Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know tiger54...  
Full Name Ad P..
Nickname tiger54 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.petrucci.ch 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1035  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/6/2004 6:11:59 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
delays on draw on the screen I have a dx9 program that draw an object on a TFT screen, I can move this object with the mouse. If I set the default PresentParameter=IntervalDefault (60fps) The delay from the mouse to the object on the screen is about 60ms. The same... 
Posted February 17, 2005 5:08:36 AM
Immediate vs. Default time problems... I have an object on a TFT screen and I can move it with the mouse. If I set the default PresentParameter=IntervalDefault (60fps) The delay from the mouse to the object on the screen is about 60ms. The same application with PresentParame... 
Posted February 16, 2005 5:42:52 AM
Antialiasing problems on rotated screens Hi! I noticed many problems on games when I rotate the screen to 90 or 270 degrees. On 0° I can insert an antialiase of 4x with a 1280x1024 resolution, with a geForce5700 (128MB). But if I rotate the screen I can't see any antialiased image! &... 
Posted December 8, 2004 1:12:09 PM
Problems with DX9c framework and set fonts Hi! I want to use CDXUTDialog to show a listbox. m_pDialog->AddListBox(DIALOG_LIST, 50, 50, 700, 600); m_pDialog->GetListBox(DIALOG_LIST)->SetTextColor(D3DCOLOR_ARGB(0xBB, 0x44, 0x44, 0xFF)); m_pDialog->GetListBox(DIALOG_LIST)-&g... 
Posted November 24, 2004 11:48:05 AM
Release version doesnt work on other computers Hi! I made a Release version to play my game on other computers. The application give an error message, it say that the DX SDK was not found! I compiled my program with DX9c and my friend has DX9c (retail version). in the Debug I have this l... 
Posted November 9, 2004 5:30:09 AM
particle system doesn't work with effect file! Hi! I wrote a system with an effect file. I added a a particle system but I can't see any particles :( I think the problem is that I use an effect file and DX9 want it to render all the scene, is it possible? Like in the DX9c examples I render my... 
Posted October 19, 2004 12:21:35 PM
Blur and "cubic environment-mapping" Hi, I want to use a cubic environment-mapping technique to reflect the cube map and at the same time it should have a motion blur effect. Is it possible in dx9c? Or should I wait for the next dx version? Thanks, Adriano 
Posted August 31, 2004 5:16:25 AM
C++, VisualC++, VisualC# or VisualC.NET? Hi! I want to begin programming games with DirectX. There are much programming languages to develop it. Wich one is the best programming language? C# is simply but maybe it is very slow. C++ Is fast but maybe it is too complicated... Wich one i... 
Posted May 6, 2004 7:00:06 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Problem loading texture Quote:Original post by zalthar I have a problem loading the texture tiger.bmp ( the tiger.x texture ). What do you mean with tiger.x texture? Do you load tiger.bmp or tiger.x? You can load only the first as texture. tiger.x is not a textu... 
Posted May 30, 2005 11:49:11 AM
DirectX 9.0c problem Since january 2005 you don't need only the DX9c. You need the right DX9c! d3dx9_24.dll = DX9c february edition d3dx9_25.dll = DX9c april edition You need to download the last DX to run your application. The next dll will be: d3dx9_2... 
Posted May 30, 2005 4:22:00 AM
time If you use the framework of DirectX, use the CDXUTTimer it is better than the GetTickCount... 
Posted February 16, 2005 5:24:53 AM
Antialiasing problems on rotated screens I can't undesrtand why AA works on a maximized window but it doesnt work in the fullscreen mode! The memory of my card is 256MB, it should be enough for many offscreen buffers! Isn't there a way to force the driver to draw with AA?  
Posted December 15, 2004 7:09:14 AM
Antialiasing problems on rotated screens Yes, I physically rotate the screen. I have a TFT screen and a driver that rotate the entire screen (both graphic cards can do it, NVIDIA and ATI). And no, I don't use an API because I use the rotation of the driver to rotate the image. But I can'... 
Posted December 9, 2004 3:23:11 AM
Water effect A good example is this: http://mirror.ati.com/developer/samples/oceanwater.html The best water effect is in Myst4, you can see the formulas in GPU-Gems (see Nvidia page). I am also searching a good and easy water effect... You can create wate... 
Posted November 16, 2004 4:04:54 AM
Release version doesnt work on other computers I added the code to my game, and it still say: "ensure that DX SDK is installed". And about the VS/PS... yes, I use the version 2.0 but I am sure the other graphic card has this feature. And I don't need any reference device... It is a simply game... 
Posted November 11, 2004 5:47:37 AM
Loading a texture and loading a sprite using directx9 Quote:Original post by Makoy Tiger54 Can I have an example code. Since I'm new to this whole sprite/texture thing I just need some good code to start with. thanks a lot! file.h #pragma once #ifndef CMAINFRAME_H #define CMAINFRAME_H #inc... 
Posted November 10, 2004 11:01:05 AM
which texture format should I use (.TIF .JPG .BMP etc) ??? use dds! or jpg if you don't know what dds is. 
Posted November 10, 2004 3:19:14 AM
Loading a texture and loading a sprite using directx9 Quote:Original post by Makoy about the piece of code, should I insert it to winmain or should I call a new function to it? How you want :D You must initialise them only 1 time, if you write a game it is better if you write a class. 
Posted November 9, 2004 10:29:55 AM
View All Replies Made By This User