Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Thygrrr...  
Full Name Moritz Voss
Nickname Thygrrr 
State/Province, Country Bayern   Germany
GD Gathering City Giebelstadt, Bayern, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.codeundspiele.de 
ICQ ID 32366353 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Base & Engine Developer (Games) 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1208  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/30/2000 6:01:57 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
(Object Stacking) Simplistic 2D Physics Solver Problems Hello. I'm working on a game that uses a simple physics engine to simulate the movement of some (spherical, later maybe rectangular) 2D objects "inside" the screen, using an accelerometer to make them tumble about the (smallish, 240x320) scr... 
Posted August 9, 2008 9:44:40 AM
Java / Allround Coder looking for a Project Name: Moritz Voss, age 29, Germany Project Preference: None, everyone can ask me. However, I will choose only one project and stick with it. The more realistic a project's chance of actual completion is, the more likely I'll be to joi... 
Posted July 28, 2008 4:47:18 PM
TDD: Unit Testing in Games? Heyas! I am really trying hard to come up with a way to use Unit tests in games. In particular, how would you write a test that verifies that a certain object is on screen and displayed correctly? How do you unit test shader programs? ... 
Posted September 26, 2006 5:58:14 AM
[SOLVED!] LWJGL on Kubuntu EDIT: Solution:Switch OpenGL Overlays off in /etc/X11/xorg.conf ... Found it out by randomly poking around for two damn days. Hmm, the LWJGL demos with Sun Java 5.0 Web Start download and execute fine... ...however, as soon as I clos... 
Posted September 28, 2006 3:52:12 AM
We need more coins!!! Haha, I just found a really neat retro wallpaper on the Web... seen on retroarcade.co.uk (clicky here!) Enjoy ^^ 
Posted October 4, 2006 11:52:54 AM
Adding Classes to Package java.lang (Solved: legal by language spec, illegal by EULA) Heyas! I can't find it in the spec, and eclipse seemingly lets me do it: Is it legal to declare a new class in java.lang or one of its subpackages? Specifically, I want to add a Class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError to some of my binarie... 
Posted September 29, 2006 4:29:24 AM
[solved] Need to Optimize: ICONST/BIPUSH TABLESWITCH [EDIT] Damn it! I was inadvertently using a very old version of proguard. In fact, Proguard 3.6 optimizes that kind of code away just fine! D'oh! and there I was, working with Jikes and Jode and Jshrink and all sorts of tools when I was using the rig... 
Posted September 14, 2006 8:50:16 AM
Aspect Oriented Programming Could someone point me to a quick article that compares Aspect Oriented Programming to OOP? I can't seem to make out the difference from the various articles I've read, except for some stricter (style) rules, etc. I need this for myself and m... 
Posted July 25, 2006 11:51:58 AM
The Industry I just thought about the parallels of Gamedev.net to the movie The Island: Wow, so many people, all doing essentially the same things every day, and all desperately hoping to get into "The Industy" some day. Looking towards the Jobs & Help Wanted... 
Posted July 25, 2006 11:16:05 AM
java.lang.Error "100" (J2ME, class merger) Hi guys! I'm using proguard with the class merging patch to merge the classes in some of my J2ME projects. When instancing one of the merged classes (others might work fine, though), a few phones throw a java.lang.error. getMessage() me... 
Posted July 14, 2006 11:48:31 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
iPhone Quads Edges ZFight I believe what happens is that you have subpixel rendering turned on (it is by default, and it's a good thing), so when you scroll your images, parts of neighboring pixels "outside" your intended texture coordinates are filtered into the fragmen... 
Posted November 30, 2009 7:28:27 AM
What to download? Simply go to www.netbeans.org, get Netbeans with mobility option. Go to java.sun.com an get the current JDK. Then, get a WTK (SDK), preferrably from the manufacturer of your handset. e.g. from developer.sonyericsson.com , forum.nokia.com, develope... 
Posted February 19, 2009 4:03:01 AM
Symbian Game Development (*.sis) Usually, when a J2ME game is slow, the programmer didn't do it right. Especially when it's during one of your early tests. Yes, some phones like the RAZR V3 lack processing power; it's still more than enough to male a 2D car racing/stunt game... 
Posted February 19, 2009 3:53:37 AM
which is better as of now? SIS or JAR games? Developing Symbian apps is immensely painful. Don't do it. There are also at least 10x as many phones out there that support JavaME compared to those that run Symbian. Additionally, almost all Symbian phones have somewhat decent JavaME support. ... 
Posted February 6, 2009 4:13:38 AM
On device stack trace in J2ME Stack traces on devices would be a great thing to have, assuming they don't require too many changes to the source code per se. It's not THAT important in our everyday development work, but during porting, pretty much every project hits o... 
Posted January 29, 2009 3:31:42 AM
Is it feasible to build Tile Base Game Engine using Java ? Quote:Original post by Shakedown With Java, yes. With javascript, no. Seconded. javascript doesn't have much to do with Java in the first place, anyway. In Java, it is very feasible. I've successfully done it a few times, and am curre... 
Posted January 28, 2009 3:17:19 AM
Java Game Development - 2d and 3d I've been making Java games on cell phones for a living in the past 5 years now. Java games for phones come in three flavors. First, there's J2ME (recently dubbed JavaME), which is the most prominent type; however, its 2D capabilities are ver... 
Posted January 15, 2009 3:29:19 AM
Two points and a point inside Quote:Original post by cordel I've read it. You mean maybe to substract each two dots (x1 and x2 ,y1 and y2) and somehow comapare it with (a,b) ? No, that wouldn't work. Just check whether x1 <= a <= x2 and y1 <= b <= y2 (after... 
Posted January 7, 2009 10:48:53 AM
after finishing java course Quote:Original post by ahung89 Thanks guys. I bought Killer Game Programming. Haven't started it yet - I need to learn about threads before doing so. The Sun tutorial is confusing as hell. Threads are confusing as hell. This is a friendly warn... 
Posted January 7, 2009 5:30:10 AM
is this doable? It is NOT possible using standard WMA (JSR 120 & 205) for JavaME, unless you are dealing with special text messages on special ports (not the kind normal users send, those are restricted - you can send them using WMA, but cannot receive them in... 
Posted January 7, 2009 4:44:39 AM
View All Replies Made By This User