Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Trapper Zoid...  GDNet+
Full Name David Shaw
Nickname Trapper Zoid 
State/Province, Country Victoria   Australia
GD Gathering City Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1796  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/20/2005 10:09:18 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/trapperzoid/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Choosing a laptop (considering MacBook) Oooh, a shiny new hardware forum just when I need to ask a question about laptops! How nice! I have been thinking of getting myself a laptop for quite a while, and this year I reckon it will be extremely useful to have a portable computer of my own.... 
Posted January 6, 2007 8:54:16 PM
Four Elements - Unofficial Contest? I know this question may seem a little premature, what with 4E6 not yet completed and the organisers currently dealing with pesky real life issues, but I was wondering when (or if) 4E7 will be held this year. If I remember correctly traditionally the... 
Posted June 8, 2008 9:38:35 AM
Architecture for multithreading I'm working on a few quick game projects, and I'd like to use this opportunity to experiment with some new architecture approaches. With my projects being generally quite small, I've previously never had a need to look into multithreading, but w... 
Posted December 9, 2009 8:13:32 PM
Storing extra info with allocated memory in C? I've got a quick question about monitoring memory use in C, before I go hog-wild with my own solutions. I've written wrappers for memory allocation and deallocation in my code, with the same interface as for the standard C library: void *dgl_mall... 
Posted August 12, 2009 9:20:28 PM
Freeplay 2009 in Melbourne - anyone attending? Freeplay 2009 is on in Melbourne next week, Friday and Saturday Aug. 14 - 15 at the State Library. Anyone else from GameDev.net planning to attend? This is the first Freeplay I'll have attended and I've never been to one of the games fes... 
Posted August 7, 2009 8:43:00 PM
Website: Static HTML or PHP? In March, I'm building a new website that I plan to launch to be my business site for (eventually) selling indie games. The website itself will contain a mix of content; apart from the main page and product pages, I hope to add articles, tutorials,... 
Posted February 25, 2009 6:42:26 AM
Anyone speak Albanian? A year or two back I started a small personal blog over at trazoi.net, where "Trazoi" is just a contraction of "Trapper Zoid". At the time I knew trazoi (or trazoj) meant something in Albanian, but I wasn't totally sure what. From what I remember, it... 
Posted March 7, 2009 6:59:02 AM
Automated Website Backup? I'm currently planning a new website, and I'm trying to decide on a good way to regularly back it up. The backup will need to deal with regular files as well as MySQL databases. It will also need to be automated, as if it involves manual steps t... 
Posted March 4, 2009 2:25:46 AM
Apache: .htaccess or not? Newbie Apache server question: if I have control over my Apache server and it is only going to serve my web pages, should I disable use of .htaccess files? My impression is that, since I have access to Apache's httpd.conf file, I can put any... 
Posted March 2, 2009 11:33:05 PM
Recommended Domain Registrars? I'm currently building a site for a development blog that I plan on developing into my main indie business site. This site is going to be important to me, so I want to make sure the domain is safe. I'd like to have the name registered at a good,... 
Posted March 1, 2009 7:20:08 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Where can I buy the book "Focus on SDL" I'll sell you my copy for $119. Is there a specific reason why you want this particular book? The easiest solution is to use online references and tutorials. I mainly bought my copy because I wanted a reference in print and at the time my int... 
Posted January 6, 2011 10:47:05 PM
Why did Microsoft release Kinect only for Video Games? Quote:Original post by SteveDeFactoI personally think it would have been better used in the auto industry. Imagine cars that drive for you and almost never make a mistake. It could actually be saving liefs instead of just being a cool toy. The auto... 
Posted December 26, 2010 6:22:03 PM
Humble Indie bundle 2?! Quote:Original post by OrangyTang Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid but this time most of the ones I don't own appear to be still in beta (at least I'm fairly sure Revenge of the Titans is, and it appears Cortex Command is too). RotT was j... 
Posted December 16, 2010 5:47:02 AM
Dear America I'm not sure what's going on either. What happens if the Senate refuses to pass any legislation at all? Does the U.S. have the equivalent of a double dissolution where both houses of Congress are kicked out and put up for re-election? 
Posted December 15, 2010 9:17:46 PM
Need an Antagonist Race Quote:Original post by Edtharan As for the antagonist race, you could have corrupted fae vs pure fae. Corrupted fae might seek to harm humans (set traps, create enemity between humans, etc). Pure fae would seek to prevent this and protect humans. Ho... 
Posted December 15, 2010 7:58:11 AM
Humble Indie bundle 2?! I knew there was a second bundle in the works, but I hadn't realised it was released. I'll have to think about this one. Like the first bundle I already own some of the games on offer here, but this time most of the ones I don't own... 
Posted December 15, 2010 12:51:14 AM
Need an Antagonist Race The fae legends I remember usually involve them needing humans to survive for some reason, such as kidnapping babies to raise as new fae, bewitching travellers to become slaves or spouses, or capturing human souls to sell to the devil as part of his... 
Posted December 15, 2010 12:41:55 AM
To any and all CG Teachers here on Gamedev Is there a reason why implementing a renderer isn't a project already? In my Computer Graphics course the compulsory project was to implement a ray tracer. Everyone had to code it. 
Posted November 30, 2010 8:50:13 PM
Top Video Games of All Time - One that will last Quote:Original post by IceP42 We're only 2 people working on the site and we do attend to other occupations on the side. It is impossible for us to add every game that exist in one go. Our solution is to add games when they come... 
Posted October 21, 2010 8:11:01 AM
GoDaddy domain search scam! Domains By Proxy is GoDaddy's private domain hiding service; they're part of the same company service. Since I'm on a Mac, I use the "whois" command in the terminal to get website information or to check if sites are unclaimed. I'm sure Linux... 
Posted October 20, 2010 10:14:41 PM
View All Replies Made By This User