Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Deception666...  
Full Name Ryan Kawicki
Nickname Deception666 
State/Province, Country MO   United States
GD Gathering City Saint Louis, MO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://webpages.charter.net/deception666/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software Engineer 
Job Description Realtime Simulations 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1055  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/4/2004 12:25:20 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Multiple Contexts With OpenAl? Is it possible to have more than one context per device within OpenAL. Quote:When initializing OpenAL, at least one device has to be opened. Within that device, at least one context will be created. Within that context, one lis... 
Posted December 12, 2005 10:29:42 AM
BGRA As Pixel Format Because I've been tasked to try and increase performance out of our application at work, I've been doing some reading and found that OpenGL on Windows would prefer a call to upload a texture to look something like the following: glTexImage2... 
Posted September 13, 2008 2:51:47 AM
OpenGL, DualView, and Consumer Level NVidia Based Cards What I am trying to get out of this thread is some information and possibly a fix to what I believe is a probelm with consumer level NVidia based cards and their drivers. I work on applications that span multiple monitors. Each monitor has a... 
Posted October 28, 2006 7:24:07 PM
Swapping Multiple Buffers Does any know of a way to swap multiple buffers at one time? 
Posted June 30, 2006 12:09:52 PM
Multiple Rendering Contexts And Multiple Threads I'm currently working on an application that requires multiple rendering contexts with the use of multiple threads. There is currently two rendering contexts. One belongs to one thread and the other context to another. On thread... 
Posted May 9, 2006 11:43:07 AM
OpenGL State Within Shaders Is it possible to obtain the current state within a shader? For example. The shader could do something different if textures were not enabled or or is lighing was turned off. 
Posted April 25, 2006 3:09:30 PM
wglDeleteContext I am interested in knowing what wglDeleteContext does behind the scenes. The obvious answer is that it deletes the render context. Since it deletes the render context, does anyone know if it also deletes other allocated resources, such as textures... 
Posted April 23, 2006 4:38:08 PM
Pertains To static_cast I have been reading "C++ for Game Programmers" for the past couple of weeks. I enjoy the book, but there is a code example that has me stumped and ashamed that I don't really understand what the author is trying to say. Let me give you an example. ... 
Posted March 10, 2006 2:49:12 AM
Multiple Rendering Contexts I know that this is not a valid statement for when you issue glBegin / glEnd calls, unless I am using shard display lists, but I have an application that has 10 windows that are being rendered into. Now, since I don't have the code to verify this, l... 
Posted March 1, 2006 12:39:39 PM
Non-Power-Of-Two Texture And Speed Today, I was interested in making a quick 3DS loader for an application of mine. Everything went well until I noticed that the texture sizes that were being used were non-power-of-two (NPT). This is fine because the card I have can handle NPT of te... 
Posted January 16, 2006 1:07:59 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Help understanding projection matrix settings.... A 2D orthogonal matrix, as in your second case, will be built as such (glOrtho): | a 0 0 Tx | | 0 b 0 Ty | | 0 0 c Tz | | 0 0 0 1 | a = 2 / (right - left) b = 2 / (top - bottom) c = -2 / (far - near) Tx = - (right + left) / (right - le... 
Posted February 20, 2009 6:30:06 PM
C++ Callback Reference Post your Keys.cpp and Keys.h. More visual clues are always better than chitchat. Have you tried setting a break point or pumping text to a prompt to verify that the code is being executed? 
Posted February 16, 2009 3:30:28 PM
BGRA As Pixel Format I am basing my information off of what NVidia's technical briefs are stating. Quote: For 8-bit textures, NVIDIA graphics cards are built to match the Microsoft GDI pixel layout, so make sure the pixel format in system memory is BGRA. Why are th... 
Posted September 13, 2008 12:45:24 PM
Sphere Creation GLUquadric * sphere = gluNewQuadric(); gluQuadricDrawstyle(sphere, GLU_LINE); gluSphere(sphere, 10, 20, 20); gluDeleteQuadric(sphere); 
Posted September 13, 2008 2:55:11 AM
Passing an array of pointers to a function int * slider = new int[11]; SomeFunction(slider); . . . BOOL SomeType::SomeFunction(int * slider) { slider[1].sx = 5; } Change the reference (&) to a pointer (*) in your function declaration and definition. Alternativ... 
Posted June 3, 2008 9:45:12 PM
Farplane parameter seemingly limited Before using gluPerspective, you should set the current matrix mode to the perspective matrix and then switch back to the modelview matrix mode after calling. 
Posted March 10, 2008 1:17:47 AM
help with enviroment cube mapping To define the six faces, you need to do something along these lines. // bind the cubemap texture glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, m_nCubeMapTexture); // generate no mipmaps glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, G... 
Posted February 16, 2008 7:02:36 PM
GLUT Problems Instead of building GLUT, you should just take the already built binaries and just link the sample application to them. The warning that you are getting are coming from either the 2005 or 2008 version of MS Visual Studio. The warnings indicate th... 
Posted February 4, 2008 12:54:02 AM
texture problem The only other thing I could think of is if you have lighting turned on and no source of light. The code that you have looks fine. 
Posted January 22, 2008 12:51:36 AM
texture problem Since your buffer is only 16 bytes long, your 2D image is actually only 2x2. So, you will want to change the image width and height from 4x4 to 2x2. Change your luminance formats to RGBA formats. Luminance, I believe, provides a graysc... 
Posted January 20, 2008 2:47:58 AM
View All Replies Made By This User