Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know possom...  
Full Name Phil Mossop
Nickname possom 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/10/2004 8:48:44 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
OpenGL versions Hi there, I'm new to OpenGL, and have two questions: 1. Can I find out the current GL SDK version? I installed MSVC++ 2008 and it came with its own SDK, so I'm not sure if it is 1.1, 2.1, 3.0... 2. Is there a large difference between 1.1 and... 
Posted August 8, 2009 7:19:50 AM
OpenGL beginner - gl.h with syntax error? - SOLVED Hi there, I am new to OpenGL and I am trying to compile using the GL headers using VC++ 2008 Express Edition, code is simple: #include <windows.h> #include <GL/gl.h> #include <GL/glu.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { ... 
Posted August 7, 2009 7:38:54 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
OpenGL versions Makes perfect sense, thanks Brother Bob 
Posted August 8, 2009 12:33:17 PM
OpenGL versions Thanks for the replies. From your anwsers I gather that the version of OpenGL is determined by the extensions that you use and the specification that these extensions implement. I am using GLee so I gather I access to a recent implementation of Op... 
Posted August 8, 2009 11:05:34 AM
OpenGL beginner - gl.h with syntax error? - SOLVED After posting the topic I thought that I may have a older version of gl.h and glu.h. I reinstalled the VC++ SDK and it seems to be working. Issue solved. Thanks for the response anyways... 
Posted August 7, 2009 8:22:39 AM
2-D side scroller sources? In case you haven't yet, there are some resources on gamedev, can be found through search. Some examples: Smooth scrolling - http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article743.asp 2D Scrolling - http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topi... 
Posted April 8, 2005 9:32:49 AM
Getting the size of a file Drakkcon, you seem to store the size of the file in the first 8 bytes, but you don't know the length of the file. How does the file size differ from the file length? I thought that the length would be measured in bytes, or am I getting the resource f... 
Posted April 6, 2005 5:42:28 AM
Where to start? MMORPG Sounds like a something that most of us only dream about... if MMORGP is what you are ultimiately after, I agree with a lot of people in here is that you use the approach: Research -> MUD -> RGP -> (additional steps?) -> MMORGP Se... 
Posted March 10, 2005 4:20:26 AM
Where to start? MMORPG Maybe MUD game programming is worth a look. It has the MMORGP concepts... without time-consuming creation of the bells-and-whistles. If the game play is solid then adding graphics on top as a next version will only be a bonus. Good luck 
Posted March 9, 2005 7:53:43 AM
A tic-tac-toe superbot @Sijmen: If you are real keen on the training concept, have a look at Artifical Neural Networks, although it may be overkill for TTT, the results may be quite interesting and could be applied to other applications. Unfortunately, I haven't do... 
Posted January 13, 2005 9:24:47 PM
why many games suck Wow, this thread has opened a can of worms... it is such a broad topic, with many opinions... so heres mine: ;) I was always look back to gaming in the days (an I ain't that old), during my Uni days it was C&C, HL, Total Annihilation (still may fa... 
Posted December 20, 2004 4:30:32 PM
My First Game (need feedbacks!) Very cool for a first game... I would like a mouse toggle as I am one of those weirdos that like the invert mouse, and perhaps a music OFF setting ;) Good job. 
Posted December 20, 2004 10:39:52 AM
View All Replies Made By This User