Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know leet bix...  
Full Name  
Nickname leet bix 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1011  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/1/2009 1:06:59 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Is there a way to calculate interior angles of a triangle with side lengths? As the title explains, is there a way to calculate all of the interior angles of a triangle given only, but all, lengths of the sides for a non right and triangle? Thanks 
Posted June 17, 2010 5:02:12 AM
Triangle texture coordaintes calculation and other questions Hey there, I've recently been working on a ray tracer, and I'm wondering about how texture coordinates would work in a few situations. First of all, how do you calculate the texture coordinates of a triangle, a ray, and the point of intersectio... 
Posted January 24, 2010 12:33:00 AM
Ray Tracing idea Hey there people, I have an idea that I would like some critique on. This idea is based on Ray Tracing and real time image processing like HLSL, GLSL and Cg. So first thing first, ray tracing is typically quite slow, and hence not real time... 
Posted December 12, 2009 3:52:06 AM
arrays in classes Hi there, I'm trying to create a texture class, within it I want to have a two dimensional array of 'Colour' objects, as that is effectively what a texture is. However I'm encountering problems when trying to create the texture in the class. I tried... 
Posted December 5, 2009 8:45:20 PM
Triangle - Ray intersection Hey, I've been working on converting this code: http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/maths/index.php?raytriint Into something that will fit with my tracer, and have converted it to this: TraceResult TriangleIntersection(Vector point... 
Posted November 29, 2009 2:58:03 AM
Pre calculated or not? Hey there. As some background information, I'm writing a ray tracer using Visual Studio C++ Express (2008 Ed) and am looking at a certain part of my code and trying to figure out how to make it (part of the diffuse shading) as fast as possible, to be... 
Posted November 26, 2009 3:43:22 PM
Missing type sepcifiers Heya, I'm not sure why this is happening, but, with this code: #include "Vector.h" class Point { private: float x, y, z; public: Point(float newX = 0.0f, float newY = 0.0f, float newZ = 0.0f) { x = newX; y = newY; z = newZ; ... 
Posted October 8, 2009 7:14:03 PM
fast sqrt calculation Hi, I'm in need of a quick square root function. I've looked into using the math.h one, but people seem to bash it for being expensive quite often, so I'm wondering if anyone has links to information on a faster square root function, or can... 
Posted October 2, 2009 5:20:21 AM
HLSL input problem Heya, I've been having this problem, and I've been trying for nearly 2 months to sort it out, but it just isn't working for me. I'm working on creating a deferred rendering system and have gotten to working on a point light. I'm using this... 
Posted September 28, 2009 7:22:28 PM
ifstream::open() fialure Hey, I've been using the ray trace tutorial here - [url]http://www.codermind.com/articles/Raytracer-in-C++-Depth-of-field-Fresnel-blobs.html[/url] - and when I tried to use the source, I encountered a problem. The sample source code is set up to rea... 
Posted September 5, 2009 12:48:02 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
have questions about our game, need help It seems there are a huge number of games just like this (as mentioned above). If you are really worried about it and in serious doubt, your best bet is to contact a lawyer. Although it can be expensive, it could be considerably less expensive than a... 
Posted December 11, 2010 5:18:04 PM
Is there a way to calculate interior angles of a triangle with side lengths? Thanks. I found it just before Rarosu's post. 
Posted June 17, 2010 11:08:16 PM
Is there a way to calculate interior angles of a triangle with side lengths? Hardly a reason to swear repeatedly at me given that first off it didn't take me the trigonometric rules all of which seem to offer no help in non right angle triangles, so cool it down. 
Posted June 17, 2010 5:19:55 AM
Is there a way to calculate interior angles of a triangle with side lengths? I had a look there and couldn't pinpoint anything specific of help, can you point me in the right direction? 
Posted June 17, 2010 5:15:06 AM
Do you guys use patterns? I'm not sure if anyone is mentioned this yet because I don't have the time to read all the replies, but there's a reason they are called patterns... It's not like someone sat down one day and said "Ok, I'm going to write a proxy pattern", they c... 
Posted March 12, 2010 4:41:12 AM
Triangle texture coordaintes calculation and other questions Thank you very much for the clarification. 
Posted January 27, 2010 3:11:15 AM
please help me cleanup my code... I think the main thing that you should focus on at the moment is classes. They will help you separate things out much better, and encapsulate everything for a particular object. For example, all of the following could be grouped together under &... 
Posted January 3, 2010 6:02:56 AM
Javascript Realtime Raytracer Experiment Tested on FireFox, also. Very, very slow, around one frame every 5 seconds with 1 sphere. Windows XP 1.8 Ghz dual 2Gb ram 
Posted January 3, 2010 5:51:00 AM
Advanced Dynamic Skylight Rendering Demo WIP Looks very very impressive. Perhaps you could create a night (moon) cycle additionaly? 
Posted December 27, 2009 3:27:52 PM
a* on 3d enviroment Hi, you may want to place your code between the source tags (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/faq.asp#tags). 
Posted December 26, 2009 2:21:42 PM
View All Replies Made By This User