Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know taby...  
Full Name  
Nickname taby 
State/Province, Country Firey Horse-Lionville, SK, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1116  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/10/2005 12:44:25 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
The boundary between real and artificial intelligence I've heard about the book "The Man Who Lied to His Laptop: What Machines Teach Us About Human Relationships" by Clifford Nass and Corina Yen. Nass' basic idea seems to be that humans interact with our electronic devices as if they were just anothe... 
Posted September 8, 2010 1:04:37 AM
I'm sorry for 9/11... I've been following a lot of US politics and religion recently, and a lot of today's pressing issues seem to revolve around the date 9/11/2001. I'm not a Muslim terrorist, but I would like to apologize on their behalf for the nonsense that ha... 
Posted September 11, 2010 12:50:54 PM
Finally: Stephen King's Dark Tower to be adapted for the screen... Apparently Stephen King's Dark Tower series is going to be adapted into a film/TV mashup: http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/universal-lands-stephen-kings-the-dark-tower-and-plans-unprecedented-featurenetwork-tv-adaptation/ http://www.deadline.com/201... 
Posted September 10, 2010 2:12:54 PM
Assange, Aftonbladet, you know it was the right thing to do... Assange seeks professional asylum via Aftonbladet: http://mathaba.net/news/?x=624311 You know he'll get it, and you know that it's the right thing to do. When the US President started firing off meaningless insults the other day, I knew someth... 
Posted August 15, 2010 9:57:26 PM
"Pirate Party Strikes Hosting Deal With Wikileaks" From torrentfreak.com, "Pirate Party Strikes Hosting Deal With Wikileaks": http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-party-strikes-hosting-deal-with-wikileaks-100817/ If the Swedish Pirate Party is voted into power in the upcoming election, then it seems... 
Posted August 18, 2010 1:43:09 AM
Complete graphs that live on a closed 3D space of constant positive curvature. Here is a complete graph where n = 5, living on a closed 3D space of constant positive curvature. Since a 3D space of constant positive curvature is embedded in 4D space, it is naturally difficult to visualize. To overcome this difficulty I s... 
Posted July 14, 2010 3:41:05 PM
Complete graphs that live on a closed 2D space of constant positive curvature. Complete graphs that live on a closed 2D space of constant positive curvature (a 2D shell). In the main image, there are n = 3 graph vertices (e.g., large black spheres along a slim black torus). The slim white torii represent the geodesic... 
Posted June 28, 2010 11:41:48 AM
Trippiest commercial ever?? This one goes in my top 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUuutY9_VyI!! Warning: May cause dizziness and nausea. 
Posted June 26, 2010 9:58:07 PM
slashdot == lame Not that slashdot has really been anything spectacular since 1998 or so, but they really are sinking quite low these days. They finally wrote up an article on the EU "browser selection" drama that has been going on for the past week -- s... 
Posted February 28, 2010 7:42:14 PM
Debevec gets proper recognition Good! http://www.boingboing.net/2010/01/18/academy-award-for-vi.html 
Posted January 18, 2010 1:19:03 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Windows OS: What the weaknesses that everyone talks about Quote:Original post by donkey breath So, that not starting a flame war is going well...... Don't worry, the incoherence has been identified. I apologize for having to go back on my word. I'll be sticking to gravity-related threads from now &... 
Posted December 20, 2010 8:15:16 AM
Windows OS: What the weaknesses that everyone talks about Quote:Original post by Fiddler ... LOL, you're hilarious. Like you've insisted on twice now, you need to use a custom install to have a custom %APPDATA% path. That alone implies reinstalling your OS from scratch. If you don't count that... 
Posted December 20, 2010 7:33:33 AM
Question about spherical spreading of light. Quote:Original post by Geometrian Hopefully-helpful-yet-tangential-factoid... A tangent to your tangent. I found some old notes where I instead use the single definite integral over theta to calculate steradians, which starts out by using the k... 
Posted December 20, 2010 12:49:26 AM
native americans... would they have ever advanced to tech? Quote:Original post by EricRRichards Quote:Original post by superpig That said, their reverence for the "natural" state of things is effectively a direct resistance to change; as such I'd expect them to have made progress a lot more slowly than cul... 
Posted December 19, 2010 8:49:41 PM
Windows OS: What the weaknesses that everyone talks about Quote:Original post by Fiddler You can move it, but %APPDATA% remains behind, so you now have *two* locations to backup when reinstalling. Fun, huh? Please do not imply that you are somehow "stuck" with a static %APPDATA% target. The whole point... 
Posted December 19, 2010 5:04:00 PM
Windows OS: What the weaknesses that everyone talks about Quote:Original post by davepermen it's fun how most of the complains are mostly users not knowing their systems, I'm pretty sure this somehow similar to why North Korea is such a stick-in-the-mud. They think democracy is crap because they don't... 
Posted December 19, 2010 4:36:10 PM
Question about spherical spreading of light. Quote:Original post by Geometrian -Sent from my airplane. You have an airplane?! I believe that the double integral over the two spherical coordinates theta = [0, pi] and phi = [0, 2*pi] is what gives the total 4*pi steradians, which in turn g... 
Posted December 19, 2010 2:45:04 AM
Question about spherical spreading of light. I believe that Sneftel was trying to illustrate, very patiently, that the attenuation has everything to do with the solid angle over which the light it emitted. For those who don't know the concept of solid angle, first think of being surrounded b... 
Posted December 18, 2010 10:40:32 PM
Windows OS: What the weaknesses that everyone talks about Quote:Original post by Antheus But at the height of botwars, you would do a fresh install of XP. Plug it into net on a public IP to download latest patches, and during those 10 minutes it would get infected (real link from there seems down righ... 
Posted December 18, 2010 8:55:25 PM
Windows OS: What the weaknesses that everyone talks about IMHO, the biggest security hole in Windows has been and still is that it binds the Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer Sharing modules to your network device by default. It was outright dangerous 15 years ago, and it's kind of silly no... 
Posted December 18, 2010 8:22:20 PM
View All Replies Made By This User