Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Dri Aranoth...  
Full Name  
Nickname Dri Aranoth 
State/Province, Country Quebec   Canada
GD Gathering City Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.d2p-games.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/16/2010 5:02:43 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Reckless Squad Hi! Here are the newest screenshots of our game (taken some minutes ago, still hot), Reckless Squad. We've been working on it for 9 months now, and it's almost done. We're in a tweaking/polishing phase. We released a demo of the game, y... 
Posted September 21, 2010 12:22:21 PM
Reckless Squad Hi ! I'm a really long time lurker on GameDev, this forum helped me so much these last years, and now I'm officially an indie game developer after founding my studio, D2P Games, with two friends. D2P Games is based at Montréal (Québec, Can... 
Posted January 18, 2010 12:09:53 AM
Reckless Squad Hi ! I'm back to show you our progress on our project, Reckless Squad, first presented here some month ago (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=559373) For a quick recap' : "Reckless Squad is a real-time strategy ga... 
Posted May 7, 2010 4:49:54 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Making a Game with an Anime-based Story, Characters.... Of course they are copyrighted! And you can't use them, don't even try to ask for a license, as two hobbyists you will never get one. However, if the game is only for you and your friends, there's no problem. It's called a "fan game", a... 
Posted December 23, 2010 5:54:01 PM
Is Minecraft a survival game? Dying in Minecraft is just annoying, there's no real penalty. Your buildings are still here and you can get your equipment back. So dying is not a big deal. Still, Minecraft is more scary than any survival-horror games (ala Resident Evil or Silent... 
Posted November 10, 2010 10:17:35 AM
Engine to create an RPG Unity3D could be a great start, you can use javascript for scripting There is a almost full-featured free version and a good community behind it I think it's the most realist solution for what you want to do 
Posted October 22, 2010 12:58:04 PM
Reckless Squad Big news for us! Reckless Squad is now available! It was our first game and it's now on sale, it's like the consecration of ten months of work, we've learned a lot of things on the way and we don't plan to stop now! To talk about Reck... 
Posted October 11, 2010 10:51:02 AM
Developing for Windows Phone 7 To develop games you need XNA 4, there's a "getting started" page on the Creators Club : http://creators.xna.com/en-US/education/gettingstarted 
Posted October 4, 2010 6:32:18 PM
Reckless Squad Thanks everyone! :) Quote:You mention the game adapts to your way of playing, could you share more info about this :) Depending on how well you're doing, the game adjusts its difficulty. For example if you lose almost all your soldiers duri... 
Posted September 22, 2010 12:23:04 PM
P-Xcel - simple on-model texture editor [UPDATE v1.01] Very nice, and potentially very useful! I agree that the 3D world seriously lacks simplicity 
Posted August 24, 2010 3:52:05 PM
Reckless Squad Thanks, but this thread is a bit old and I'm afraid the game no longer have this pixel precision : Recent screenshots 
Posted May 30, 2010 1:03:02 PM
Reckless Squad If it were the case, we probably wouldn't do it, but it's not. Those came from people who, like us, grew up with the 16 or 32 bits era, but feel those cliffs are really too abrupt. Don't worry, though, we will keep the essence of the game, this w... 
Posted May 8, 2010 6:19:32 PM
Reckless Squad Thanks, it's our goal : make it simple and accessible, yet deep and potentially complex. That's why the graphics are straightforward too. But to be fair, the cliffs will probably be redone to be less "tiled" as it's a recurrent complaint we've... 
Posted May 8, 2010 1:33:32 PM
View All Replies Made By This User