Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Fen...  
Full Name Bart 
Nickname Fen 
State/Province, Country Malopolskie   Poland
GD Gathering City Krakow, Malopolskie, Poland
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.bfilipek.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title 3d graphics ang UI programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1029  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/3/2004 12:34:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
search3D Project written in Windows Presentation Foundation. The idea was based on Piclens(Cooliris) presentation plugin for Firefox and other browsers. The application can search pictures by using some search engines (yahoo!, flickr, google, etc -... 
Posted July 21, 2009 1:26:43 AM
Monopoly 3D :) hello! My friends and me decided to create a game based on the original Monopoly board game. We want to do it in DirectX 3D (in C++) and create ability for players to play over the net. We have almost no knowledge about net programming so... 
Posted October 26, 2006 11:21:49 AM
faster than the "printf" ? Hi For the Standard IO (in C++) we have two posibilities: - to use <iostream> (cout, cin, etc) or old <cstdio> (printf, scanf) <iostream> is slower than <cstdio> is there any faster way to read and write data in the... 
Posted November 5, 2004 5:09:38 AM
interesting speech to a girl.... Hello! Tomorrow I will have a disco in my school, that's sound good :) Imagine: I'm dancing with beautiful girl, we're very close each other... the song is romantic... What should I tell this girl to impress her? Maybe something nonstandard? ... 
Posted October 12, 2004 12:46:36 PM
Radeon 9550 on AGP 2X? I would like to buy a new graphics card. But unfortunalety I have very old mainboard with AGP 2X. Will Radeon 9550 work on AGP 2X? 
Posted October 13, 2004 4:37:17 PM
Time and Energy Hello! On the 1st September I started my school. This year I will finish my secondary school. At the end I will have some exams and I will try to go to High School. So I have a lot of work! In future I would like to be a programmer. I must do ma... 
Posted September 29, 2004 3:03:43 PM
Is There Love In Space? I'm big fan of Joe Satriani. In the 13th of April 2004 he released a new album that is named "Is There Love In Space"... This good question. We want to find some other form of life in the space. But will that creature know LOVE? Maybe the feeling... 
Posted July 20, 2004 5:57:11 AM
Mooney and GNU How an I earn money when I do programs with GNU licence?? 
Posted July 16, 2004 4:12:09 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
search3D of course the project is not perfect and there are lot of things that should be added. It is quite easy to add browser inside the WPF form - so even youtube movies (via flash plugin) can be supported. I was even thinking of rewriting it to Silverlig... 
Posted July 26, 2009 2:54:48 PM
Alpha blending with Cg shaders It works because of the equation from (Chapter 7 Blending, Antialiasing, and Fog): http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~unreal/theredbook/chapter07.html when you use: glBlendFunc(GL_ONE,GL_ZERO); You use 100% of the source color, and 0% of the dstination... 
Posted January 19, 2009 4:22:11 AM
Alpha blending with Cg shaders try: glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA,GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);  
Posted January 18, 2009 9:23:16 AM
OpenGL Shaders 101 http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/glsl/index.php?intro here You have some grate and quite simple info to start coding in opengl using shaders. As far as I know You need to have at least opengl 1.5 or better - opengl 2.0 gfx card to support sha... 
Posted January 18, 2009 9:18:41 AM
Displaying large non-square images try using NPOT textures (http://www.opengl.org/wiki/index.php?title=NPOT_Textures&printable=yes) and Pixel Buffer Objects - for allocating and accesing texture data directly on GPU - http://www.songho.ca/opengl/gl_pbo.html it may helps 
Posted December 11, 2008 8:35:31 AM
FBO and Lighting problem yes... it works :) Today I have almost the same problem :) Ofcourse this problem does not occur when using shaders, it is only in fixed pipeline mode. 
Posted December 8, 2008 2:05:16 PM
npot textures consider using texture rectangles "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle" it was intruduced earlier than NPOT textures, so older hardware may have support for that kind of extension. 
Posted December 8, 2008 5:12:06 AM
Can anyone recommend me a good openGL/game dev book? More openGL Programming, but sometimes vary useful information can be found in books not connected with the openGL, like in DX books, or books on graphics programming in general. as iceware wrote, "Real Time Rendering" is very good, 
Posted December 8, 2008 5:07:40 AM
Wordaround for GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB GL_REPEAT issue here is another useful link: http://www.opengl.org/wiki/index.php?title=NPOT_Textures&printable=yes as You see we have three types of textures: - POT - standard, with power of two size... - NPOT - any size, and usage as POT textures - with al... 
Posted December 8, 2008 4:51:24 AM
Polish MMORPG gratulację... widać, że kawał dobrej roboty zrobiliście. Very impressive, I hope that the game will improve and will be very successful! 
Posted December 17, 2006 1:25:42 PM
View All Replies Made By This User