Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Critical_Impact...  
Full Name  
Nickname Critical_Impact 
State/Province, Country Queensland   Australia
GD Gathering City Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/10/2010 9:05:51 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
2D Texture Arrays So I'm trying to implement a 2D Texture Array to use to display the tiles in my 2D game. I've setup a VBO, loaded in a shader program and I have been able to get to the point where I can display coloured quads on the screen with no problems at... 
Posted January 7, 2011 7:31:29 AM
3d Textures Would storing the textures for a 2d game be faster using a 3d texture rather than storing each tile(32x32 for example) as a individual image in the GPUs memory? I've tried using atlases to store my tiles but I ran into problems with texel bleeding... 
Posted January 5, 2011 11:34:56 AM
Use of Singletons So what I'm trying to create is a system that allows you to load in new tools on the fly via external code files, I have a Interface that defines OnMouseUp, OnMouseDown, OnKeyPress, OnToolActivated, etc Now obviously you cant appl... 
Posted November 29, 2010 6:55:33 AM
2D Camera Center So I have a Camera that I've setup using GLOrtho that has working zoom and panning but the problem I have is that it only zooms into the bottom left. What I really want is to be able to zoom to either the center or some sort of arbitary point. ... 
Posted July 26, 2010 12:17:33 PM
2d Seams I have set my game to have a viewport based on the current Window Width and Height. I have also set Ortho to be set to one value that never changes. Basically this means that when I make the window smaller it stretches, and expands when... 
Posted April 27, 2010 11:58:32 PM
2D Tile Rendering Order Here's a question about rendering I have, It could be solved with just running through the map 4 times but then I'd have to do that with each layer and it'd get slow if I decided to add more layers. I believe it could possibly be solved with an OpenG... 
Posted April 21, 2010 11:36:25 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
2D Texture Arrays I tried to use a texture atlas but I could never get it to have linear filtering without having seams. The 0.1 in coord.Z is just testing. I still get the same output if I set it to anything greater than one. My textures are in a atlas at... 
Posted January 7, 2011 7:55:42 AM
3d Textures Is there any way to get 3D textures to have linear interpolation or anisotropic filtering without causing the blending of textures? I was able to quickly implement 3D texturing in my engine and I see what you mean. Last time I tried to use tex... 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:07:02 AM
Use of Singletons Thanks for the input guys, I pretty much did what you said and it works quite well. 
Posted November 30, 2010 8:06:01 AM
2D OpenGL Book? In the context of a 2d game would z-ordering allow you to render any layer at any point? So you could render your heroes first then render the terrain 2nd and still have the heroes clip underneath specific layers? 
Posted June 1, 2010 11:36:09 AM
2d Seams At some points I was getting seams when scrolling and also weird texture issues when scaling. In the end I was able to render the scene at one resolution using a VBO, then render the VBO render texture to a single quad and all the issues went aw... 
Posted May 3, 2010 8:51:26 PM
2d Seams Quote:Original post by szecs 1 pixel border (simplest to program, works very nicely) or nearest neighbor texture filter (if you know your tiles will always be the same 1:1 size) or use shaders For the first one: that doesn't mean you have... 
Posted April 29, 2010 3:27:04 AM
View All Replies Made By This User