Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know DaAnde...  
Full Name Dane 
Nickname DaAnde 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/15/2006 11:59:14 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Physics Playground This is a little demo I am working on to add to my portfolio. It is currently not finished and still needs a lot of work, but I will submit more screens as I progress. 
Posted January 4, 2008 2:13:03 AM
Quick Survey Hey I've created a short five question survey for some research I am doing for my paper in school. It should take no longer than 3-4 minutes to finish. Here is the link: Survey Thanks in advance. 
Posted February 24, 2008 2:04:34 PM
Path-Finding with unknown goal Positions Hey, I am writing a paper for school on AI in video games. Part of my paper is devoted to Path-Finding. I would like to know which are some of the best Path-Finding Algorithms if the AI does not know where its goal is located. I was thinki... 
Posted January 28, 2008 3:46:51 PM
*resolved* VBO's and Multitextured terrain Hey, I currently had a terrain drawn and multi-textured(1 large texture stretched over the entire thing and 1 detail texture) like this: for (int z = 0; z < MAP_Z; z++) { glBegin(GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP); for (int x = 0; x < MAP_X;... 
Posted January 6, 2008 5:14:45 PM
opengl Multitexture problem I am writing an engine for a game I am making for fun. I had everything working like models loading and getting textured and everything. My terrain looked crappy so I improved that by using multi texturing. Now all my other texturing is broken ie.... 
Posted December 30, 2007 9:18:38 PM
Terrain in opengl Im attempting to improve upon my current terrain generation on my game engine...Right now I basically have 1 texture that is tiled over the entire terrain which looks pretty crappy I am currently trying to use multitexturing to try and stretch &... 
Posted December 27, 2007 8:07:34 PM
Blending flicker I'm not to sure what is causing this. I currently have a ball explode when it collides with the post as seen in the screen shot below. However as you can see some of the objects get colored during the explosion and not just green as shown in the pi... 
Posted December 23, 2007 4:24:53 PM
dmusicc.h Im using visual studio and im attempting to add sound to my opengl game using directX. I have downloaded the November 2007 DXSDK and installed it. In my program I have this line #include <dmusicc.h> and I get an error saying Cannot open includ... 
Posted December 19, 2007 3:35:57 PM
C++ typeinfo problem Here is my problem I have a ball class and a sphere class and Im using typeinfo for collision detection between objects. I currently have it setup like this and it works: In my ball class I have #include "box.h" so when a box collides with a sphere... 
Posted December 19, 2007 3:24:32 AM
3rd Person Camera problem Here is my problem...I currently have a 3rd person camera similar to the world of warcraft camera where the character runs in whatever direction the camera is looking. Now I just need to figure out how to figure out which angle he needs to be facing... 
Posted December 15, 2007 2:33:22 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Path-Finding with unknown goal Positions The whole reason I started this topic was to be pointed in some direction for this path finding part of my paper that is about creating realistic AI in video games. I feel that an AI should be the same as a regular player so in my picture above the... 
Posted January 29, 2008 10:11:39 PM
Path-Finding with unknown goal Positions I see what you guys are getting at. I will most likely instead of discussing how to go about exploring an environment I will discuss how to cheat to make it seem more realistic in order to save processing power and memory. 
Posted January 28, 2008 4:21:27 PM
Path-Finding with unknown goal Positions In the paper I am going to discuss advanced techniques involved in creating realistic AI. The reason I am wondering about this is because with an algorithm such as A* there are certain situations where this will seem unrealistic. Such as a RTS wher... 
Posted January 28, 2008 4:16:29 PM
*resolved* VBO's and Multitextured terrain I have finally got it working. I added 1 line to my draw method to get it working: glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY); glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY); glBindBufferARB(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, buffer); glVertexPointer(3, GL_FLOAT... 
Posted January 8, 2008 3:08:31 AM
*resolved* VBO's and Multitextured terrain This is my current code Init: for (int z = 0; z < MAP_Z+1; z++){ for (int x = 0; x < MAP_X+1; x++){ tex[cnt].u = tCoord[x][z][0]; tex[cnt].v = tCoord[x][z][1]; tex2[cnt].u = 0.0; tex2[cnt].v = 0.0; vert[cnt].x... 
Posted January 7, 2008 2:52:25 PM
*resolved* VBO's and Multitextured terrain The problem currently is that the texture is being stretched properly and the terrain is being rendered correctly except that the detail texture is not combining with the large texture. 
Posted January 7, 2008 2:14:55 PM
opengl Multitexture problem  
Posted December 31, 2007 1:16:10 AM
opengl Multitexture problem Beautiful...After I finish drawing my terrain just before i call glPopMatrix(); I set this glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB); and everything now works...thank you very much! You have helped me not get a huge headache with such a quick fix! 
Posted December 31, 2007 1:06:16 AM
opengl Multitexture problem EDIT: To further clarify what I mean. The code I use to render terrain textures is for example: glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, TextureArray[0]); glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D... 
Posted December 30, 2007 9:32:21 PM
Terrain in opengl glGenTextures(1, &textureArray[ID]); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, textureArray[ID]); glTexEnvf( GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE ); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXT... 
Posted December 29, 2007 1:13:26 AM
View All Replies Made By This User