Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Danny02...  
Full Name  
Nickname Danny02 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID 329861718 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description Student of Applied Computer Science 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1080  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/21/2010 6:30:27 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Any improvments for my Sphere Collision Algorithm Today i sat down in wrote me a function which checks if 2 moving Spheres collide or not because I need this for my Game projekt. And I wondered if there are any improvments performance wise which can be done. Ps: I tested it a bit but would be gl... 
Posted May 15, 2010 12:46:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
No Java game developers on this forum...? same thought as Jason Petrasko, all the more difficult questions go to the OpenGL/Graphics Theory forums or a more general questions. 
Posted January 7, 2011 7:29:50 AM
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? sure, if u want to rotate your spirits, then just calculating the 4 vertices on the CPU will be easier for you.(One could distinguish between rotating and not rotating ones ;-) ) @Erik Rufelt I'm agreeing with you, using point spirits w... 
Posted January 6, 2011 10:05:38 AM
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? I can't really agree with Erik Rufelt here. 1. When I profiled my app once I found out that binding Textures was the function which took the longest time to process then any other function. I had a little game which had also some game logic... 
Posted January 5, 2011 12:12:33 PM
Bloated class and organization in JOGL this is not that much of a JOGL relate problem then just a general problem you encounter. You will always have some where a function/method which will start the rendering of a frame(not the window "JFrame"). Some basic Idea would be to have a... 
Posted January 4, 2011 11:02:58 AM
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? so when u don't use shaders u can't use a texture atlas(TA) with point spirits(PS), only one. In this case i would recommend to use a TA and create one VBO for each Texture so u will only have to change each Texture once. ... 
Posted January 4, 2011 10:29:08 AM
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? So because you were talking about 2D, if u really meant cubes or quads? If so you could use point spirits(u just have to provide 1 Vertex for each quad). Also be sure if u really move every object per frame or just the camera. In this case u c... 
Posted January 4, 2011 8:08:31 AM
Render point array into a 3D texture yes I finally found out how to do this :-) I was curious how others had done this(crytek) cause obviously copying 500 textures isn't quite efficient. it seams as crytek stated it is only possible with DX10 capable hardware, because a geometr... 
Posted December 31, 2010 8:06:23 AM
Render point array into a 3D texture in the specs it says: "blit operations only read from the color buffer specified by glReadBuffer and will only write to the color buffers specified by glDrawBuffers." so you can only read from one buffer, but can write to mult... 
Posted December 31, 2010 7:45:39 AM
Optimal alignment of vertex data I think that u would only see some measurable difference if u used some strange vertex sizes like 23 or so. I think that I read somewhere that 32bit is the best value, because the memory registers(??) on the GPU are 32bit big. And to load t... 
Posted December 31, 2010 7:39:06 AM
Geometry shader, point sprites to spheres ok lets see: - i just assume that your look at function works - point size stuff shouldn't matter, because you already got spheres to display with that code viewmatrix: you have a 3x3 matrix in your shader but are trying to send a 4x4 matrix.... 
Posted December 29, 2010 1:07:22 PM
View All Replies Made By This User