Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know GMA965_X3100...  
Full Name  
Nickname GMA965_X3100 
State/Province, Country Saint Catherine   Jamaica
GD Gathering City Spanish Town, Saint Catherine, Jamaica
Contact Info
Homepage URL none 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 955  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/23/2010 9:03:38 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How to correctly approximate a sphere ( collisson sphere ) to an object, say cube? Simple answers now. As the title asks, how is this done 'correctly' in openGL? Give a generic answer that applies to any object, to save time. Give a specific exemplification if you can. 
Posted January 5, 2011 7:00:09 PM
Is there any way for extremely efficient collission detection.? I would like to know if there is a relatively simple means to perform extremely efficient collision detection. Tired of seeing 3d objects overlapping other 3d objects now.  
Posted January 4, 2011 6:56:09 PM
Azimuth + Depth + Elevation Rotation Issue!!! :( Okay, say I have a grid: Uploaded with ImageShack.us And I want to rotate one square in this manner: Uploaded with ImageShack.us I have actually done this already, but it's not exactly correct. I am working on demo and ne... 
Posted January 4, 2011 1:48:22 AM
Real Reflection Question So, I and I just decided to learn reflection, via openGL's powerful stencil buffer functionality. B4 u leave, check out the issue i have bottom the post, and download my little reflection test! controls are on screen: http://www.mediafire.c... 
Posted December 31, 2010 2:09:24 AM
Combined azimuth, depth, and elevation rotation problem Okay, say I have a grid: Uploaded with ImageShack.us And I want to rotate it in this manner: Uploaded with ImageShack.us I have actually done this already, but it's not exactly correct. I am working on demo and need this to co... 
Posted January 4, 2011 1:46:30 AM
Ghetto 'Slums of Jamaican Society' Ghetto 'Slums of Society' hits GameDeV!! Hi, I'm Jamaican. I am a single sole lonely 19 yr old developer who has about 3 months ( really 3 good weeks ) of openGL behind his name. Things that are possible in Ghetto for now: -terrain ( sigh ) ... 
Posted January 1, 2011 3:18:55 AM
Real Time Damage for non-mathematicians and mathematicians alike..... An idea come to I... real time damage. Further more, the solution involved no math...( basic rotation and subtraction ) I decided to draft up this idea, don't know if it's valid...I think my writing is sufficiently legible: Uploaded with Imag... 
Posted January 2, 2011 12:17:50 AM
Terrain Issue What is the fastest method to tesselate terrain? Uses 'stencil shade/blend technique' to simulate lighting per vertex ( my little hack ) Sigh..I'm begginner, you'll have to endure the eys sore that is my terrain.:) uses heightmap only. ve... 
Posted December 31, 2010 10:37:25 PM
Open World Gta iv inspired, but 100% original game conception Before you read, yes, I am Jamaican. No we don't live in huts, and we have 4G here too. Mind my insurmountably low level of English usage throughout post, due to the factum that I'm lethargic. In a nutshell, one could say I'm an openwolrd 'm... 
Posted December 29, 2010 5:32:17 AM
FreeImage Issue I fixed the image lading error, never mind. What i realized, was that in my image loader, bpp, pr bit depth was wrong. When I modified img loading code to a .png loader instead from .bmp loader, forgot to change the GL_RGB bit in glTexImage2D ( )... 
Posted December 28, 2010 11:58:28 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How to correctly approximate a sphere ( collisson sphere ) to an object, say cube? Quote:Original post by karwosts I don't know why you post this in opengl, it's not really relevant. OpenGL doesn't do these kinds of things for you, it just draws meshes that you give it. Anyway, what I would do in your case is just pick a poi... 
Posted January 5, 2011 7:34:29 PM
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? One big VBO is better. According to Eskil Steenberg, standalone super programmer, single VBO implementation is sufficeint. I might be mistaken. 
Posted January 5, 2011 7:02:32 PM
Simple? miror reflection FINAL SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!! CHECK IT OUT. glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT|GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT|GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(0.0f, 0.0f, zoom); glRotatef(RotationX,1.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glRotatef(RotationY,0.0f,0.1f,0.0... 
Posted January 5, 2011 6:57:45 PM
Azimuth + Depth + Elevation Rotation Issue!!! :( Here are the basic rules that can be derived logically from thought: Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us The diagonals need tweaking. That is solved and the other components of CTED can begin. 
Posted January 5, 2011 6:33:26 PM
Is there any way for extremely efficient collission detection.? @spinningcube Your username is the answer to all our scientific / computer issues. That and the triangle. 
Posted January 5, 2011 6:31:39 PM
Azimuth + Depth + Elevation Rotation Issue!!! :( They type of calculation will have to be geared towards two natures, direction and acceleration based. Direction would involve the 'rotative' behaviors that the face would adopt. Acceleration will be the speed or time in which this 'rotative' manner... 
Posted January 5, 2011 6:12:14 PM
Is there any way for extremely efficient collission detection.? I think I might have came up with an extremely simple solution. This involves sphere bounded method though. Simple, but if moulded and ingeniously implemented, deep calculus II is avoided. Lol, a simple thing like combined radii of two objects... 
Posted January 5, 2011 4:48:41 PM
Simple? miror reflection CHANGE THIS: Quote:Original post by Tazeg glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT|GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT|GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(0.0f, 0.0f, zoom); glRotatef(RotationX,1.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glRotatef(RotationY,0.0f,0.1f,0.0f)... 
Posted January 5, 2011 4:40:11 PM
Simple? miror reflection Quote:Original post by GMA965_X3100 The important thing is that you have set the 20'th value in your static pixel format descriptor function, to 1. @Tazeg..dang it....I'm sure I told you to check your pixelformatdescriptor.. I specifically tol... 
Posted January 5, 2011 4:33:26 PM
Xilvan Design's Candy World IV I downloaded all your games :) 
Posted January 4, 2011 9:04:13 PM
View All Replies Made By This User