Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know paul_nicholls...  
Full Name  
Nickname paul_nicholls 
State/Province, Country Tasmania   Australia
GD Gathering City Glenorchy, Tasmania, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1020  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/5/2006 9:52:05 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
"The Probe" - a boulder-dash like game Hi all, I thought I'd share here my current WIP. It is a game called "The Probe" which is a boulder-dash like game. I am using a 2d game engine written with Delphi called Pryogine to run the game, and Delphi to code the game around the engine.... 
Posted June 21, 2010 10:44:37 AM
Day Of Destruction! project Hi all, Some of you might have seen my project mentioned in Image Of The Day, but now that the competition is over (it finished this morning), I thought I'd mention my project here. Day Of Destruction is a game I have made for the PGD Annual 2009... 
Posted November 30, 2009 12:18:24 AM
Day Of Destruction! project Hi all, On the 12th of July I started programming a sort of asteroids/missile command hybrid game called "Day Of Destruction!". It is for Win32 only at the moment, but as it is coded using Pascal, SDL and OpenGl, I could make a cross... 
Posted July 22, 2009 2:28:10 PM
MS3D structure information needed Hi all, I am trying to create a MS3D exporter for a project I am working on, and I have a few questions about the structures involved with this format. I have gotten the specs for the Milkshape3d MS3D 3D file format from here: Milkshape3D... 
Posted June 30, 2009 11:56:48 PM
Day Of Destruction! project Hi all, A few days ago I started programming a sort of asteroids/missile command hybrid game called "Day Of Destruction!". This is for the annual Pascal Game Development competition PGD Annual 2009 - Arcadia if you want, you can follow... 
Posted July 15, 2009 1:18:29 AM
find 'axis' line of 3d mesh or 3d convex hull? Hi all, If I have a 3d mesh, is it possible to find a straight line that would best fit the points in that mesh? I suppose it would be even better if I had the 3d convex hull, and somehow find the line that would approximate the main/longest... 
Posted April 8, 2009 9:56:31 PM
[4E6] The Pony Rebellion (not sure about name yet) Name The Pony Rebellion (Name is a work in progress) Genre 2d side-scrolling platform game Background On the far-away planet of Silica-3, all the life forms are composed of crystalline silicate-materials, unlike the carbon-based organisms &#... 
Posted October 1, 2007 11:21:28 PM
Freepascal 2.2.0 is released! Hi guys :) I am relaying the message I got from the freepascal elists: Quote: "The Free Pascal Compiler team is pleased to announce the release of FPC 2.2.0! An overview of most changes is available below, but some highlights are: * Archi... 
Posted September 10, 2007 6:16:43 PM
3d Abalone Clone Hi all, here are some screen shots of the work in progress of my first OpenGL game for Windows written using Delphi 5. It uses NGD (Newton Game Dynamics) for 3d physics, SDL (key/mouse input), OpenGL (graphics), OpenAL (sound effects), and Lua... 
Posted August 24, 2006 3:18:50 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Math for spin and speed of object until location Hi codeWalker :) Perhaps this site will help you: Easing Equations See the link named "ActionScript 1.0 Equations" - it is a zip file with an .as file you can view with a text editor to see all the different equations :) I haven't looked... 
Posted November 25, 2010 9:30:02 PM
Windows Phone 7 - Zombies Night Out Looking good, but where are the zombies?!? LOL I watched the video, and that looks awesome as well, but still no zombies :) cheers, Paul 
Posted September 8, 2010 9:16:17 PM
GP2X Wiz Engine & 3D Game Very very nice!! I have the black Mk-II F-100 gp2x only unfortunately so I can play it, and I have always wanted to upgrade to a gp2x wiz but I don't have the $$ for it :) Oh well ;) Keep up the great work :) cheers, Paul 
Posted September 8, 2010 9:09:44 PM
"The Probe" - a boulder-dash like game Hi all, The Probe website has now changed, it has it's own domain name now (thanks to Jarrod Davis of hadron games) The new URL is: http://theprobegame.com/ Update: I now have music in The probe! Thanks to Patrick, also known by the... 
Posted September 8, 2010 9:03:02 PM
Terrain rendering using 3D-tiles It looks very nice, well done :) @swecoder: Any chance you could upload the pdf file again? It says that rapidshare has gone over the 10 downloads limit now :( cheers, Paul 
Posted August 11, 2010 9:32:28 PM
"The Probe" - a boulder-dash like game Ok, I have at least uploaded the current 'test' version to the site :) EDIT: It is the same one you have probably already downloaded though, except a crash when enter is pressed (to reset the level) has been fixed :) It also has some part... 
Posted July 28, 2010 11:15:24 PM
"The Probe" - a boulder-dash like game Hey all, I have now started a site dedicated to "The Probe" http://theprobe.hadronhosting.com I have a forum and some game images on there, but no downloadable content yet. Hopefully the downloadable content will come soon :) I'm... 
Posted July 28, 2010 10:37:48 PM
"The Probe" - a boulder-dash like game Quote:Original post by unbird Tried. I did like Boulder Dash and Emerald Mine lot, then. The extension with the laser could make an interesting addition. I'd add a support for gamepad/joystick (or at least a configurable keyboard setting) would b... 
Posted July 21, 2010 5:31:36 AM
Sam Center architect demo: 16 bit HDR lightmap Quote:Original post by ali rahimi Thanks guys @ paul. strange abstract style is always my first priority. Fair enough, and keep them coming! :) cheers, Paul 
Posted July 15, 2010 10:53:25 PM
Sam Center architect demo: 16 bit HDR lightmap Just brilliant, like all your work :) It is nice to see you do some more normal structures though than the usual organic looking stuff I have mostly seen you do - not that those aren't awesome too!! cheers, Paul 
Posted July 14, 2010 8:26:27 PM
View All Replies Made By This User