Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Alfredo Freak...  
Full Name Nick Day
Nickname Alfredo Freak 
State/Province, Country UT   United States
GD Gathering City Riverton, UT, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/23/2007 10:09:10 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Graphic size standard? Quick off-topic reintroduction: I made this when I was in my first year of high school (hence the bizarre space in my username) and knew next to NOTHING about game development. It is now 2011 and I am in the second year of my CS bachelor's degree rea... 
Posted January 6, 2011 8:55:32 PM
Any SLC composers out there? I'm a junior in High School and I was just wondering if anyone here lives in or around SLC (or anywhere in the valley). If you do, let me know because I want to see some local works. 
Posted September 20, 2007 10:07:32 PM
What do YOU use? I'm curious about what software everyone uses. I'm using Sony Acid Pro 6, a loop based music tool for those of you who don't know what it is. I'm sure everyone has their preferences and opinions,so let 'em fly! 
Posted August 17, 2007 2:37:07 AM
New song Alright, here is the latest song I have created: Misplaced Space: Link If you like it, tell me. If you don't like it, tell me why. My website has more music that I've made. Feel free to use my any of my songs if you want, but be sure to gi... 
Posted July 26, 2007 3:36:18 PM
My First Compostions (feedback appreciated) Well, one time in my Tech Lab class, I had a chance to use Soundtrack Pro. It quickly became my favorite program in the class. After I made one song, I made another...and another...and another...and another. I have five songs to my name at... 
Posted June 13, 2007 3:37:33 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Best indie contest? Quote:Original post by kiwibonga Remember, you don't have to win a competition to make it big. You "just" need to get people to check you out, play your games, and want to buy them. Competitions can help you earn respect in the community, build a... 
Posted January 6, 2011 9:28:21 PM
Patent Issues Software patents utterly slaughter innovation. Moving back on topic, I suppose it depends on how Intel enforces the patent and what they do with it. Finishing off topic, the three of you violated my patent on i. Pay up =) 
Posted April 13, 2009 10:43:02 PM
Strangest. words. ever. The longest word could go on forever as there is theoretically no limit to the amount of legitimate chemical terms. Try this one on for size: ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­THREONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL... 
Posted July 26, 2007 4:11:12 PM
Gamedev's Summer Reading Giveaway! Visual Basic, It isn't Game Maker, man! However, it can be done. 
Posted July 26, 2007 3:12:12 PM
C# Workshop - Signup Thread Better late than never. Name: Nick Status: Student Gmail: alfredofreak AT gmail DOT com Hotmail: insomniacnick AT hotmail DOT com AIM: bookboynick 
Posted July 2, 2007 5:36:41 AM
The Ultimate MMORPG idea This is the funniest thing I've read all day. Nice. Mmmm, pizza-time... 
Posted June 28, 2007 5:35:00 PM
Why can't I be the minion? Call me crazy, but isn't that EXACTLY what Battlefront I and II are? Evil Empire? GALACTIC Empire? You fight with a Stormtrooper, the most infamous minion in the history of ALL minions, and if you die, you pick another one. 
Posted June 15, 2007 1:11:06 AM
The Unique Weapons Brainstorm for Action Games I've got to agree with ussnewjersey4 on Oddjob's hat. I mean, come on! What other top hat can slice off the head of a statue?! I've got one similar to Telastyn's tripmines: Remember the Clockwork Kazooie eggs in Banjo-Tooie? I love... 
Posted June 15, 2007 1:02:53 AM
Game Engines??? Never forget Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_engine 
Posted June 14, 2007 1:35:12 PM
My First Compostions (feedback appreciated) Thanks for the feedback, guys. Alas, I don't have the opportunity to fine tune any of those songs at the moment because I don't own Soundtrack PRO. But thanks anyway. nsmadsen - Wonderful advice! I will keep everything that you mentioned in mind i... 
Posted June 14, 2007 1:46:36 AM
View All Replies Made By This User