Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ehmdjii...  
Full Name  
Nickname ehmdjii 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1028  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/13/2003 6:10:09 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
moving each vertex along its normal hello i want to apply an extrude effect to a mesh so i just want to move each vertex along its normal. this is what i try in glsl code: vec4 v = vec4(gl_Vertex.xyz + gl_Normal * moveamount, 1); gl_Position = gl_ProjectionMatrix * gl_ModelViewMat... 
Posted January 4, 2011 12:39:04 PM
sphere with texturecoordinates for spherical panorama hello, not sure if this is the right forum. i am looking for sphere-model that has texture coordinates which fit a spherical panorama image like this one: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19699699 i am also interested in an algorithm that... 
Posted October 29, 2010 3:32:19 PM
collision of moving objects along arbitray path hello, i guess the following is a common problem in collision detection, but i am new to physics so i have no idea about it. i have two moving objects that should be tested for collision. so each frame i test if the distance between them is small... 
Posted September 9, 2010 6:53:37 AM
android/opengles alpha textures not semitransparent but binary transparent hello, i am drawing some textures with alpha channel, but when they are displayed it looks like the alpha channel is only binary. so a pixel is either transparent or opaque, although in the texture file itself the pixel is half-transparent. i... 
Posted September 6, 2010 6:34:26 AM
OBJ renderer with vertex arrays hello, does anyone know of an opengl class or sample code that renders meshes in the OBJ file format using vertex arrays? the programming language doesnt matter. so far i have been using classic glVertex stuff, but now i need to switch to VAs... 
Posted August 25, 2010 7:13:53 AM
how to provide vertexattributes when rendering with vertex arrays hello, since OpenGL ES doesnt provide functions like glVertex anymore i am forced to use vertex arrays, right? but how would one provide vertex paramters via glVertexAttrib when rendering with VAs. also how can you define hard edges? i.e.... 
Posted August 21, 2010 5:01:55 PM
looking for octave of note-sounds hello, i am looking for a free-to-use set of notes, which cover about three octaves. (ideally from a piano, but other instruments or tunes might work too) thanks! [Edited by - ehmdjii on July 6, 2010 6:39:40 AM] 
Posted July 5, 2010 11:27:16 AM
how to interpolate a matrix hello, i store the position of an object in 3d space in a 4by4 transformation matrix. now in order to move the object from the position stored in matrix A to the position stored in matrix B, i would like to interpolate them. so do i just do thi... 
Posted June 23, 2010 3:57:29 AM
intel cards: "no errors" from glsl hello, i am using this code to check if my glsl shader compiled fine. glGetObjectParameterivARB(obj, GL_OBJECT_INFO_LOG_LENGTH_ARB, &infologLength); if (infologLength > 1) { int charsWritten = 0; char * const infoLog... 
Posted April 18, 2010 1:11:11 PM
how to make a ribbon effect? hello, i am trying to implement the effect of an object, which, when moving around, leaves a glowing trail behind. i was wondering how this effect is usually done. are the polygons of the trail procedurally created? do you usually use quad str... 
Posted February 20, 2010 4:36:30 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
moving each vertex along its normal you were right, there was a problem with the sphere model itself. all the faces where duplicated and mirrored. that's why i saw backfaced faces in the first place. 
Posted January 4, 2011 4:35:57 PM
sphere with texturecoordinates for spherical panorama thanks, yes i have wings3d or blender. 
Posted October 29, 2010 3:47:04 PM
android/opengles alpha textures not semitransparent but binary transparent thanks for the hint. actually gl.glBlendFunc(GL10.GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL10.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA); did the trick. however i am not sure if i want to use that. since on all my desktop opengl apps i use gl.glBlendFunc(GL10.GL_ONE, GL10.GL_ONE... 
Posted September 6, 2010 8:48:19 AM
android/opengles alpha textures not semitransparent but binary transparent ok, this is how the blending is set up: gl.glEnable(GL10.GL_BLEND); gl.glBlendFunc(GL10.GL_ONE, GL10.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA); 
Posted September 6, 2010 7:20:41 AM
how to provide vertexattributes when rendering with vertex arrays thanks everyone! 
Posted August 22, 2010 5:22:24 AM
GLES and glOrthof well in my case it turned out to be caused by using glorthox instead of glorthof, as well as the x version of all other fl functions 
Posted August 21, 2010 4:28:08 PM
GLES and glOrthof yes, i am on android 2.2 
Posted August 20, 2010 5:20:57 AM
GLES and glOrthof yes i have problems with glortho in opengles too. but for me it is already broken on the emulator. i usually set it up like this so that i can do pixelperfect drawing glOrtho(0, width, 0 height, -1, 1); but the viewport doesnt seem to ha... 
Posted August 19, 2010 4:07:31 PM
looking for octave of note-sounds Quote:Original post by milkshakeiii Actually, wouldn't you say that there is a good chance that merely downloading a simple sample library with the raw WAVs accessable will serve the OP's purpose? For example: http://www.archive.org/download/Berk... 
Posted July 13, 2010 11:21:00 AM
looking for octave of note-sounds > Ok so you want a seperate file for each note? yes, that would be the ideal situation. something like c.wav, d.wav, e.wav, ... the idea is that in the end i want to procedurally play a tune similar to midi files. > And how long shou... 
Posted July 7, 2010 1:49:54 PM
View All Replies Made By This User