Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Mas0n...  
Full Name  
Nickname Mas0n 
State/Province, Country AZ   United States
GD Gathering City Peoria, AZ, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.propulsionstudio.5gigs.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/8/2005 10:59:45 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Inheritance Help I have a class called person, and I'm trying to seperate it into different files so my main.cpp doesn't get all clogged up in the future. I have 3 files listed below. My problem is that the class was working fine until I put them into different file... 
Posted January 17, 2006 7:38:35 PM
2d pong movement I'm making 2d Pong with C++ and the SDL library. I just now wrote my own collision system so now thats working. My question is how do I control the movement of the ball. I'm used to really basic languages like Dark Basic in which you just rotate the... 
Posted December 26, 2005 2:34:50 AM
Need help With Pong Collision I'm trying to make pong using SDL. I'm trying to find a library that has bounding box collision, circle collision, pixel perfect collision, and other types of 2d collision. I did find one, but I can't seem to get it to work. Heres the one t... 
Posted December 14, 2005 10:49:39 PM
Looking for Very Simple 2d/3d library I'm at the point where I think I'm going to go crazy if I can't make any visuals in my code such as 2d or 3d. I have been doing c++ for a little while, maybe 4 months. I've used a basic language Called Dark Basic for about 2 years, so I know a lot of... 
Posted December 11, 2005 10:16:44 PM
What are some good practice Games to Make? I'm pretty much a beginner at c++. I have the book C++ Primer 4th Edition and I'm up to page 250 and understand basically all of it. So far I've made tic-tac-toe and a matching game (which there was no help from the book, seeing how there isn't anyth... 
Posted October 25, 2005 11:50:19 PM
Programming Difference in 32 vs 64 bit I've been reading the book C++ Primers 4th edition for a while now. The whole book never goes into Win32 stuff. I really don't know much about it at all so bear with me. Will there be a difference between 32 bit and 64 bit programming wise, when Mic... 
Posted July 27, 2005 4:06:24 PM
Passing 2d Arrays through Functions Hi, I'm having trouble figuring out how to pass a 2d array through a function. I'm using this function to decide either to print an x or an o depending on the player. rIndex is the row and cIndex is the column in my array and boards my 2d array... 
Posted July 26, 2005 11:52:40 PM
Getting Code::Blocks to Work With VS 2003 compiler I just downloaded Code:Blocks V1.0 and Visual Studios Toolkit 2003 compiler. I am having trouble trying to make the compiler work with visual studios compiler. I selected it from the compiler list and it said it was detected. When I try to compile, a... 
Posted July 8, 2005 8:50:33 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Inheritance Help Wow great post, thanks! I just read over the whole thing and I'm going to try to understand everything in there. I'll post back probably tomorrow, or when I've learned everything. I'll use my book as a reference as I've never used the virtual keyword... 
Posted January 18, 2006 11:05:53 PM
Inheritance Help Quote:class a { a(int *pA); }; class b: public a { b(): a(NULL), otherVariable(something) { ... } }; I'm sorry but I don't understand what your trying to say here. Also in the parameter list where you put Edit: Oh, I kinda und... 
Posted January 18, 2006 8:50:10 PM
Inheritance Help Well I changed the topic name because I have one more problem that my teacher and I can't figure out (she does java, and she doesn't know c++ inheritance to well though they are pretty much the exat same :/.) I made a person class and then a... 
Posted January 18, 2006 8:07:52 PM
Inheritance Help Thanks a lot that worked [cool] 
Posted January 17, 2006 8:04:08 PM
Need help With Pong Collision Ya, I'm getting the harder parts done first. Once you get yours done, I'd like to see it once you complete it! Once I get the problem above ^ fixed I'll be set. Edit: Figured it out finally. I had to add a * onto the function so... 
Posted December 17, 2005 2:19:04 PM
Need help With Pong Collision I've been busy, but now I have a little time to work on it. Uncle Rico, when I take the * away from the return statement, I get a compiler error "Class.cpp: In member function `SDL_Surface collision::getSurface()'" And below that error I get thi... 
Posted December 17, 2005 1:29:32 PM
does anyone know a good basic language I heard someone up here earlier say Dark Basic. Thats a great language to start with. I used it for 2 years and am just now moving onto c++. You will learn a lot about game concepts like making an ai and such. It's also a commericial worthy lang... 
Posted December 17, 2005 1:00:19 PM
Need help With Pong Collision Thanks for the replies. My first priority is getting dev to work right now, seems it crashed for no reason and won't run any sdl programs anymore [sick]. I guess it's not linking properly to sdl. Once thats fixed, I'm going to organize my project... 
Posted December 15, 2005 9:55:36 PM
Need help With Pong Collision Yeah, no problem. This program is extremely messy right now, and a lot of it won't make sense because I'm trying to replace all of my old code with the class. So if somethings don't add up, it's because I haven't got to that part yet. Thanks for help... 
Posted December 15, 2005 1:59:27 AM
Need help With Pong Collision I'm a horrible object oriented programmer (as in I suck at writing classes [sick]) My aim of this class is to have it basically handle all of the collision. This is what I have so far. [source lang = "cpp"] //Set up collision class class collis... 
Posted December 15, 2005 12:43:39 AM
View All Replies Made By This User