Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know stu_pidd_cow...  
Full Name  
Nickname stu_pidd_cow 
State/Province, Country Victoria   Australia
GD Gathering City Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1014  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/28/2008 6:12:37 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[D3D11] Constant buffers and textures... I'm trying to get my head around textures, but I think I'm coming to the realisation that I don't understand constant buffers entirely, either. My biggest trouble is finding how to link access a texture from a shader. I have created a ID3D11Shader... 
Posted December 4, 2010 5:10:11 PM
[Qt] Pass "this" through SLOT() I'm wondering if there is an easy way to pass a pointer of the QObject calling SLOT() to the other end. Here's sort of what I'm trying to do: class MyClass : public QObject { Q_OBJECT public slots: void Foo( QObject* c ); }; // ... ... 
Posted July 31, 2010 8:05:14 PM
Qt won't compile... So I've spent hours trying to set up Qt (literally) and I've finally compiled the library, but I can't get my own projects to compile now. This is the code: #include <QtGui/QApplication> #include <QtGui/QPushButton> int main() {... 
Posted July 26, 2010 5:24:07 PM
D3D10 Orthographic view I'm attempting to make a HUD system but I'm having trouble getting orthographic projections to work. Heres some of the code I'm using: //... // create the projection D3DXMATRIX proj; D3DXMatrixIdentity( &proj); HUDWorld->SetMat... 
Posted July 14, 2010 4:21:25 PM
Max Script Exporter I'm trying to make a simple exporter in 3ds max 2009 with max script. To plug the data into my d3d engine, I need to have the normal and texture UV for each vertex, though 3ds max seems to only have a normal and texture UV for each index (or fac... 
Posted July 11, 2010 9:51:31 PM
D3D10 HUD I want to create a HUD with D3D10/C++. I assume the way you do it is to temporarily disable the depth buffer while you're drawing the HUD, but I can't figure out how to do this. Anyone know how to pull this off? Cheers. 
Posted July 13, 2010 6:25:38 PM
Setting up D3D11 I've decided to bump up from dx9 to dx11, but getting things set up isn't going so easy. I'm using VS2008 on Win7 64bit. I've installed the latest dx11 SDK and linked VS to the Lib and Include folders. When I try to compile one of the sampl... 
Posted April 15, 2010 3:05:01 PM
Deliverant This is my first game I've ever made. It's definitely not as compelling as a lot of the other stuff you see here, but it's still something, I guess. I started around Christmas and just finished recently. It's coded in C++ and used D3D9, FMOD, FLTK an... 
Posted April 8, 2010 3:09:34 AM
Global variables in lua... I get the feeling this has been asked before, but I've searched far too long without getting an answer. Is there a way to send a pointer of a variable from my C++ program and let my lua script directly alter the value? I've ways such as having get... 
Posted January 19, 2010 1:17:32 AM
Calculating cursor tile... I've got a basic 2D tiled game, and for the editor I want to have a box around the tile that the cursor is currently hovering over. I'm having no trouble drawing the box, the trouble is converting the cursor coordinate to the tile coordinates. Here's... 
Posted December 4, 2009 4:02:54 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[D3D11] Constant buffers and textures... Ah, yes, I get it now. And I've finally got textures now! Thankyou. 
Posted December 4, 2010 6:55:49 PM
Dinner Date Quote:Original post by Rasmadrak Interesting concept! :) Somehow it feels very 'Fahrenheit'/'Indigo Prophecy'.. More games like this please! I'll second this. Such an unusual yet inspiring idea. Also, on your site you say that it will b... 
Posted August 20, 2010 3:55:26 AM
[Qt] Pass "this" through SLOT() No, the QObject::Sender() function was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very very much. 
Posted August 1, 2010 12:17:24 AM
Qt won't compile... Yeah... I just realised that I probably downloaded the wrong one. For vs2008, which one am I supposed to get? It doesn't seem to be very clear to me. 
Posted July 27, 2010 2:43:02 PM
Qt won't compile... It is already set to No Common Language Runtime support. Is there something else that could cause this? 
Posted July 27, 2010 3:15:37 AM
Qt won't compile... Yes, I'm using VS2008. How do I go about removing this .net stuff? 
Posted July 26, 2010 11:41:09 PM
Qt won't compile... It turned out what I needed was this: QApplication app(argc, argv); But now I've got two more problems. When I run the program, it appears to run fine, but I get this popping up: Qt: Could not initialize OLE (error 80010106) The second proble... 
Posted July 26, 2010 6:05:52 PM
D3D10 Orthographic view Ah, yes, I got it working. Thanks. 
Posted July 15, 2010 5:35:49 PM
D3D10 Orthographic view None of that worked, so I suppose I might have to just use clip space. 
Posted July 15, 2010 4:01:52 PM
D3D10 HUD That pushed me in the right direction and I got it working. Thanks. 
Posted July 13, 2010 10:37:58 PM
View All Replies Made By This User