Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know jyk...  GDNet+
Full Name Jesse Anders
Nickname jyk 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://cmldev.net/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 2007  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/23/2003 8:56:55 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/jyk/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
VBOs and wireframe mode on a GeForce2 I'm doing some development on some old hardware (GeForce2 MX TwinView, using OS X 10.5.8 on a PCC Mac), and have run into a couple of odd glitches that appear to be related to using VBOs. One of these glitches is that when drawing in wir... 
Posted February 6, 2010 12:30:45 PM
D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile and JPEG quality This is sort of a random question, but is there any way to specify the compression rate that D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile() uses when saving images in JPEG format? And if not, does anyone know what quality setting (and scale) is used? 
Posted December 13, 2009 4:34:49 PM
OpenGL on Windows 7 I'm working on a game that uses OpenGL for both the OS X and Windows versions. From what I'm reading online, support for OpenGL in Windows 7 is a bit spotty; it seems it's basically left up to the hardware vendors, and in many cases users a... 
Posted November 20, 2009 4:34:08 PM
Aspect ratio and gameplay I'm at the point in my game project where I need to make some decisions I've been putting off, one of which is how to handle the issue of aspect ratio as it relates to gameplay. There have been a few threads recently on the topic of diff... 
Posted November 10, 2009 5:11:46 PM
Delayed return from glDrawElements() I've run into a strange problem with my OpenGL-based application. In certain circumstances, calls to glDrawElements() will take an unusually long time (around a second) to return. This seems to happen when textures with certain dimensions (e.g. 1024x... 
Posted November 8, 2009 10:22:49 PM
Voice synthesis software Hi all, I've been looking around online for a voice synthesizer to use for a project I'm working on, and thought I'd ask here also in case anyone had any suggestions. Here's what I'm looking for: 1. Relatively inexpensive (~$25 or les... 
Posted September 7, 2009 10:54:36 AM
PVS for constrained Delaunay triangulation For the AI in my (2-d) game, I'm using a navigation mesh built from a constrained Delaunay triangulation. For each triangle in the mesh, I'm computing a PVS indicating which triangles in the mesh are potentially visible from within that triangle. ... 
Posted May 30, 2009 6:54:25 PM
[PAID] Help with Windows port Team name: N/A Project name: N/A Brief description: The project is a 2-d top-down arcade/action game. It's been in production in its current form for about a year. Target aim: To be determined. Compensation: This is paid work. We ca... 
Posted March 5, 2009 6:37:16 PM
JPEG legal issues This seems like it's probably a stupid question, but I was wondering if there are still any legal considerations involved in using the JPEG format in one's projects. I've read all the previous threads I could find on the topic, and I gat... 
Posted March 1, 2009 1:12:35 PM
Looping music with SDL_mixer I've run into some problems with playing looped music tracks in SDL_mixer, so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone had any suggestions. I'm currently playing the tracks via Mix_PlayMusic() and have observed that with both .ogg and .wav files,... 
Posted February 4, 2009 7:06:41 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Procedural 3D Primitives Quote:Now for the sphere, I can generate the vertices fairly easily based on the lat/long segments and the normals are also easy (vertex position minus center of sphere).Yeah, that's probably the easiest way to do it. (An alternate method involv... 
Posted January 5, 2011 3:14:56 PM
Splines and path following. A couple of things you might want to look into: 1. Arc-length reparameterization. (Not trivial to implement, but might be important if you don't want the users to have to worry about control-point spacing.) 2. The parallel transport frame. (For... 
Posted January 5, 2011 12:27:53 PM
Escape from Planet Zombie - 3D action game made with Unity The usual advice: Use HTML tags to make your links clickable, and include some screenshots or links to screenshots (or something) in your post. (You'll probably get quite a few more hits that way :) 
Posted January 5, 2011 2:12:04 AM
How to calculate the local scale to make the global scale as (1,1,1) for rotated obj? Was your post supposed to include an image? (If so, the image link appears to be broken or incorrect for me.) 
Posted January 5, 2011 2:07:35 AM
Is there any way for extremely efficient collission detection.? The short answer is, if there were a collision detection and/or collision response method that offered both extreme efficiency and optimal behavior in all circumstances, then everyone would just use that method. The reality is though that there ar... 
Posted January 5, 2011 2:03:22 AM
Combined azimuth, depth, and elevation rotation problem Cross-post. 
Posted January 4, 2011 3:08:07 AM
Azimuth + Depth + Elevation Rotation Issue!!! :( Couple of tips: - Looks like some of your links are broken (or duplicated, or something) - You can use HTML tags to make your links click-able - When posting a demo, it's useful to also indicate what platform(s) the demo is for, and what it... 
Posted January 4, 2011 2:44:32 AM
C++. How to pass boost::shared_ptr by reference? Quote:Original post by owl From what I've gathered everyone knows that you can't pass a shared_ptr by reference, but nobody knows why.I just tried it with VC++ and std::tr1::shared_ptr, and it worked fine (and I've never had any trouble passing shar... 
Posted January 3, 2011 10:43:44 PM
Flash ads on the post reply/topic page Quote:Original post by szecs Sound? I never experienced that...Yeah, there are some ads now that have sound. I always just compose my posts in a different app due to lag (typically from ads). The new streaming ads make it a lot worse of course, a... 
Posted January 3, 2011 10:33:30 PM
Quick tutorials to migrate from DirectX to OpenGL Quote:Original post by Chetanhl So here's One last thing left i need A 3rd Party Maths library (vector & matrix manipulations, vector rotation,reflections etc) ???? You can find a list of free math libraries here. (Not all of them match what yo... 
Posted January 3, 2011 10:23:27 PM
View All Replies Made By This User