Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Daryl01...  
Full Name  
Nickname Daryl01 
State/Province, Country Saint George   Dominica
GD Gathering City Roseau, Saint George, Dominica
Contact Info
Homepage URL null 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description website maintainance & design 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/27/2009 1:33:36 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Trying to blend IDirect3DSurface9 -- Edit: --------------------------------------------- Hey, I'm trying to blend a surface with the back buffer (which already has my game entities like sprites and background scenery), to create a fading in/out effect. -----------------------------... 
Posted March 6, 2010 2:21:58 PM
ID3DXSPRITE slows down my game I'm developing a 2D game for a school project. It's a brick breaker (with the paddle, the ball and targets to hit) and I created a ID3DXSPRITE variable to handle drawing all my targets from a texture of a 32x32 bitmap (about that size). In my render(... 
Posted November 27, 2009 5:44:49 PM
Need to use same variable in two .cpp files LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 pd3dDevice; I created a file called winmain.cpp where i declared and defined pd3dDevice. But now I'm adding another file called VendingMachine.cpp and it needs to use the device from winmain.cpp. I know you have to use the extern... 
Posted November 29, 2009 11:33:14 PM
I dont get the direction of coords for vertices and for light [edit] x = right, -x = left. I read in books that for a vertex: +x = left, -x = right and +y = up, -y = down and +z = far,-z = near. When I define vertices using the above, the results are exactly the opposite! the triangles get 'flipped' some... 
Posted November 27, 2009 6:25:58 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Hi there! What's your story? Daryl, age 18, Commonwealth of Dominica. Daryl is in his 2nd year at college studying Computer Science and works as an intern with an e-consultancy / e-marketing company. He is currently learning to program games but his lack of math and physics skil... 
Posted March 6, 2010 5:16:37 PM
Review my game dev project - www.freeciv.net It's too big, I have to scroll down a little to get to the chat box. It shows plain black for me. All I see is the top navigation, a message indicating the current turn number, then a lot of black then the chatbox and the small icons next to it. ... 
Posted March 6, 2010 4:46:24 PM
Trying to blend IDirect3DSurface9 Ok. I havn't learnt or began using shaders yet, but I understand. I'm reading the book 'Introductoin to 3D Game Programing...' by Frank Lua, when I get to part iv- shaders and effects I will implement your suggestion. Thanks 
Posted March 6, 2010 4:35:50 PM
Trying to blend IDirect3DSurface9 Ok. I edited what I said before. Does that help? 
Posted March 6, 2010 4:24:25 PM
how to use conv3ds? I'm having the same problem right now. I need help too... 
Posted February 4, 2010 5:32:31 PM
ID3DXSPRITE slows down my game Hmm Ok fellars it must be my update area. I didnt organize the code well enough and its kinda confusing to get back in to. Well the next time I'll know what to do better :-)-l--< 
Posted November 30, 2009 11:19:37 PM
Making the sprite jump in a curved path Escuse me bzroom, it's unclear to me what dt represents 
Posted November 30, 2009 11:10:13 PM
ID3DXSPRITE slows down my game no time i just want smooth movement of the ball 
Posted November 30, 2009 2:32:49 PM
ID3DXSPRITE slows down my game Windows XP uh intel pentium 4 2.20GHz 640 RAM. It slowed down on a dell xps 430 with vista as well :/ 
Posted November 30, 2009 9:55:01 AM
Need to use same variable in two .cpp files eFoDay I did like your example and I got no compile time errors but game crashed on runtime when I tried to use the device in one of the files. I just passed the pd3dDevice as an argument to the specific funciton that needed it instead. Ne... 
Posted November 30, 2009 7:46:17 AM
View All Replies Made By This User