Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Twisol...  
Full Name  
Nickname Twisol 
State/Province, Country Los Angeles
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1245  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/11/2005 4:37:37 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[Solved] (C++, Win32 console) Problem drawing a buffer to output EDIT: Solved after a few days of banging my head against a wall. I guess it is a bit specific to my particular program, so I'm not surprised nobody responded. Thanks anyways. The topic is a little misleading, but it's hard to sum up in a few wor... 
Posted June 24, 2008 10:04:37 PM
[Solved] (C++) Problem with std::list iterators I'm getting assertion failures when I run my code, and they orignate in these two functions... I know I'm doing something wrong with my iterators, I just can't figure out what. (it doesn't help that the iterators are pointing to pointers) HookEnti... 
Posted June 21, 2008 12:41:43 PM
OpenGL on Ubuntu Linux? I've recently gotten into Ubuntu, and I've looked all over the place for information on getting OpenGL headers, and how to get started with them on Ubuntu, but I've had no luck. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? Also, I'... 
Posted February 10, 2008 5:01:38 AM
OpenGL doesn't appear to be rendering I'm following a book called "OpenGL Game Development", and I'm up to the 2.1 example at the end of Chapter 2, but when I run it, nothing renders. I downloaded the source code that comes with the book from www.wordware.com/files/openglgd, and replaced... 
Posted January 2, 2008 2:20:34 PM
Static struct in a class I'm having a lot of problems with putting a static struct into my class. I read on cprogramming.com that static member variables needed to be defined outside the class definition, but I don't know how to do this for static structs. Here's my cod... 
Posted June 1, 2007 12:09:33 AM
C++ and Perl Is it possible to run another program from within a C++ program? What about a Perl program? Can a Perl program run a C++ program? On cronjobs: Can C++ be used instead of Perl for web server cronjobs? 
Posted October 24, 2006 12:07:04 AM
Help getting started with OpenGL I don't want to come across as a noob or someone who wants other people to do their work for them. I've been trying to learn OpenGL for maybe a month, but I can't get GLUT to work, and the OpenGL code is just a little bit hard to understand. I'm also... 
Posted April 13, 2006 9:11:56 PM
Trouble with resource files I'm using a book called OpenGL Game Development by Chris Seddon to learn OpenGL, but there's a file I can't seem to get to work. The wordware website with the companion files works fine (it's at http://wordware.com/files/openglgd/), but even if I cop... 
Posted September 16, 2005 7:43:33 PM
Alpha value? What exactly is an alpha value, and what is it for? Is it really important? 
Posted September 13, 2005 11:59:35 PM
Problems with Lesson 6 and up I can't compile any tutorial code other than Lessons 1-5, as Dev-C++ is geting me tons of linker errors. Here's my error log, with repeated enries taken out... [Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp__CreateCompatibleDC@4' [Linker error]... 
Posted September 12, 2005 7:56:43 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Daily GameDev.net Continuity is awesome, great link! @swiftcoder - FPSes for 2 year olds? :O 
Posted December 4, 2009 6:32:35 PM
Industrybroadcast.com is serving up 5 new great articles! The IndustryBroadcast.com links you posted are dead at the time of this posting; all I see is a typical parked page... 
Posted October 19, 2009 2:30:37 PM
Never Programmed Games Before--Where to Start (Preferably Free) The poster above me left out a terminating quote in his <a> tag; page source shows he probably meant this: Quote: Try making a Pong clone with SDL. It's a great introduction to basic graphical games. Personally, I've found my current n... 
Posted September 1, 2009 11:00:37 PM
circle area and circumference One, you really need to tell us what error you're getting. Two, you're missing a semicolon after "float a, c, r". 
Posted April 8, 2009 5:43:26 PM
Untitled // Quote: Dark_Glitch else cout << "Item Name not Found."; Sleep(1000); break; } system("cls"); } // End of GetItemInfo() I'm not sure if you spotted this already, but you need to have { and } around those three... 
Posted April 8, 2009 5:41:17 PM
warning C4100 This is precisely why such warnings exist. Nice catch! ~Jonathan 
Posted March 14, 2009 7:35:44 PM
Cross-platform UTF-8 in C++ Quote:Original post by Bregma Supporting Unicode in C++ in a cross-platform manner is as easy as using std::string. It just works, you don't have to worry about it. I could've sworn that std::string was based on char, and you need to use st... 
Posted March 14, 2009 4:29:43 PM
Question about Iterators I'll PM ya. [smile] ~Jonathan 
Posted March 14, 2009 4:03:58 PM
Advice about getting my programming degree(s)? You should consider breaking that wall of bricks into a few more manageable paragraphs. It hurts just looking at it. O_o ~Jonathan 
Posted March 14, 2009 2:27:29 AM
Workspace? Sure! You can get free web-hosting in several places, but if you don't mind an extra forum to visit regularly, I used FriHost for a while and I really liked it. You can set up FTP access for both you and your friend. You should also look into SVN... 
Posted March 14, 2009 2:13:59 AM
View All Replies Made By This User