Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know destron...  
Full Name  
Nickname destron 
State/Province, Country OR   United States
GD Gathering City Eugene, OR, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1043  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/6/2006 10:42:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Commercial Software Packages under 100 dollars Hey, music has 'intrigued' me for a while, and I've been searching around for free VST hosts/sequencers/etc, and have finally come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to pay for what I really want. I've tried free programs like Psycle (which I c... 
Posted November 7, 2007 10:43:40 AM
Horror FPS story - feedback much appreciated OK, this is my little story, I haven't worked out all the details yet. It's more of a blurb than I story I guess, but I'll try to keep this as interesting as possible. Here we go. It basically fleshes out the backstory and motivations of the player,... 
Posted April 13, 2007 10:40:29 PM
How far were you into programming when you started making games? Hey, I've been getting started with programming (C++), and so I was wondering how far you guys were along with it when you started making games. In this case games can be a relative term, but I was mostly thinking of when you added controls to a prog... 
Posted April 13, 2007 10:00:27 PM
What can be improved in the FPS genre? Hey, recently I've been hearing about how "we need to create something original" in games, and whenever I hear that, it seems like it's always accompanied with IMO stupid game ideas. My reaction is, "Sure, they're original, but why would I want to pl... 
Posted March 29, 2007 1:34:17 PM
Are linear games doomed? I recently thought about this: Is linear gameplay doomed? With our MMO generation, and with VALVe's upcoming Half-Life 2: Episode 2, do you think the game industry will start pumping out more non-linear games? Here's my theory: Gamers probably want... 
Posted April 11, 2007 12:04:59 PM
Fabricated Gunshot Sound OK, I've been searching all over on how to make a gunshot sound inside of an audio editor without using samples and pre-recorded gunshot sounds and I haven't found anything. So I decided the pioneer the technique, so to speak. Here's what I... 
Posted April 11, 2007 12:42:19 AM
How to make music sound "big"? Hey, I'm a sort of a music composer (not a pro or anything, I'm kinda bad at it, that's why I'm asking for help), and I've got this terrible problem - I can't seem to make my music sound "big". Sorry if that seems vague, but I can't seem to put it in... 
Posted April 2, 2007 3:26:41 PM
Lite-C Perhaps this has been posted before, but - I recently stumbled upon this - LINK It looks interesting, I'm downloading it now. Any thoughts...?  
Posted March 31, 2007 11:43:54 PM
Google Co-op Game Development Search Engine Hey guys, I recently found out about google co-op - it allows you to use the Google engine to make your own personalized search engine which can search certain sites, etc. So I made on that searches game development sites. URL: http://www.... 
Posted March 31, 2007 12:31:03 PM
Need some help here (Drum loop) Recently, I've been doing some music and audio stuff for fun, and because my friends and I are thinking about doing a Half Life mod. Right now, I'm trying to do some drum loops. Question: in this loop here (not mine, of course) - http://www.sonyme... 
Posted December 13, 2006 4:43:07 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Commercial Software Packages under 100 dollars I would take you up on your offer, but I'm not looking to spend that much yet, and I'm not a student. :\ 
Posted November 8, 2007 12:17:38 AM
Fonts Whee! http://bancomicsans.com/home.html 
Posted June 29, 2007 1:10:44 PM
how to make a game feel "disturbing"? Quote:Original post by cemedias As a side note: I don't know why, but neither HL2 or HL scared me at all. They seemed more funny lol. Yes, although I love Half-Life 2, this is very true. I think the designers were more aiming for (or aimed for t... 
Posted June 18, 2007 7:08:30 PM
Hero of Allacrost -- Second RPG Demo Alright, here's my take on it. The biggest things I'm going to pop you for are the graphics. Don't mean to be rude, but I hope you're going to use something other than these in the final product. Anyway, on to the actual design of th... 
Posted June 12, 2007 2:14:29 PM
Horror/Survival Game Brainstorm Hmmm, I think the first part about using the battle to introduce the gameplay is a good idea, but beware! If you eventually make this game and release a demo, make sure the demo is not the introductory battle, since people who play the demo and don't... 
Posted June 11, 2007 4:03:34 PM
FPS Hand-to-hand Combat HtH combat is hard in an FPS, since depth perception is distorted within FPS systems (IMO). It's getting better as technology improves, but I think for now we should stick to third-person HtH, since you actually get a perspective on the scene an... 
Posted June 11, 2007 3:38:49 PM
Recruitment Quote:Well said, I gotta agree I hate how everyone seems only motivated by money. No offense, but I think that's kind of a naive judgment on why paying jobs are a lot more popular. A lot of people on this and other game developer fo... 
Posted June 11, 2007 12:36:24 PM
Recruitment I appreciate your determination not to make "just another abomination", but I think if you want somebody to put their blood, sweat and tears into it, you're going to have to offer some kind of compensation. I don't mean to be rude, just a thought. 
Posted June 11, 2007 10:57:51 AM
Drum machine... Check this out - http://www.d-lusion.com/HelpDrumstation2.html It's really easy to use, really. :) 
Posted April 23, 2007 10:52:24 AM
Hazmat Wants You!!! Hazmat: Check your email. :) 
Posted April 17, 2007 4:06:04 PM
View All Replies Made By This User