Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know cNoob...  
Full Name Matthew Henley
Nickname cNoob 
State/Province, Country Cheshire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Runcorn, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Collage/Studying 
Job Description Games Development 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1130  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/25/2005 2:54:28 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Need some advice about chosen course. I've just finished a games media course this year and got a accepted for a place at university to study "BSc Games Computer Science" which begins on the 23rd Sept. I've been having alot of second thoughts about the course I chose, instead I feel... 
Posted September 9, 2008 5:30:07 PM
OS-X Development Basics So I'm new to developing on a mac I have Xcode setup and I've tested several example projects and everything seems to be going fine, I've been reading about the several options I have. Im planning on using the OpenGL API aswell as leaning o... 
Posted May 13, 2008 9:26:17 PM
Flash game suitable? I've been working on an RPG flash engine for my final college project which is pretty much complete, with a few things that need fixing up. I was wondering if flash games are fine to submit. If so I think I'll be able to create a neat RPG with t... 
Posted March 29, 2008 8:28:39 AM
Marble game collision techniques and basic physics. Hi, I'm in the process of developing a marble game similar to Marble Blast Ultra and SwitchBall. I was just wondering if you could give me some recomendations on what collision techniques would suit this type of game and what sort of physical fo... 
Posted March 1, 2008 6:52:59 AM
[Flash AS 2.0]Cant shoot bullet when accelerating and moving counter-clockwise I can shoot a bullet when rotating on the spot either clockwise or counter-clockwise, I can even shoot while accelerating forwards as well as rotating clockwise. My problem is, my ship doesn't feel like shooting when traveling forwards and rotat... 
Posted January 9, 2008 2:03:17 PM
Why is ToString not static but Parse is? Heres a quote from page 42 Quote: The static Int32.Parse method accepts a string argument and returns an object of type Int32. The Parse method is pretty much the opposite of ToString. As you know by now, ToString is an instance method because it... 
Posted August 4, 2007 7:42:52 PM
components What is component-oriented programming? Contemporary software design increasingly relies on software components in the form of self-contained and self-describing packages of functionality So are components class's and structures for example... 
Posted August 2, 2007 10:19:46 PM
Due Date? I got this date from the final schedule Quote:Original post by JWalsh Project 1 Due (Aug. 4th) and this one from the project 1 sticky thread Quote:Original post by JWalsh Note: Project 1 Due Date - Sunday, August 12th at 00:00 Does any... 
Posted August 1, 2007 2:26:11 PM
Trouble with scopes and my image manager Hey everyone, I've been trying to create a very simple 2D engine and it was all going well, until I decided I wanted an image manager to make the task of loading and displaying images easier. So I created an image manager class which has a vector... 
Posted March 29, 2007 9:04:13 PM
psp development tutorials link Hey, not sure how active this thread is but I recently started out developing games for my psp and found these tutorials great if anyone is interested they can be found here [Edited by - cNoob on February 17, 2007 4:21:41 PM] 
Posted February 17, 2007 5:00:58 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Looking for advice and help PLS on 3d object viewer! Aswell as irrlicht you might want to look at Ogre, theres plenty of third party tools for converting blender data (meshes, materials, animations etc...) for use with Ogre. 
Posted September 29, 2009 5:25:17 AM
Hack n Slash Diablo like creator? Torchlight allows mods such as new characters, classes, quests, level editing etc. Scheduled to be released this month, you may want to take a look at that :) 
Posted September 26, 2009 6:18:41 AM
Another LazyFoo Tutorial Q You can draw rectangles using the SDL_FillRect function. Look at how the white background was filled, the first parameter is the destination surface, the second parameter is the rectangle area to fill and the last parameter being the colour. //... 
Posted June 2, 2009 5:05:32 AM
snake I would just reposition the last piece of the snake (tail) with the next position of the snakes head which would depend on the direction of the snake. Either that, or you could loop through each piece and set its position to that of the piece in... 
Posted April 22, 2009 2:56:39 PM
Flight/Driving I would assume the vehicle/aircraft would have all it's forces applied to it which would result in a new position and orientation, then you would update your camera to make up for these changes (place the camera behind, apply any camera damping etc..... 
Posted March 5, 2009 2:54:13 PM
Car game - Following the track I'm not really sure on any methods but if you were to fire a ray from the center of the vehicle, what would happen when traveling on a non-flat surface? It may be better to cast a ray from each wheel and adjust the orientation of the car us... 
Posted March 4, 2009 12:36:17 PM
SDL Problem - Black Screen in Window I recompiled the test project with no changes and it displayed the image (after i added one to the projects directory). Without the image in the directory I get a plain window, are you sure your images are in the right place and are being loaded... 
Posted February 27, 2009 11:09:58 AM
Fighting Game Basics You seem to have the lot covered, although how could you forget finishing moves :P 
Posted December 7, 2008 8:52:40 AM
drawing cones Quote:Original post by godsenddeath look around for teh old andy pike tutorials, he covers how to do this, i found a zip file containing his tutorials a couple weeks ago, although i forget where. Here perhaps? 
Posted December 5, 2008 3:09:49 PM
What I learned about OpenGL Matrices! Updated [quote]Original post by openglJunkie void render() { glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BITS|GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BITS); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glLoadIdentity(); /* This might be how you've seen your display or render function sta... 
Posted November 29, 2008 8:41:20 PM
View All Replies Made By This User