Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Stevo14...  
Full Name Stephen Dunn
Nickname Stevo14 
State/Province, Country OH   United States
GD Gathering City Columbus, OH, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1044  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/17/2007 3:03:08 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Port Master (Update: Demo available) I have been working on Port Master since about January. As far as my to-do list goes i'm finished adding features and am in the debugging stage, getting rid of all the little annoyances and quirks. I figured it was about time to post some screen... 
Posted August 6, 2007 8:11:55 PM
GLSL Beginner, Matrix Math, and Reflections I'm new to GLSL and I'm trying to implement reflections using a render-to-texture (with FBO's) technique. Here is the source of my vertex shader: varying vec3 LightDirection; varying vec3 Normal; void main() { Normal = normalize(gl_Norm... 
Posted February 28, 2009 11:21:06 AM
Laptop Modding need some cables So... I've got my head around the Idea that I'm going to mod(ify) an old laptop that has been sitting around the house. I'm planning on giving the thing a slide-out keyboard (among other things) but to do this I need some extension cables for th... 
Posted February 7, 2008 1:42:13 PM
Reworking cumbersome game logic code I'm currently writing an American Football game in C#(mono) using OpenTK for graphics. I've come to a place where my system of handling game logic has become cumbersome and this is making it hard to track down a few pesky bugs. Here is how my program... 
Posted January 29, 2008 10:42:14 AM
Vertex arrays for an OpenGL beginner I guess you could say I've "seen the light"... [cool] ...because I decided to switch from managed DirectX for Windows, to OpenTK for Linux (which actually also supports windows). Currently my application is using immediate mode for rendering and... 
Posted December 15, 2007 12:02:24 PM
Killer Combines Ok, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and share a "brain wave" I had earlier today. The working title is "Killer Combines" (Combines as in Combine Harvester) The basic idea is as follows: You are challenged by some other farmers in your area to... 
Posted September 30, 2007 5:58:46 AM
Problem with calculating speed based on direction of travel hi, I'm in the process of finalizing a sailing game and I need help with my algorithm to calculate a ships speed based on its direction of travel relative to the wind. As it stands my code works like this; If the ship is traveling with the w... 
Posted August 11, 2007 7:08:53 AM
Best way to optomize code for a large data set Hi, Im writing a small simulation game where i need to calculate realistic gravity between ~500 (and hopefully more) objects and, although it works, my current implementation is eating up my frame-rates (~8fps). I'd like to know if there is a better... 
Posted June 16, 2007 9:14:47 AM
Wind in an action-adventure sailing game? Hi all, I have been working on an action-adventure sailing type game for that last few months in my free time and I have hit a spot where I need some feed back about a particular feature that I am considering adding. I'm considering making t... 
Posted May 25, 2007 3:32:28 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
ODE Collision Joint Problems Everything looks OK. There are any number of things that could be making the simulation not work right. You could try not using softCFM for the contact points. For example:dContact contact; contact.surface.mode = dContactBounce; contact.surface.bou... 
Posted May 23, 2010 3:34:07 PM
ODE Collision Joint Problems Do the boxes have a reasonable mass? You could try using dMassSetBoxTotal to distribute the mass throughout the box. Also, what value are you using in dWorldStep? 
Posted May 22, 2010 2:44:57 AM
ODE Collision Joint Problems I see that your flags argument in dCollide is 1. The Ode documentation says: Quote: flags specifies how contacts should be generated if the geoms touch. The lower 16 bits of flags is an integer that specifies the maximum number of contact points t... 
Posted May 21, 2010 2:12:36 AM
GLSL Beginner, Matrix Math, and Reflections Ah, well... I seem to have fixed my own problem. :) I wasn't taking the w component of the projected texture coords into consideration. I actually found this solution in this post right here on GameDev.net. vec4 ReflectedTexCoord = gl_Po... 
Posted February 28, 2009 11:51:40 PM
Upgrading Memory in New Laptop Quote:Original post by dmreichard I just replaced my old laptop with a new one, and I would like to upgrade from 2gb of ram as it has Vista 32bit on it and an Nvidia 8600M GS. There was an article written with benchmarks that proves 3gb of... 
Posted March 24, 2008 4:49:24 AM
"How to Create a High-Def speaker for under a buck" Yea, I can confirm from experience that it's pretty much hopeless. 
Posted March 22, 2008 4:52:02 AM
ZCam? Two questions that come to my mind: 1) What about shooting games? Or other games that require you to hold something? 2) Wouldn't your arms get tired after, say, 15 minutes of flicking your fingers in front of your face? 
Posted February 29, 2008 5:23:22 AM
feasability of a arcade machine.. no OS I think it would be feasible but it would probably take ~2 times longer because not only do you have to develop a stable game, but you also have to develop a stable "kernel" of sorts. Not to mention writing a VGA graphics driver, sound driver, k... 
Posted February 29, 2008 2:40:30 AM
Awesome Screensaver um... Hasn't this screen saver been around like... forever? 
Posted February 18, 2008 2:00:36 AM
Government plans to catch the downloaders... Quote:Original post by WanMaster Quote:Original post by Stevo14 Quote:Original post by Dave Surely the people that they should be trying to stop are the ones who are uploading the content. Bingo! This approach gets my vote. I agree with the... 
Posted February 13, 2008 3:15:22 PM
View All Replies Made By This User