Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know vetroXL...  
Full Name  
Nickname vetroXL 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL members.gamedev.net/vetroxl 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1130  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/16/2003 7:11:50 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Early Game Development These are some in-game screen shots of a new game stated to be released in late summer. The player will be able to just jump-in-and-play. It's a third-person space-combat game. The camera is a typical third person camera. The graphics shots her... 
Posted May 6, 2006 2:05:23 AM
Genesis: Origins Wallpaper I thought I'd make a wallpaper image and take a break from my physiscs engine last night. The game is still in development. I just under-estimated the effort... I will have to update my GDS page to reflect that. About the wallpaper, It's a... 
Posted November 10, 2006 11:17:30 AM
still working on it Still working on my game. Now on year 8. I have ported over to XNA and these screen shots are all done in XNA. It has Parallel Split Shadow Maps, Per-pixel-lighting and instancing. I am officially a convert to XNA. 
Posted March 17, 2010 6:15:49 PM
Universe's Expansion I just had a thought... you know how scientists try to explain the expansion of the Universe on dark energy? What if space was like rubber? You can imagine two forces pulling at opsite ends and stretching it appart? Well the gravitational pul... 
Posted July 24, 2009 2:06:03 PM
Untitled Hi, I thought I would try my hand at modeling. I used TrueSpace 7.6. I just have to figure out how to texture now :O The model is heavily influenced from RoboTech. I just got the ProtoCulture DVD Box set....  
Posted April 15, 2009 3:39:10 PM
XNA 3.0 I'm just playing around with XNA 3.0, and wow, sometimes I wonder why I'm writting my engine in C++ DirectX10. XNA makes things so much easier. Does anyone know if XNA 3.0 will support HLSL 4.0? Or does it only support up to version 2? I li... 
Posted April 9, 2009 3:49:53 PM
Post Process Motion Blur Hi, These pics show the lastest progress in my dx10 based game engine for a game I am developing... Features Highlighted are * Parallel Split Shadow Maps * Particle Fog * Post Process Motion Blur  
Posted March 31, 2009 9:43:01 PM
Directx 10 Particle System Hi, Just wondering if anyone has implemented a full particle system in directx 10 that ran completly on the GPU like the samples. In particular what is the performance hit on the GPU? Why not take advantage of the multi-core systems... 
Posted March 14, 2009 9:46:49 AM
Cascaded Shadow Map Impl Hi, I can't seem to figure out what to do about a problem with my cascaded shadow map implementation. I have some screen shots below. I get some artefacts when transitioning from one cascade to another. I think it gets confused. I tried vari... 
Posted March 7, 2009 9:17:43 AM
I Like Shaders! I just implemented the silouhette extrusion of a basic Shadow Volume algorithm in DX10 in the GeometryShader Stage. I used the ShaderVolume10 sample as a guide to get the Adjacency sent properly to the shader. This implementation uses parallel li... 
Posted February 20, 2009 3:39:26 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
still working on it Well, that's probably why I'm on year eight ;) I'm not throwing away my dx10 stuff... just shelving it for a bit. I think I can get the game completed quicker with XNA. 
Posted March 23, 2010 8:10:07 AM
still working on it Hey VladR, Thanks for the motivation ;) I don't have the planets right now, they are just part of the skybox... but I am considering having the planets non-static like in StarTrek Online. XBLA was not the motivating factor... just the f... 
Posted March 22, 2010 10:01:11 PM
still working on it Well, the particle system uses an interplation method to handle this problem. This is what i tweaked in the original sample. Also, are you managing your partcles lifetime on the CPU or the GPU? I recommend the GPU. I also do recomend looki... 
Posted March 18, 2010 9:24:34 AM
still working on it Thanks Ashaman73, It will be more of a third-person arcade style shooter. Single player for starters... The trail effect is a particle trail. XNA to the rescue here! I didn't have to re-write my own since XNA already has a tutorial ... 
Posted March 18, 2010 7:14:02 AM
Universe's Expansion I think someone already came up with the idea and called it the "rubber-band" Universe.. 
Posted July 24, 2009 2:25:54 PM
oh No.. Quote:Original post by BCullis If you're learning either from the ground up, I'd suggest C# w/ XNA for speed of deployment. Automatic memory management alone will help solve a lot of elusive leaks. If you're concerned about the potential inade... 
Posted May 1, 2009 3:44:09 PM
oh No.. Quote:Original post by MyH34DHurtz I've spoken to a few friends who are software engineers, and they have told me that C++, although would be a good place to start, c# is alot better (However slower) for game design. Just wondering where was the... 
Posted May 1, 2009 3:02:37 PM
Started DX10 - I'm hopeless at the maths! yeah, it took me a few years to catch up with the math. I had to take a linear algebra course.. that's what "clicked-it" for me. I wrote my own software based 3D engine as a project for that course. Hang in there, it will all come back. I thi... 
Posted April 29, 2009 2:30:38 PM
Function Pointers have you looked at boost functions? why reinvent the wheel? 
Posted April 29, 2009 11:45:30 AM
Visual studio forgets build paths when closed Make sure you don't have two Visual Studio's open. It will save the build paths of the last Visual Studio Closed properly... 
Posted April 27, 2009 1:40:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User