Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ghosted...  
Full Name  
Nickname ghosted 
State/Province, Country Greater Manchester   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Game Designer 
Job Description Frustrating programmers and confusing artists 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1208  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/22/2003 4:43:13 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
PC power loss problem Howdy folks, I'm having a few troubles with my PC and would welcome any thoughts/theories. It's been a stable little machine for some years now but has just recently developed a habit of losing all power completely, as if the plug was pulled. When th... 
Posted October 22, 2006 12:57:35 PM
Vertical Shooter with Source A while a go I started putting together a tutorial for a simple vertical shooter but things soon got sidetracked and the tutorial concept was quickly forgotten as things became mildly playable. A few comical additions alterations later and Ego Shoote... 
Posted August 20, 2005 9:23:48 AM
Free Platform Collision Source Howdy folks, I've been working on a simple example of tile-based collision detection using SDL as a mini tutorial. I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know what they think of it? - Is it any use to you? - Should I write an accompanying do... 
Posted July 15, 2004 5:07:58 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A little C++ quiz I smell a homework assignment. 
Posted June 30, 2009 6:23:43 AM
glColor3f() You'll want to set your colour back to white right before drawing the textured quad with glcolor3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f). 
Posted July 21, 2008 1:18:35 PM
Names For Game Companies Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid Thinking about prospective company names at an early stage does have one benefit; choosing a domain name to register. If you're thinking of forming a team it's always a good idea to get your own domain and we... 
Posted June 13, 2008 6:16:25 AM
Names For Game Companies Haha, these things always make me chuckle (well, briefly, then it fades into anger). Let's cut straight to the chase and admit this forum is full of people who want to make games but only a significantly lesser few who actually can (let's not qu... 
Posted June 13, 2008 4:47:41 AM
SOIL: new lightweight image loading lib I'm still in that stubborn frame of mind where I want to write every last piece of my game myself but your little library there has so nearly tempted to change my ways. Even if I don't use it, you seem to have done an excellent job with the thing. To... 
Posted April 17, 2008 4:17:33 AM
Beginners feedback wanted Quote:Original post by NickHighIQ It should be 'have'. It sounds like that when people say it just because they're saying "should've", which is short for 'should have'. Sorry, but I'm OCD and a little lesson in literacy couldn't hurt anyone! Whil... 
Posted December 12, 2007 10:44:16 AM
The Mint (scam tv) The uk version over here got their wrists slapped because because they had questions such as "Name something you'd find in a ladies handbag". One of the 10 possible answers which wasn't guessed was "rawlplugs". That's right, the plastic sheathes... 
Posted November 23, 2007 1:11:26 PM
chasecam problems. springs? Sounds to me like in step number three you are taking the vector to the target position and adding to your velocity so it's building up, travelling past the target and then doing the same thing in the return direction. For springy behaviour I simp... 
Posted November 23, 2007 4:33:31 AM
My Flash tile spinny puzzle game - currently unsolved! With a 3x3 grid I managed to get the first 6 number in no time by simply focussing on a single number at a time and careful palcement of the previous number when rotating the rightmost tiles into place. However, the last 3 obviously couldn't be... 
Posted November 13, 2007 8:15:54 AM
Speed painting Not bad, although when someone mentions speed painting I always think of this space painting 
Posted November 2, 2007 5:29:13 AM
View All Replies Made By This User