Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know rein...  
Full Name  
Nickname rein 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/3/2004 3:56:13 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
P-Xcel - simple on-model texture editor [UPDATE v1.01] 1. Why? I always struggled with making even simple models for my 3d games. Learning to model in SketchUp for example is very easy - unfortunately same cannot be said about texturing :/ I never quite liked 3d Studio's uv mapping and the whole workf... 
Posted August 24, 2010 12:11:41 PM
Small request - ultra low-poly model UV mapping help Hello! I have a small problem which I'm sure top-shelf modellers like you can deal with in a matter of minutes: There's a simple model of a spaceship, about 350 triangles, textured with a few small images. The thing is that the engine I'm using... 
Posted July 24, 2009 5:59:25 AM
An Ultimate Font library? help please I think my head is going to blow up now. I've spent several days trying to find a reasonable TTF Bitmap generated-at-startup font library for OpenGL. What I seek is a library that will create a font from a given .ttf file and draw it as quads (or... 
Posted December 1, 2008 2:25:16 PM
Generating realistic 2d maps hello I have a question that's been bugging me for some time now. Have any of you encountered any algorithms or editors that allow making photo-realistic satellite-like images? Not necessarily 3d terrain editors, 2 dimensional is what I seek -... 
Posted July 12, 2008 1:52:23 AM
new windows forms gui question hello I have no idea where this thread belongs to, however, I'd like to ask a question about the new look of win applications developed under Visual Studio 2005. if you take a look at this screenshot you can clearly tell the difference in the... 
Posted February 27, 2007 3:14:33 PM
How do you organize your project development process? well guys, if you're creating your very own game/engine, how do you keep your design and ideas organized? I always had this problem - putting down more and more things into my project notebook, pages, which look more and more crammed with things b... 
Posted April 28, 2006 9:01:22 AM
typical client-server bandwidth what is the typical client-server game network bandwidth? no matter what type of game we design, the approach of data transfer is similiar: - client sends it's own actions to the server, which then verifies them and sends back to all other client... 
Posted March 18, 2006 8:45:06 AM
is IP dynamically granted? hello I have a little question as my knowledge in this matter seems to be pretty shallow are dynamically granted IPs any specific? I mean, do they begin with numbers of specified range or consist of any digits that form a hidden regularity? ... 
Posted March 14, 2006 12:16:10 PM
NAT punch-thru without port forwarding (solved) hello! after reading some articles about NAT walkarounds still the same question comes to my mind: if the NAT box changes the outgoing packet's port from it's internal client to it's own freely generated one, how can the server handle such a... 
Posted February 25, 2006 6:31:19 PM
Vanishing point off the screen? [ASCII art now:] hello there gamedev community! it's my 1st post here, but I've been following the threads for a long time anyway. however, I come up with a problem: How do I set the vanishing point (lets say it's a top-down view) beyond the screen boundaries?... 
Posted August 4, 2004 4:59:35 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
P-Xcel - simple on-model texture editor [UPDATE v1.01] Hey guys! I have uploaded a new version 1.01 that fixes many problems people have been experiencing, like being unable to load an .obj model, crashes or out-of-memory after loading, invisible or missing faces (added automatic model triangulation),... 
Posted August 27, 2010 4:09:10 PM
P-Xcel - simple on-model texture editor [UPDATE v1.01] please guys, if you had any difficulties loading models let me know! I'll try to fix any bugs you can find ASAP :) 
Posted August 24, 2010 7:04:01 PM
P-Xcel - simple on-model texture editor [UPDATE v1.01] Quote:Original post by Baloniman This is a great idea. One question will you always be limited to the blocky style mapping, or is there something that will allow for more detail? Also can you modify the maps after with more detail and not a... 
Posted August 24, 2010 12:49:22 PM
Newcomb's paradox I think the logic here is flawed the predictor simply predicts that you change your mind, if it's flawless. so therefore you have no choice (any choice is predicted beforehand). obviously this is an impossible scenario, so the whole paradox is... 
Posted April 16, 2009 9:31:21 AM
An Ultimate Font library? help please heh few days wasted and now, after my act of desperation I've just stumbled upon exactly what I was looking for: http://www.devmaster.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7991 I've quicktested it and voilla! it renders precisely the same image as GDI (n... 
Posted December 1, 2008 3:00:31 PM
An Ultimate Font library? help please I'm sorry, what I meant was not imitating actual user settings but only the pixel precision of the letters displayed in comparison to adequate rendering style (bolded, cleartype, italic) in Windows GDI. I just noticed, that in nearly al... 
Posted December 1, 2008 2:46:46 PM
new windows forms gui question I tried doing some research on the subject, however it's a bit hard while not knowing what exactly to look for :) are those controls styles the new Windows XP ComCtl32.dll version 6 styles? how are they stored in the application? a... 
Posted February 28, 2007 4:32:58 AM
Designing game worlds... I can recommend you this book, it appealed to me very much: Designing Virtual Worlds http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0131018167/102-0133552-3712933?v=glance&n=283155 
Posted April 29, 2006 7:51:33 AM
How do you organize your project development process? Quote:Original post by Paulius Maruska Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ Task tracking is a bit of a sticky point. For personal use, Outlook works fine, and I'm sure there's a decent free alternative out there someplace. There is an application call... 
Posted April 28, 2006 6:07:39 PM
How do you organize your project development process? DarkSlayer, I already know all that. to those people wanting to create a full game from scratch in notime I've been giving advices myself, and I have a few fairly advanced projects in my portfolio. however, the point of my topic was to improve my... 
Posted April 28, 2006 5:24:21 PM
View All Replies Made By This User