Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ricardo_ruiz_lopez...  
Full Name Ricardo Ruiz
Nickname ricardo_ruiz_lopez 
State/Province, Country Milky Way, Earth, Europe, Spain, Valencia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Engineer 
Job Description Game developer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1076  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/13/2006 9:55:19 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How should I release my source code under GPL but not my art/music? Hello friends! I created a game for the iPhone and now I'd like to release its source code under a GPL license. The problem is that I would like like to release my art and music to let people compile and launching in my game (for personal and test... 
Posted January 1, 2011 9:38:52 PM
Any web service (SOA) for live sport scores? Hi mates! Does anyone know a company that sells live sport scores as a webservice (specially SOA)? Thanks in advance! 
Posted November 13, 2010 11:36:35 AM
Super Fashion Puzzle Hi mates! Together with a friend of mine, a fine arts designer, have made an iPhone/iPod game slightly different and unique. It is a new concept puzzle game where a player matches a pair of pieces that are actually fashion accessories belonging t... 
Posted September 21, 2010 12:22:58 PM
[Java] Can you recommend me a book about Spring? Hi mates! I'm going to create an information system based on web. I know Java (Standard Edition) very well and desing patterns. So, I'd like to know how to create this project using J2EE or Enterprise Edition and I see many jobs that ask St... 
Posted September 8, 2010 11:24:56 AM
Does anyone know how modulus (%) in Java works? Hi mates! I have a problem in Java. In Java -1 % 5=-1 What I expect -1 mod 5 = 4 Can anyone explain this? Thansk in advance! 
Posted September 6, 2010 8:35:55 AM
Name convention. What do you prefer, jlabelUsername or usernameJLabel? Hi mates! I'm developing and app in eclipse and java, using SWING for create its user interface. My question is, what name convention do you prefer for your visual components and what is the reason, jlabelUsername or usernameJLabel? Thanks for... 
Posted September 1, 2010 8:13:34 AM
Stupid question about SSL, REST, RoR and highscores Hi mates! I'd like to know your suggestions. I'm creating a highscore server using RoR (ruby on rails) for an iPhone game. Comunicacion is done using REST web service, that is, POST to create a new highscore and GET to retrieve all highscores... 
Posted April 4, 2010 11:52:22 AM
Why glDisable(TEXTURE_2D) does not work? Hi mates! My renderable objects can use a texture or just a color. Texturing is not activated by default. If my object uses a texture, it activates it, render some object and deactivates it using: glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D,0); But I d... 
Posted February 26, 2010 5:17:05 AM
Had anyone use CUDA and a GPU to build a multithreaded server? Hi mates! I found this on NVIDIA CUDA resource website: "http://maxime.aega.co.uk/paper/massively-parallel%20game%20servers.pdf" It is a suggestionn of a multithreaded server using a GPU to improve performance. What do you think about... 
Posted February 18, 2010 11:04:22 AM
How do you manage collisions logic in ODE? Hi mates! I'm using ODE for first time, and I have some questions about contacts. Can you help me? What I don't understand is how to manage these contacts with my NPC state charts. I mean, let's say I want to play a contact sound, or I want to... 
Posted February 20, 2010 6:51:57 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How should I release my source code under GPL but not my art/music? Quote:Original post by Sander Please use an OSI certified license. They work, and are pretty well known and well understood. There's no difference between using a random license found in a random project somewhere on the web and writing your ow... 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:21:51 PM
How should I release my source code under GPL but not my art/music? Thanks a lot for replies! It seems this iPhone open source game has its own license and it seems to me is not complex. https://github.com/ericjohnson/canabalt-ios/blob/master/GAME_LICENSE.TXT Actually, that is what exactly I want. And it is ... 
Posted January 6, 2011 1:33:17 PM
How should I release my source code under GPL but not my art/music? Quote:Original post by Sander "Frets on Fire" is a game where the source is released as GPL but the artwork (specifically, the songs) are not. You could have a look at that. Also, ID software has released the source code of many games under... 
Posted January 5, 2011 7:36:20 PM
How should I release my source code under GPL but not my art/music? Quote:Original post by sprite_hound It's not that hard to pick an appropriate Creative Commons license. Why not go to the site and look before trying to write your own... Interesting link, thanks. It seems it is useful for me.  
Posted January 2, 2011 3:37:59 PM
How should I release my source code under GPL but not my art/music? Quote:Original post by frob The GPL was never designed for art or music. It makes specific references to "programs", "source code", "object code", compiling code, and so on. Games that attempt to use it to cover their art, audio, and other no... 
Posted January 2, 2011 8:55:38 AM
Any web service (SOA) for live sport scores? Quote:Original post by tstrimp A friend of mine created a fantasy football site using the json off of NFL.com Accidental APIs Stats.com is the official way to do it, but it is not cheap. Thanks! That's helpful for me! 
Posted November 14, 2010 8:43:58 AM
Any web service (SOA) for live sport scores? Quote:Original post by BeanDog A friend of mine briefly ran a pretty decent fantasy football site. He didn't buy stats, since the cheapest source he could find was on the order of tens of thousands of dollars per month. He just wrote a scrape... 
Posted November 13, 2010 2:19:41 PM
[Java] Can you recommend me a book about Spring? Quote:Original post by capn_midnight We have a Java forum In general, your best bet is to try each and see what you prefer. Spring and Struts have both been used to success by a bunch of teams. You'll never know just from talking to people, all y... 
Posted September 8, 2010 1:38:50 PM
Does anyone know how modulus (%) in Java works? Quote:Original post by Adam_42 It's caused by the way the modulo division operator is defined in the Java language specification - it preserves the sign of the expression. One way to get the result you want is to do this: static int mod(int a,... 
Posted September 6, 2010 9:47:50 AM
Does anyone know how modulus (%) in Java works? Quote:Original post by AntP Why would you expect -1 % 5 to equal 4? http://www.google.es/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=-1+%25+5 
Posted September 6, 2010 8:47:29 AM
View All Replies Made By This User