Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Antonym...  
Full Name  
Nickname Antonym 
State/Province, Country Nuevo Leon   Mexico
GD Gathering City Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1051  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/5/2008 10:43:33 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Mitashi Just another tetris clone. I didn't deviate from the original gameplay, made it from scratch and focused on finishing it and polishing it as much as possible. Decided to do it after reading this http://web.archive.org/web/20051104034215/www.... 
Posted October 27, 2010 5:35:36 PM
OpenGL painting texture I was thinking of asking this in the openGL section but it struck me as a fairly basic question. I know that you can change the color of a texture with glColor, that however will only act upon the colors that are already there. Is there a way to... 
Posted November 23, 2010 3:23:13 AM
Tsubusu Tsubusu, been working on this one for a good three months or so. Not sure how much of that time I didn't spend fooling around though. Just another Breakout/Arkanoid clone with a few concepts of my own. There are the bricks, a dozen or more... 
Posted November 15, 2010 3:17:24 PM
Laser sound(s) Sorry to ask, I've tried google and the sound resources but my luck has been bad. I asked here before and it turned up some good results so I was hoping it would happen again. I am looking for a powerful laser beam sound. Perhaps a birth, loop and de... 
Posted November 6, 2010 1:17:05 PM
Parsing folder I want to parse a folder with c++. I did some search in google and found this. It uses boost although it seems native_file_string() is deprecated. I tried finding an alternative, some info on it but nothing. It'd be nice if I could find a platfo... 
Posted August 29, 2010 1:11:43 AM
OpenGL Graphics Error? Hello, I am rendering some sprites with openGL and they render fine. When I zoom in or out however a line shows up at the bottom of the sprites. Wondering if I did something wrong or if it's something normal. Middle picture is fine, left zoom in,... 
Posted August 27, 2010 11:12:38 AM
OpenGL stencil buffer graphical effect Sorry for the title, I can't think of a good summary for what I am trying to do. So I am using openGL for an arkanoid/breakout clone and want to be able to draw a background and then draw the blocks on top but have the blocks be "windows" to a d... 
Posted August 10, 2010 10:16:01 PM
Sounds for a Tetris Clone I just finished a tetris clone and am looking for someone who could provide the sounds to complete it. Sounds would be: Lock Rotate Shift Line completed Defeat And perhaps also an original theme. Thanks. [Edited by - Antonym on August... 
Posted July 10, 2010 9:27:20 PM
warcraft cooldown icon I've been wondering how they do the clock shade thingy whenever an ability is undergoing cooldown. Thanks. 
Posted August 6, 2010 10:56:04 AM
OpenGL Alpha So I have an image with some parts alphaed out, I am wondering how to use glBlendFunc(If that's what I should use) to have the image rendered with those same parts alphaed out. Right now what I end up with is not just the parts that are alphaed out n... 
Posted July 25, 2010 10:13:15 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
OpenGL painting texture Thanks! Aren't shaders kind of advanced stuff though? If so is there no simpler method? Also aren't shaders a broad subject? Any guide on where to start looking is very much appreciated. 
Posted November 23, 2010 11:22:17 PM
Tsubusu Thanks! You can go fullscreen with ctrl + F, I included the command buttons in the game instructions text file sorry, it stretches a bit though. Still thinking of a good and efficient way for both me and the player to layout the game instructions... 
Posted November 22, 2010 8:45:00 PM
Conlan's Claim Damn that looks really pretty. 
Posted November 15, 2010 8:13:40 PM
Frankie's Quest Quote: I'm not quite sure I understand this correctly. The current implementation ensures that the first pick is always empty (no traps). Perhaps you could elaborate a bit on this? Oh I didn't know that. Kinda suspected it though, after play... 
Posted November 12, 2010 1:59:42 PM
Frankie's Quest It has a very charming look and feel. It's based on minesweeper isn't it? Some free guesses. The first pick being always to luck is kind of a pain. It'd be nice if when you died you didn't have to go through the whole thing again but it... 
Posted November 12, 2010 10:31:33 AM
Mitashi Thanks for the kind words. Yes! Even with a game like tetris the last 10% is the most brutal part of development ~_~. Nasty surprise. 
Posted November 11, 2010 5:39:43 PM
Laser sound(s) Thanks for the help guys. That sound tutorial is really neat. I haven't had to pay for the sounds I've used so far and I'd like to stretch it aslong as possible :P. I started working with some of the sounds I already had and found that ... 
Posted November 10, 2010 4:46:27 PM
Laser sound(s) Thanks for the reply. Interesting tool, I'll start messing with it to see if I can come up with something. 
Posted November 6, 2010 3:16:47 PM
Tiled Directional Flow Pretty ~_~. 
Posted November 3, 2010 7:37:59 AM
Isometric Revival that looks so sweeeet o_o. 
Posted October 26, 2010 6:17:33 PM
View All Replies Made By This User