:Original post by FinneJager Quote:Original post by exoity Quote:Original post by FinneJager Quote:Original post by Antheus How big is the budget? Initially the budget is $300,000. Assuming 1 year development time, that means I could hire... 
Posted January 6, 2011 6:25:46 AM
Skeletal animation: vertices attached to multiple bones? Quote:Original post by Drunken_Monkey In skeletal animation for video games is it feasible to have vertices attached to multiple bones for more fluid skins, or is it too expensive? Performance wise, it's perfectly fine. Typically doing this o... 
Posted January 2, 2011 5:34:21 PM
swprintf acting weird Quote:Original post by Atrix256 I can see 2 things... #1) You are using %s to print a wide string. You should be using %ls instead. #2) you are using "text" (a std::wstring) as the parameter to _snwprintf_s, when it wants a wchar_t *. instea... 
Posted January 2, 2011 5:12:49 PM
C++ Math Classes. //function writing floats into double vector avoiding [] operator void ChangeVector(const float *fV, double *dV, int Rows) { for (int i=0;i!=Rows;i++) { dV[i]=fV[i]; } } @Misery, Not sure if you know this, but using the... 
Posted December 17, 2010 11:34:22 AM
Programming for OpenGL & DX Quote:Original post by Chris Reynolds 1.) I was advised to write a framework that allows me to code abstracted from API's so that they can be run on both DX and OGL - this obviously lengthens development time so is this smart/worth it? I was to... 
Posted December 17, 2010 6:59:27 AM
2 short DLL Questions (__stdcall and dllimport in Run-Time-Linking) Quote:Original post by Markie 1.) The first is, that it seems to be a persistent rumor, that one should use the __std (standard Windows) calling convention for all functions exported from DLLs. At least in Windows. My question is WHY? Th... 
Posted December 17, 2010 6:45:55 AM
View All Replies Made By This User