Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Toji...  
Full Name Brandon Jones
Nickname Toji 
State/Province, Country UT   United States
GD Gathering City Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.tojiart.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1281  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/20/2004 3:20:54 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Quake 3 levels with WebGL This has been my personal project lately: getting Quake 3 bsp maps to render in-browser using WebGL. It's be a fun project and a great learning experience! At this point most of the surfaces in the map render correctly (with a few small exceptions) a... 
Posted August 10, 2010 12:31:17 AM
GCC compiler error with templates I've been working on a C++ binding library for Squirrel recently, and have had a couple of people ask for GCC support. I'm not terribly familiar with GCC, but I thought I would give it a go. Fortunately, most of the errors were pretty easy to cl... 
Posted May 21, 2009 9:44:08 AM
Colorblind Shader Algorithm Just wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for an algorithm(that can be implemented in a shader) that will process an image so that it is easier for a colorblind person to make out differences in their problem colo... 
Posted October 23, 2008 12:11:43 AM
Memory Leak using boost::spirit grammars I've already posted this to the Spirit mailing list, but it's been pretty much ignored there, so I'll try my luck with you guys. Mostly I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this leak (so I know it's not me going crazy/being stupid :) I noticed wh... 
Posted September 11, 2008 9:21:58 PM
Component Object Model: Practical usage questions I've been reading up on the Component Object approach to game entities recently (after being introduced by this journal entry) and have been intrigued by some of the concepts presented about it. The overall concept seems sound and logical, but I... 
Posted September 11, 2008 9:58:39 PM
joyGetPosEx I'll make this one quick: I've been implementing various input libraries in my code recently and am stuck with a small dilemma. I currently have implemented: Mouse, through WM_INPUT Keyboard, through the standard windows messages XBox 360 p... 
Posted July 3, 2008 1:56:12 AM
"Fast new lighting technique!" I've heard from a couple of different places now allusions being made to some spectacular new lighting method that supposedly: * Makes everything brighter and more detailed * Is lots faster, and can therefore render more/better with less beefy ha... 
Posted June 24, 2008 8:27:25 PM
Fixed Time-step logic check If you don't mind, I'd like a second pair of eyes (or third, or tenth...) to look over my code and double check my logic. double elapsed = 0.0; double target = 0.0; OnUpdate(0.0); gameTime.Start(); while(!exitFlag) { // Handle all queue... 
Posted June 6, 2008 1:51:59 AM
CGFX and cgGLSetParameterPointer I've been toying with Cg lately, and I've come to like it quite a bit. After getting used to the basic syntax, I decided to go after one of the things that Cg provides that I've always found lacking in OpenGL: Effects files! Well, that ground... 
Posted May 18, 2008 11:13:18 PM
OpenGL Matrix vs. Custom Matrix - different results So here's an odd one, and I'm surprised that I've never run into this before but in retrospect I guess I never used anything but your good old glRotate/Translate/Scale. I've got a simple OpenGL app that I'm using to test some render abstraction... 
Posted May 6, 2008 9:43:28 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Quake 3 levels with WebGL Wow. Chromium 7, eh? Now I feel behind the times! :) I noticed that same problem a couple of days ago and fixed it yesterday, should be back up an running for browsers that dropped support for the (deprecated) WebGL___Array types. 
Posted August 22, 2010 12:12:47 PM
Quake 3 levels with WebGL Quote:Original post by Ravyne Just so you know, I get north of 300fps on my desktop That's simply awesome! And yes, I've gotten stuck in the walls here and there. It seems to have gotten a little bit worse after I tweaked how the movement lo... 
Posted August 17, 2010 9:39:30 AM
Quake 3 levels with WebGL That is a known bug caused because Chrome 5 uses an obsolete version of texImage2d. If you try the demo with Chrome 6 it works fine. (I may still try and fix that, though. I've heard a couple of complaints about it now.) 
Posted August 17, 2010 12:30:42 AM
Quake 3 levels with WebGL Well, if you're getting the black screen then you obviously have a WebGL compatible browser. Could you do me a favor and hit Ctrl+Shift+J to bring up the javascript console and tell me if any errors are displayed in it? 
Posted August 11, 2010 8:12:24 PM
Quake 3 levels with WebGL Yes, I've been doing all of my development with Chrome. In order for you to run any WebGL demos (it's still considered an experimental tech) you need to launch chrome with the command line option: --enable-webgl Additionally, it helps if you're us... 
Posted August 11, 2010 9:28:42 AM
Quake 3 levels with WebGL What browser are you using, and what kind of machine? I'll usually get about 25 FPS in the latests Firefox betas, and about 130 FPS (!) in the latest Chrome dev builds. That's on my Athalon X2 5200 with a 8800GT video card. As for the texture... 
Posted August 10, 2010 9:30:14 AM
OpenGL 4.0 While this is nice and all, does anyone get the feeling that KHRONOS has officially given up pretense of introducing new features and is now content to just follow DirectX around? Kinda sad, considering how it wasn't that long ago that they were the... 
Posted March 11, 2010 8:45:21 PM
Is D3D10 slower than D3D9??? Simple answers: 1) Is D3D10 inherently slower than D3D9? No. In fact, it has the potential to be faster. 2) Is your driver's implementation of 10 slower than 9? Good possibility. Several years after the fact, the drivers are still improving. Un... 
Posted July 24, 2009 9:04:19 AM
SDL Directx 10 on Vista Quote:Original post by Twinblad3r I'm still pretty new to directx and I read there are major change between dx 9 and dx 10 but all I found on google is unified shader. Can someone briefly explain to me if there are other differences. First a... 
Posted June 22, 2009 9:49:53 AM
GCC compiler error with templates Great, thank you! *sigh* Visual Studio has spoiled me so badly... I really need to do more GCC work. 
Posted May 21, 2009 10:49:35 AM
View All Replies Made By This User