Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know EvDaedalus...  
Full Name Austin Dionne
Nickname EvDaedalus 
State/Province, Country NH   United States
GD Gathering City Manchester, NH, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID AustinFace 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1078  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/18/2005 4:40:06 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
tile texture problems I am working on a 2D side scrolling tile based game using OpenGL. I am trying to contain more than one world texture in one big bitmap file and when I render the tiles I just use the correct TexCoord's. But when I am rendering I get fu... 
Posted December 1, 2005 4:35:54 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
tile texture problems Oh wow.. thank you guys so much! I didn't even realize that the LoadTGA function I was using assigned linear filtering! I have tried sooooo long to make those stupid lines go away and now poof! They are gone! Problem solved! :) 
Posted December 2, 2005 8:06:49 PM
tile texture problems And I forgot to add, whats strange is that the lines are not always present, but only when the camera is at certain Y positions. As you move up and down they appear and dissapear.. its very frustrating! 
Posted December 1, 2005 11:53:41 PM
tile texture problems I set it to GL_CLAMP, but I still get that stupid loop around. I thought it was just with the textures I had put together in one big file, but even with any texture that is transparent at the top and not at the bottom, it makes a line at the top... 
Posted December 1, 2005 5:31:58 PM
best image format? does anyone know a good program for creating/editing PNG files? I use photoshop 7 but it doesnt support that filetype, and I cant find a good converter either to go from TGA -> PNG... 
Posted October 10, 2005 11:45:20 PM
View All Replies Made By This User