Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know werekarg...  
Full Name Stefan Dicu
Nickname werekarg 
State/Province, Country Unknown Region   Western Sahara
GD Gathering City Dakhlah, Unknown Region, Western Sahara
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.pirongames.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1062  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/6/2003 5:31:38 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Born of Fire TD Born of Fire TD is a Flash tower-defense with RPG elements that I've been working on in the past months. I'm pretty sure many of you already navigated away, screaming "oh no, yet another tower-defense!?!?" [wink] For those who are still readi... 
Posted May 19, 2010 3:18:37 PM
Scripting for PPTactical Engine Team name: PPTactical Engine Team Project name: Pure Power Tactical Engine (pptactical) Brief description: it's a real-time strategy/tactics engine, multiplatform, in 2d, that has reached version 0.9.6. it has been released as opensource in... 
Posted October 14, 2005 7:41:58 AM
Lethal Metal - a j2me gpl'ed jump'n'run i'm releasing this one as GPL as it is, well...too old: it was developed in 2003, 2 years before i got into the game industry (it was, somehow, my ticket for the game industry). it was also my very first java project, so, well, it's not quite ve... 
Posted August 22, 2005 11:39:34 AM
PPTactical Engine 0.9.6 PPTactical Engine 0.9.6Posted by: Stefan at June 22, 2005 10:10:18 AMThe engine has been under opensource development since 2001. After so much time, the engine offers: - support for Windows, Linux and MacOsX - support for Borland Builder 6 and Bui... 
Posted June 22, 2005 10:10:18 AM
PPTactical Engine - in need of programming help hello. it is my first thread in "help wanted" so please be gentle ;) (the standard project description follows) few general words about pptactical: - reached 0.9.5rc1 after 3 years of opensource existence - engine for real-time strategy/tacti... 
Posted November 25, 2004 11:11:16 AM
doclets i’m aware, it’s not quite game oriented... i have been trying lately using the doclets api in an attempt to some java source code preprocessing. anyway - i’ve bumped into a problem: how to obtain the body of a method (as text fro... 
Posted March 12, 2004 3:31:25 AM
jar compression and compatibility on device i’ve made a small test these days related to the jar compression. i have build a .jar using, of course, jar. then i have deleted the data(resource) files from jar and re-added them in .jar using winrar 3.11 with best compression. the result... 
Posted February 24, 2004 4:50:18 AM
WTK and Nokia SDK does anyone have a clue how to integrate nokia sdk into wtk? i mean what nokia jar/zip should be copied in/into what jar/zip from wtk? do i have to create profiles into wtk or the existing ones are enough? (i’ve read the wtk docs and ha... 
Posted February 17, 2004 6:58:23 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
RPG/RTS icons here are a couple of artists with high-quality icon sets on da: cseec nangeyi zxoqwikl jimmy9494 avernal also, wayofthepixel is a good place to look if you need pixel artists or the concept art forums as a last resort for commission work... 
Posted May 27, 2010 7:32:34 AM
RPG/RTS icons some time ago, while looking exactly for the same thing, bumped into this set of rpg icons. according to the author, they are free to use. alternatively, try to find an artist for this task, it's not terribly expensive even for commercial quality.... 
Posted May 26, 2010 6:31:15 AM
Born of Fire TD nice to know it's addictive [smile] the progress is saved automatically, at the end of a mission, in a local file (a Flash "local shared object"). i've tried to balance the hero skills and their "usefulness" rather than the leveling up - there... 
Posted May 24, 2010 4:12:44 PM
Born of Fire TD heroes may use 2 different skills at once, even 2 attacking skills. if what happened to you is something else, i'd be curious to see a screenshot. i don't have a mac to test my games on, but, if you have some time and are willing to lend... 
Posted May 20, 2010 10:43:09 PM
Reading up on Flash - Is this true???? use a database, if you have one on your server(mysql or other). from the client (flash/java), "call" up a php with parameters, that php will handle the database connection, setting the data and whatever else you want to do. 
Posted July 18, 2009 5:18:30 AM
Starting Out - Web Programming - Java or Flash d000hg, i dislike actionscript for a couple of reasons: the loose-type Array, lack of templates (they can be replaced with dynamic, but...) and various other small things like awkward conditional compilation support or metadata tags. i'm a haxe "fanb... 
Posted July 17, 2009 3:49:34 AM
Starting Out - Web Programming - Java or Flash for Flash, there are multiple free options available. you might want to get the free flex compiler/SDK and an IDE like flashdevelop. if you want 3d, there are a bunch of actionscript 2/3 (mostly 3) engines, like away3d or papervision. if you feel... 
Posted July 11, 2009 11:25:51 PM
Compiler for linux? source navigator is another option. there's also slickedit if you're willing to spend some cash. 
Posted February 22, 2008 10:13:17 AM
Building source via Makefile i think win32.mak was used on older vc versions. anyway... first, it is advised to run Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat then, makefile.vc must be modified a little bit, i think, again, it hasnt been updated for newer vc version. do this: - co... 
Posted February 21, 2008 5:24:06 AM
How do I get missiles to follow a curve? yehdev_cc, your code has a little flaw. it might be possible for the missile to rotate around the target (== never reach the destination) if its velocity is high and the steering speed is low. this would require manual tweaking of the velocity/steeri... 
Posted February 20, 2008 7:45:47 AM
View All Replies Made By This User