Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Matt...  
Full Name Matt Carpenter
Nickname Matt 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Sammamish, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.pixelwrench.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID v73Matt 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1477  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/7/2003 1:30:30 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Commercialization of Christmas, among other things... Today I received a Christmas card in the mail from a friend of a friend, whom I've only spoken to two or three times in my life. She wrote me a handwritten paragraph or two (Not the typical "Happy Holidays! Love so-and-so".) Ironically, I th... 
Posted December 5, 2008 1:15:35 AM
Anyone try brewing hard cider before? It has been a tradition in my family to make hot spiced apple cider in the Autumn. It's quite delicious, however I'd really like to try an "authentic" English hard cider. Because of certain regulations (possibly related to my date of birth) in my loc... 
Posted October 13, 2008 6:15:42 PM
Domain question This might be a little OT, but I figgure someone here might be able to help me out... What utility can I use to look up the TTL for a domain record on my ISP's DNS server? My webhost (ixwebhosting) was having trouble with the server my site w... 
Posted July 15, 2006 3:02:40 PM
Well it certainly has been a while.. Geez I don't think I've posted here in months. I guess I just lost interest in foruming or something.. or maybe it was the lack of intelligent discussion. Anyways, I run a rapidly growing myspace profile tracker website and I often get emails from pe... 
Posted July 10, 2006 3:59:08 PM
Freefall onto inclined surface Heya, I'm having some trouble figguring this out -- I understand how to calculate the acceleration and final velocity if you were to start an object at the top of an inclined surface and let it 'roll' down, but how would I calculate the initial ve... 
Posted March 19, 2006 11:46:56 AM
attn: staff I had recently PMed Melissa regarding my GDNet+ subscription and asked that it be canceled. After it *not* being canceled and paypal charging another $4.95 to my account, I emailed dave twice, however both my emails have bounced back. Anybody know wh... 
Posted October 4, 2005 3:05:28 PM
modifying a power supply I have a tiny little 5" LCD module with a driver board and composite input and I recently decided I'd attempt to build a media computer for my car. Because I'm not terribly interested in investing in an ATX power supply specifically designed for vehi... 
Posted September 25, 2005 10:42:47 PM
Face transplants... http://www.komotv.com/stories/39269.htm Dear lord... Quote:Your face will be removed and replaced with one donated from a cadaver, matched for tissue type, age, sex and skin color. Surgery should last 8 to 10 hours; the hospital stay, 10 t... 
Posted September 17, 2005 7:01:57 PM
I need your help so I don't have a cardiac arrest tomorrow Long story short, last week I got switched into a PE class at my school (Technically called 'lifetime sports' and that class was supposed to be a slacker class with lots of field trips to bowling alleys and stuff, but doesnt look like that'll be happ... 
Posted September 13, 2005 9:57:37 PM
Today's a sad day for electronic music http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050822/ap_on_en_mu/obit_moog Synthesizer Innovater Robert A. Moog died Quote:RALEIGH, N.C. - Robert A. Moog, whose self-named synthesizers turned electric currents into sound, revolutionizing music in the 1960s and... 
Posted August 22, 2005 2:24:13 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Dysgraphia (difficulty at handwriting) yeah! Although, I've never felt pain while writing and I can communicate very effectively with both type and handwriting. I'd like to think that the reason my handwriting is so awful is that I type much more often. But who knows.. =\ 
Posted March 14, 2009 10:57:59 PM
Any old school members still around? yeah I guess I'm still kinda here. formerly known as xtremehobo. 
Posted February 24, 2009 4:40:56 PM
The interface of my game is ugly Looks much better! The colors are more pleasing and I like the medieval theme. I'd suggest changing the button text to white. Black text on dark backgrounds is a bit hard on the eyes. 
Posted January 21, 2009 6:45:41 PM
need to boost productivity http://www.workrave.org/welcome/ This nifty little program forces you to take periodic breaks and keep you focused. 
Posted January 5, 2009 4:09:15 PM
How can you [really] make money online? Write Facebook apps and monetize off the traffic using advertisements. I've written a few applications since their API was reliced, but the most successful was "Pee on your friends". The concept was very simple (I came up with it while taking a... 
Posted December 11, 2008 10:04:42 PM
Commercialization of Christmas, among other things... Quote:Original post by Bregma Quote:Original post by Matt Maybe it's just because the expectation that family and close friends must exchange gifts causes the very act of giving to lose meaning and actually become stressful. Have you not seen anyt... 
Posted December 8, 2008 2:07:37 AM
Commercialization of Christmas, among other things... Quote:Original post by d000hg Quote:Original post by Matt Today I received a Christmas card in the mail from a friend of a friend, whom I've only spoken to two or three times in my life. She wrote me a handwritten paragraph or two (Not the typ... 
Posted December 5, 2008 3:43:01 AM
web hosting choice? I can't speak to vpslink since I've never used them before, but I have been with Dreamhost for two years now and I'm very pleased. Every host will have bouts of downtime, Dream included, but Dreamhost's support is very communicative and their feature... 
Posted November 18, 2008 2:52:45 AM
xml vs c++ Quote:Original post by curtmax_0 You are all made of fail. HTML With Variables is the bestest! Obviously. I'm making a hockey game in it. 
Posted November 16, 2008 2:47:38 PM
Anyone try brewing hard cider before? Just taste tested the cider today. Not nearly as bad as I had expected. The gases started smelling pretty bad the past few days, but the cider still tastes apple-ish with a little residual sugar. I don't have a hydrometer so I am unable to calculate... 
Posted October 20, 2008 5:34:31 PM
View All Replies Made By This User