Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mittens...  Moderator
Full Name Trent Polack
Nickname mittens 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Austin, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.polycat.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID skmittens 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Game Designer 
Job Description Im a game designer. And, of course, none of my thoughts/posts on GameDev.net are representative of the company I work for. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1808  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/26/2000 4:45:41 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/mittens/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
The GameDev.net Daily The GameDev.net DailyPosted by: Trent Polack at January 3, 2011 9:35:06 AMHELLO GAMEDEV.NET. And happy new year! I’m going to be busy on Thursday, so you get to see me bright and early this fine Monday morning. I, for one, am looking... 
Posted January 3, 2011 9:35:06 AM
The GameDev.net Daily The GameDev.net DailyPosted by: Trent Polack at December 10, 2010 9:42:51 AM Hey! Long time, no see GameDev.net. Well, I suppose it’s just been two weeks or so, but man, those two weeks. You may be interested to know that, for Thanksgiving, I... 
Posted December 10, 2010 9:42:51 AM
The GameDev.net Daily The GameDev.net DailyPosted by: Trent Polack at December 17, 2010 9:16:29 AMAnd here we have it, the last Trent Polack-written GameDev.net Daily of the year two-thousand and ten. I’m not going to lie, it’s probably going to be a let down.... 
Posted December 17, 2010 9:16:29 AM
The GameDev.net Daily The GameDev.net DailyPosted by: Trent Polack at November 19, 2010 11:03:16 AMThe only piece of news I really need to talk about today is that Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together will be out on PSP February 15th, 2011. How awesome is that? S... 
Posted November 19, 2010 11:03:16 AM
The GameDev.net Daily The GameDev.net DailyPosted by: Trent Polack at November 12, 2010 8:57:18 AMMy, what a busy little week for the game industry. And how about that whole Call of Duty: Black Ops (henceforth known only as CODBLOPS)? Emergent Technologies assets,... 
Posted November 12, 2010 8:57:18 AM
The GameDev.net Daily The GameDev.net DailyPosted by: Trent Polack at November 5, 2010 10:58:56 AMIt’s basically the weekend now. That means everyone ever can rejoice. Rejoice. Yesterday was apparently earnings report day. Somewhat unsurprisingly (despite very po... 
Posted November 5, 2010 10:58:56 AM
The GameDev.net Daily The GameDev.net DailyPosted by: Trent Polack at October 29, 2010 10:08:05 AMThe original creator of Mega man, Keiji Inafune, has quit his 23-year job at Capcom; Inafune was Capcom’s head of global production. Inafune said that he has done all h... 
Posted October 29, 2010 10:08:05 AM
Broken Broken is a game about survival. As a wisp, the player will set up defenses around a giant heart in the center of the screen to defend it against various types of enemies. The defenses are constructed by connecting two mines together (mines which can... 
Posted October 20, 2010 12:48:51 AM
The GameDev.net Daily The GameDev.net DailyPosted by: Trent Polack at October 22, 2010 8:39:27 AMHappy Friday! And, oh, what a happy Friday this Friday is, let me tell you. I have my lucky boxers on right now. Just thought you all should know that. Apparently 32%... 
Posted October 22, 2010 8:39:27 AM
The GameDev.net Daily The GameDev.net DailyPosted by: Trent Polack at October 15, 2010 1:26:42 AMIt’s me again! I’m back on a Friday! For the first time in a couple weeks, I’m actually here on a Thursday night to write my Friday morning Daily!... 
Posted October 15, 2010 1:26:42 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Broken Quote:Original post by swiftcoder I really like the aesthetics, but as with all your previous games with physics-based movement, I find it is just too darn hard to control. Have you considered moving away from physically-based movement in future gam... 
Posted October 22, 2010 12:06:36 PM
Broken Quote:Original post by meeshoo Nice one, is it something like a tower defense game? Why the "big pixels" aspect, is it targeted to mobile platforms? Yeah, it's very Tower Defense-y, which I didn't entirely realize while I was making it, actual... 
Posted October 20, 2010 9:49:42 AM
Unity 3 Quote:Original post by d000hg Interesting read, but Trent please invest in a thesaurus, it got incredibly repetitive some of the words you used [wink]. I go through "favorite word" phases. This was one of those. 
Posted October 11, 2010 1:42:36 AM
The GameDev.net Daily Quote:Original post by Alch for indie developers which major investment their time, mmo is still one of the easiest ways to go commercial. This is abjectly false.  
Posted September 17, 2010 4:42:40 PM
The GameDev.net Daily Quote:Original post by Ezbez The link is broken in the "I actually got called out on" linke. Should be this. Thanks! Chrome has been hating me lately. 
Posted August 13, 2010 1:55:43 AM
The GameDev.net Daily Quote:Original post by j0mich01 The link to Tactics Ogre also links to the Xbox slim and oddly enough, the Kingdoms of Amalur still links to the Xbox slim, but only on the front page. When viewed on the comments page, it links correct... 
Posted July 23, 2010 12:50:00 PM
The GameDev.net Daily Quote:Original post by Meai The link from Kindgdoms of Amalur points to Halo Reach aswell. Fixed, thanks! 
Posted July 23, 2010 9:51:13 AM
The GameDev.net Daily Quote:Original post by metalmidget Isn't "all y'all" a bit redundant? "All of you all"? Methinks you didn't have enough red bull :P I don't even remember writing that. So, yeah, probably. 
Posted July 9, 2010 4:07:37 PM
The GameDev.net Daily Quote:Original post by swiftcoder BTW, the 'sin and punishment' link actually points to the steam summer sale on shacknews... Fixed. Thanks! 
Posted June 25, 2010 9:55:37 PM
The Daily GameDev.net Quote:Original post by Tiffany_Smith There are girls all over NY right now thinking "I wonder if I'm the lucky girl?". Good luck! Let's hope she's one of them or this trip might suck! 
Posted June 11, 2010 5:57:28 PM
View All Replies Made By This User